Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Dogmains

Established Member
Impact
81
So I've been watching a lot of whats been selling incrementally learning more and more about Chinese numerology and how the number 8 is the "luckiest".

8.com of course is taken but then I started drinking and ran an experiment to see how many times I have to enter 8 to get an available domain. The answer was surprising. All of them were taken except one so I bought it... the number 8 62 times. All the domains more 8s are taken as well. All other numbers were taken so I had to buy it. IDK what anyone would do with it but theres gotta be a reason longer ones are taken as well. Maybe it'll bring me good luck times 62 by having it in my portfolio!

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888.com

Any ideas on why the others would be taken?
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
How long have you had it? Have you gotten any offers on it?

I have owned it for about 3 years now.
The highest offer was $2,200 if I recalled correctly.
 
4
•••
You can't say / write that you own the "most" "8"s on the internet" (of course you can say / write it - but it's factually wrong).

Simply because you are not the only one who owns this number of "8"s (63 = maximum) in a domain name.


As you may knowww and as as I mentioned in the beginning of this thread already, I own the domain

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888.top

which contains exact the same number of "8"s (63 = maximum) like your domain.

.com is my world and my Internet :laugh:
 
Last edited:
1
•••
In Chinese culture, 8 is the luckiest number and closely associated with wealth, so I own a few domains having 8 and related to wealth:

ChangZhou88.com
Earn168.com
Earn28.com
Earn38.com
Earn68.com
FaDa88.com
Fortune28.com
Fortune38.com
FuGui88.com
Treasure168.com
Treasure28.com
Treasure38.com
Treasure68.com
Wealth38.com
Wealthy168.com
Wealthy28.com
Wealthy38.com
Wealthy68.com
Wealthy888.com
Wealthy88.com
18.capital
18.casino
28.capital
38.capital
38.cash
38.casino
68.capital
68.cash
68.casino
 
1
•••
.com is my world and my Internet :laugh:
I see. Very strange...

Originally you wrote "...on the internet" and not "...on my internet".
According to your (above quoted) reply, you actually should have written originally "...on my internet" to make others instantly clear that "your world / internet is .com only".


So only if you write "In my world and in my internet which consist of .com only, I own the most "8"s", then you are correct.

But at the end you are just denying the internet - realityyy with such a statement - because .com is only a part of the internet; factually there is no "my" internet, there is just "the" internet - with thousands of different TLDs and .com is only one of them - but it is not the highest one.
 
Last edited:
0
•••

中国8.com

中国888.com
​
 
1
•••
888leaf.ca in my extension (Canadian and or Canadian presence)
 
0
•••
eigh.top
=
eigh(t)op

The "top - eight - domain" ;)
 
0
•••
eigh.top
=
eigh(t)op

The "top - eight - domain" ;)
I'm not seeing "top-eight-domain" here.

On the left side the dot I see "eigh" which maybe is another word for eh. This is what I see.

Yes, eight is in there but what is "eight op"? What does this mean?
I don't think this is even considered a hack.
I just don't get it. Or maybe my brain is just not equipped to understand this Domain Illuminati stuff.O_o
 
2
•••
I'm not seeing "top-eight-domain" here.

On the left side the dot I see "eigh" which maybe is another word for eh. This is what I see.

Yes, eight is in there but what is "eight op"? What does this mean?
I don't think this is even considered a hack.
I just don't get it. Or maybe my brain is just not equipped to understand this Domain Illuminati stuff.O_o
Your feedback is welcome.
I recommend you to see my post / domain in context with the emoji I made:


;)


You see what you want to see - so if you want, you can see that the "eigh(t)" "borrows" its "t" from the ".(t)op", in other words, the TLD is "sharing" its first letter (t) with the domainname (eigh)…

...this will let you see "eigh(t)op", I would call it "fusion - hack - domain", it's (original) DOMAIN ILLUMINATI stuff, yes.

I registered this domain as a short forwarder to the highest "8" - domain of all time.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
These kind of domains mostly registered by Domain Hobbyists.
 
1
•••
Haven't read the whole thread so I hope this is not off topic.

on the number 8. I've been contacting Chinese nationals in hopes of selling them my domain CryptoCoin8 dot com.

They all asked "how much", none have agreed to my price, but they all asked.

I guess it really means a lot to them..

Someone will eventually pay up I guess.

Thanks
 
2
•••
1
•••
nobody is going to type in 88888888888888888888888888888888888.com

I did... also according to Estibot quite a few people do a month which is crazy

Exact Searches
Keyword [88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888]
Monthly Searches 320
 
1
•••
I did... also according to Estibot quite a few people do a month which is crazy

Exact Searches
Keyword [88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888]
Monthly Searches 320

320 a month is not much, you will find most are domainers on this forum after reading this thread :xf.smile: There is s till no value in these names
 
1
•••
I have some pure numerical domains ending in .com with a large numbers of 8s in that. Where should I sell them in order to reach the Chinese market?
 
1
•••
Haven't read the whole thread so I hope this is not off topic.

on the number 8. I've been contacting Chinese nationals in hopes of selling them my domain CryptoCoin8 dot com.

They all asked "how much", none have agreed to my price, but they all asked.

I guess it really means a lot to them..

Someone will eventually pay up I guess.

Thanks

Appreciated if you can tell how to find the Chinese people!
 
2
•••
Appreciated if you can tell how to find the Chinese people!

whois info, social networks, companies, & individuals you previously worked with.

am sure there are other ways too..

I built a "friendship" if you can call it that, with a Chinese domainer wannabe, but they are so stingy, they want everything for pennies & even for free. Its funny. Such connections can be useful as well.

Thanks
 
2
•••
1
•••
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back