IT.COM

tips Scam offers on Dan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
This time on Dan,

I am getting increased number of scam offers lately from the Prince(s), anywhere from 10K to 500K (!) on domains worth 1K at most.

Beware. If you get such an offer, the safe approach is not to respond to it.

Perhaps @DAN.COM should monitor these and ban them accordingly. It is clear these offers are hoax.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How would they scam if there is escrow in place?

•••
How would they scam if there is escrow in place?
Probably by overwhelming and convincing you to use another platform.

•••
Why would you tag it Nigerian Prince? what sorts of heading is this ? Nonsense

•••
what sorts of heading is this ? Nonsense

Actually you are right. It's a common term for a common advance fee scam, but not necessarily a good one.

@Alfa Mod Team , could you please change title to "Scam offers on Dan" and change "the Prince" term to "Dan.com buyers from Nigeria" in my post?

Thank you, much appreciated!

•••
Why would you tag it Nigerian Prince? what sorts of heading is this ? Nonsense
That is obviously hatred...is only Nigeria a scammer???.

•••
By the time you realise the population of Nigerians on Namepros, you will be forced to desist from this sort of rubbish headlines.

•••
By the time you realise the population of Nigerians on Namepros, you will be forced to desist from this sort of rubbish headlines.
There are many Nigeria that are doing legitimate business here at namepros and online....

•••
There are many Nigeria that are doing legitimate business here at namepros and online....

I definitely agree, this is why I asked the mod team to change the bad title. I have nothing against any country, I just made a headline mistake, that's all. Which I admitted and asked to be fixed. Pretty common phrase but then I realized it's not appropriate. In fact I also live in a country where there are bad apples, so we get the same treatment, while most people are good hard working. The title choice I made is bad indeed, and I apologize for it to any forum member that might feel affected. Rest assured, this does not come from the heart. Needs to be more careful with headlines.

•••
  • Thank you for your reminding. I will pay more attention in the future:xf.smile:
    best wishes for you

•••
Back