Dynadot

interviews The Meeple Guild - Cues adds twist to classic crokinole(.ca)

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
“I have been a crokinole fan for as long as I can remember,” he related. “During Christmas get togethers, I would play Crokinole with my grandpa who was a seasoned pro in my mind.

“When I got involved in designing websites for people in 2007, I decided to purchase the domain name crokinole.ca as I thought it would be worth owning, maybe for a future venture like I have started now.

“Later on, a friend introduced me to the World Championships in Tavistock, Ontario. I enjoyed going mainly to connect with my friend and have some fun.”

So why does Fuller like crokinole so much?

“Put simply, it’s a relational game,” he said.” I love the fact that you can have a conversation while playing and get to know someone more deeply.

“There’s not a lot of rules, and it’s simple enough for a child to learn. I think it’s a much better alternative than video games which have so much darkness in them these days. I think kids need a break from that and their minds need a rest, and this is the kind of game which will help with that.”

And the love of the game grew into something more for Fuller.

“Later on, I decided to build a store around Crokinole as I saw the opportunity to connect many craftsmen together and feature their products on my website, Crokinole Canada,” he said.

read more (yorktonthisweek)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back