NameSilo

.me The .ME TLD Blog - .ME domain names coming soon!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The .ME TLD Blog
The Hottest New Domain Extension is .ME!

The .ME TLD blog is your source for the latest news and information about the upcoming .ME Internet domain extension set to launch in mid-late 2008. Read our blog regularly to make the most of this opportunity and get the names you've always wanted! Also, subscribe to our RSS feed above so you won't miss a beat in the development of the .ME domain extension.

Check us out at MeTLD.com!

Quick Facts about .ME

- Montenegro, a small European country which declared independence in 2006 was assigned .ME as their ccTLD (country code TLD).
- As soon as the news got out about .ME, the Internet community immediately realized the potential of .ME being marketed and sold as a global, alternative domain extension, just like .TV.
- A .ME domain will be perfect for a personal websites/blogs and it could work with social networking apps, which are all the rage on the Internet right now. If you couldn't get your personal name in the major domain extensions, you might be able to grab the .ME!
- The government of Montenegro signs a contract with Godaddy, Afilias, and Me-Net to run the .ME extension.
- Anyone in the world will be allowed to register .ME domains when they released! There will not be any residency or local-presence restrictions as there are with many other ccTLDs.
- .ME is expected to launch in late spring to early summer 2008!

.ME's been mentioned a couple times around here and our :great:s showed considerable interest in the extension.
Get ready for .ME
.ME Extension - Coming Soon In 2008
Godaddy, Afilias & Me-Net to run .ME TLD

Thanks! :wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Any idea what the registration price will be?

•••
ojm said:
Any idea what the registration price will be?

That has yet to be announced. I'm guessing the reg fee will be around $10-$15 per year in line with the price of the major domain extensions. Godaddy championed cheap domain registrations back in the day after all and Afilias is famous for its cheap .info promotion. Both Godaddy and Afilias are behind the .ME extension so I see reasonably priced regs in our collective future. :D

Keep reading my blog for more information and updates on the state of the extension. :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back