Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain hack .me's are superb, and anyone who has one or more of them will undoubtedly know their value, hence the reason for the long registrations (unless your a tight old git like me of course).

I think a lot of .me hacks are changing hands privately, so the true value of them has yet to be established publicly. But that is just my own opinion.

Very true
I have seen quite a few private transactions go for 5-30k a pop with .me hacks (obviously I can't say which ones)
I originally wanted to sell mine quickly but now I'm holding out
I still have some cool ones like
Undress.Me
WillYouMarry.Me
Smell.Me
BidOn.Me
Haunt.Me and Supre.me :)

•••
I own AdFa.me, DoYouLuv.me. anybody interested to buy ;)

Hi,

I own AdFa.me, DoYouLuv.me. anybody interested to buy ;)

Please review and appraise.

Thanks

•••
trip.me auction at sedo ended up with 10,200 GBP stake. Nice! :tu:

•••
today on Sedo drinks.me closed at $310.00 - not mine, not sure how many bidders there were.

•••
today on Sedo drinks.me closed at $310.00 - not mine, not sure how many bidders there were.

..fair value i believe

i recently turned down $1,000 offer for kool.me via Sedo with no regrets

•••
^ that was a good offer, I would have accepted it...

•••
^ that was a good offer, I would have accepted it...

i'm not in a hurry and i have not yet decided if i really want to sell the name or keep it for myself :)

•••
•••
•••

When I won the domain drinks.me in one of the last sedo great domains auction for $100, the buyer refused to sell it. Maybe now he will do the same. I dont understand why SEDO allowed him to list the domain for a SECOND TIME. Isnt there some kind of ban for such people?

•••
When I won the domain drinks.me in one of the last sedo great domains auction for $100, the buyer refused to sell it. Maybe now he will do the same. I dont understand why SEDO allowed him to list the domain for a SECOND TIME. Isnt there some kind of ban for such people?

drinks.me isn't even worth $100 IMHO

•••
•••
Hi there. Nice post. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This post is really interesting and gives good details....

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
I hand regged last fall

LEY.me

means Law in spanish and has alot of other meanings

also a surname

FOR SALEbtw

:gl:

•••
Another live redirect / shortener: slate.me

•••
...just regged...

PORTO.ME

2nd largest city in Portugal, and has Global city status, whatever that means.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto"]Porto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I also have

OPORTO.ME

Of course they are for sale if anyone should be interested in these geo gems...

•••
Porto.me is a very good reg imo! Congrats.

•••
Porto.me is a very good reg imo! Congrats.

...thanx, Dave.

I sometimes revisit names after several months and get surprised with a name that wasn't available before. Nothing fancy, just typing in a name and seeing it's availability, hand-reg style...

•••
Congrats, that is a beautiful city and worth a visit. Porto is way better than Oporto - nowadays mostly Porto is used by everyone.

Do these big city names sell?

...just regged...

PORTO.ME

2nd largest city in Portugal, and has Global city status, whatever that means.

Porto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also have

OPORTO.ME

Of course they are for sale if anyone should be interested in these geo gems...

•••
Regged imei (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity)

Last edited:
•••
What is the real future of .me??? Will it go the way of .mobi or will it become stronger as time goes on. The reason I ask is because there just doesn't seem to be a strong interest in it as far as sales are concerned.

•••
It is a niche TLD. But it seems to be doing better than .mobi.

•••
It is a niche TLD. But it seems to be doing better than .mobi.

I agree. .mobi is doing worse than .info I have only 1 .mobi because I felt that it was a useless extension being that .com sites are just as easy to view on smart phones. I never saw the big deal about .mobi I do however, have 2 or 3 .me but would get more if I thought they would be stronger in the near future. I like this extension a lot but I am confused as to why it has not caught on like wildfire. After all, it is .ME:gl:

•••
What is the real future of .me??? Will it go the way of .mobi or will it become stronger as time goes on. The reason I ask is because there just doesn't seem to be a strong interest in it as far as sales are concerned.

You can’t compare .me with .mobi. Dot mobi is a dead tld and there is no hope for its revival.

There are many enterprise-level .me web applications being introduced on a regular basis, you need to keep an eye on the market. We still need to see, however, the wider acceptance of .me by the SMEs community.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back