Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I'm the owner of Toni; I will reject $4,686 offer. it worth more than that

Why he doesn't put that through sedo is a puzzle to me.

•••
Some recent TDNAM Sales:

temz.com 116
opln.com 166
fsfr.com 201
lnoc.com 288
cgac.com 340
atps.com 375
efgo.com 375
aalc.com 449
cpfs.com 455
saqs.com 515
cotn.com 516
usro.com 610
dqdq.com 637
fezu.com 690
nipu.com 1817

•••
•••
•••
The real biggie is sale of
xout.com for $55,000
just reported by sedo.

yep. a biggie.

that must have been well negotiated.. I would probably accept a 2k offer instead of holding out for 55 ;)

•••
that must have been well negotiated.. I would probably accept a 2k offer instead of holding out for 55 ;)
Not me, I would have known about all the possible X Out endusers out there, like X-Out Golfballs, X Out Drain Cleaner, X Out Athletic Uniforms, X Out Pest Control.. and more

•••
Another biggie today:

JEXY.com
$40,000
sedo

•••
Another biggie today:

JEXY.com
$40,000
sedo

Wow, that gives hope to those of us who have CVCV.coms with not so premium letters :laugh:

•••
•••
Wow, that gives hope to those of us who have CVCV.coms with not so premium letters :laugh:

I have repeated it a zillion times: the fable about the fact that some letters are premium and some not, is just a convenient lie that propagated years ago and reached self fulfillment thanks to domainers to domainers sales.

•••
I have repeated it a zillion times: the fable about the fact that some letters are premium and some not, is just a convenient lie that propagated years ago and reached self fulfillment thanks to domainers to domainers sales.

What about the fact that, statistically, some letters are more used than others, and consequently you have more chance of selling domains constituted of these letters? Just because more acronyms can be constructed with these letters.

But I agree that premium/non premium letters do not impact the price for end users.

•••

What do you base that on? It's obvious that so called "premium" letters are used more often than "non premium" letters. Therefore a combination of premium letters have a higher amount of registered/established acronyms and uses. Hence more potential end-users and therefore higher value.

Easy math and definitely not a "lie". :)

•••

The elephant in the room so to speak for this kind of logic is that *ALL* domainers are irrational. This thing is been beaten to death, not sure why you keep fighting it.

•••
What do you base that on? It's obvious that so called "premium" letters are used more often than "non premium" letters. Therefore a combination of premium letters have a higher amount of registered/established acronyms and uses. Hence more potential end-users and therefore higher value.

Easy math and definitely not a "lie". :)

Exactly.

•••
The elephant in the room so to speak for this kind of logic is that *ALL* domainers are irrational. This thing is been beaten to death, not sure why you keep fighting it.

I stand by my belief.

As per statistics, you're right, I proved that statistically I am right.

Here for the new members, again the statistics:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=914452

•••
I stand by my belief.

Hi,

I think these stats are not relevant for acronyms. These percentages deal with letter FREQUENCY. But acronyms use only the first letter of each word.

Some time ago, I performed the following stats:

I took a list of English words (109 582 words, taken here SIL International), and compute how many words begin with each letter.

The result is interesting:

- S and C are the "most premium letters"
- X is the poorest letter
- U is more premium than O and N

Of course, this result depends on the language (here English). Moreover, the use frequency of each word is not taken into account.

The following charts shows the result:

1zyd7p4.jpg

Regards.

•••
Hi,

I think these stats are not relevant for acronyms. These percentages deal with letter FREQUENCY. But acronyms use only the first letter of each word.

I took a list of English words (109 582 words, taken here SIL International), and compute how many words begin with each letter.

Of course, this result depends on the language (here English). Moreover, the use frequency of each word is not taken into account.

1zyd7p4.jpg

Regards.

That's interesting, however as you mentioned, it considers only English.

Moreover, even just looking at that, it confirms that the letter U is more used than the letters O and N.

I had other resources specifically for LLLL acronyms but I lost them in my old computer. I will look more into this when I can.

•••
I stand by my belief.

Two questions:
why is mmcp.com is your "main" domain?
who do you think is more likely to give big bucks for your domain, Americans, Chinese, French or someone else?

Because, it's really cool to say that there are no premium letters, because in other languages different letters are the premium, BUT if there are MUCH less potential buyers from those countries, then your whole concept means nothing. _\|/_

•••
Two questions:
why is mmcp.com is your "main" domain?
who do you think is more likely to give big bucks for your domain, Americans, Chinese, French or someone else?

Because, it's really cool to say that there are no premium letters, because in other languages different letters are the premium, BUT if there are MUCH less potential buyers from those countries, then your whole concept means nothing. _\|/_

You can't base this on just 1 domain.

If I was using UXWZ, then were you going to tell me I had interest in promoting other letters?

The USA will soon collapse on those $14 trillion (and counting...) of debt, so they will be either paying you in installments or they'll have to add 3 zeros to your actual prices.

Meanwhile other economies are rising and so their wealth. I don't think we need to argue about this.

•••
True.

The USA will soon collapse on those $14 trillion (and counting...) of debt, so they will be either paying you in installments or they'll have to add 3 zeros to your actual prices.
Some truth in it too :laugh:

•••

Meanwhile other economies are rising and so their wealth. I don't think we need to argue about this.
True but thats a different story.

On a side note.. after seeing these stats I like my domain UWU.com a whole lot better :D

The thing is the amount of words used isnt too relevant as some words are way more common than others.
Thats why the acronym ONO has 80mil+ google results and UWU only 1.something.

To properly research letter popularity many large texts should be scanned, categorized and words counted.
That way word and starting letter popularity could be properly researched. Any volunteers? :p

Last edited:
•••
Here's few more sales:

mtpx.com Apr 29, 2011 $2,500.00 Sedo.com
noow.com Apr 29, 2011 $1,550.00 Sedo.com
vopy.com Apr 29, 2011 $1,050.00 Sedo.com
ajja.com Apr 28, 2011 $908.00 NameJet.com

•••
I stand by my belief.

what is the saying? There are lies and damn lies and then there are statistics.

The proper way to evaluate the letters is to take all the end user sales of LLLL.com and then do a letter analysis.

I have a decent sized portfolio and don't see much activity on U.

•••
cvcv.com is rocking, vopy.com > 1k

•••
interesting, if we can do it with traffic or frequency weights, then it will be better. It is strange that the U is high, not many U sales so far.

Hi,

1zyd7p4.jpg

Regards.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back