Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll take her I guess (I assume it expires right away)

•••
I'll take her I guess (I assume it expires right away)

pm sent to her new home :lol:

Name pushed, gimme my tr update :P

Last edited:
•••
Namepros LLLL.coms Sales Thread:

lyej.com $0

This being a sales and discussion thread, I will say lyej is pretty cool, being somewhat pronounceable and with "LYE" being a type of soap and all.

•••
Namepros LLLL.coms Sales Thread:

lyej.com $0

This being a sales and discussion thread, I will say lyej is pretty cool, being somewhat pronounceable and with "LYE" being a type of soap and all.

great buy!!

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
A cautionary tale...

A certain seller flooded eBay last week with many dozens of domains, most of them ending within a 24-hour period. They were all triple-premiums with one bad letter. The seller didn't mention expiration dates in his listings, so I checked with Whois - they all came up with 15th October 2010.

I bid on lots of them, and won 33 domains - total investment $203.80 - that's about $6.18 a domain, which is a great reseller price.

So far, so good - until the domains were transferred to my Moniker account. Then I realised they'd all expired on 15th October 2009. Whois had been returning invalid results.

That means I have to drop these domains, or renew them for about $8 a go - I guess I'll go for the renewal option, but that significantly reduces my potential profit as a reseller.

I checked the renewal dates with DomainInspect, a program I bought some months ago. That program showed the renewal dates correctly.

The above raises some questions -

1. Has anyone else dealt with this seller? The cynic within me suggests that the seller knew about this Whois discrepancy, so kept quiet about it. But that may be unfair.

2. Has anybody else seen this Whois error? I came across it once before, but it was for a single domain so I didn't worry about it too much.

3. If you're not using Whois, what are you using? DomainInspect seems to be much more accurate. In future I won't rely on Whois, but will use DomainInspect instead.

Finally, on a totally unrelated note -

HHUH.com sold on Ebay on Wednesday on a buy-it now for $9.99.

Uninformed seller / very lucky buyer - or some some kind of scam?? If the latter I can't see who benefits.

•••
A cautionary tale...

A certain seller flooded eBay last week with many dozens of domains, most of them ending within a 24-hour period. They were all triple-premiums with one bad letter. The seller didn't mention expiration dates in his listings, so I checked with Whois - they all came up with 15th October 2010.

I bid on lots of them, and won 33 domains - total investment $203.80 - that's about $6.18 a domain, which is a great reseller price.

So far, so good - until the domains were transferred to my Moniker account. Then I realised they'd all expired on 15th October 2009. Whois had been returning invalid results.

That means I have to drop these domains, or renew them for about $8 a go - I guess I'll go for the renewal option, but that significantly reduces my potential profit as a reseller.

I checked the renewal dates with DomainInspect, a program I bought some months ago. That program showed the renewal dates correctly.

1. Has anyone else dealt with this seller? The cynic within me suggests that the seller knew about this Whois discrepancy, so kept quiet about it. But that may be unfair.

2. Has anybody else seen this Whois error? I came across it once before, but it was for a single domain so I didn't worry about it too much.

3. If you're not using Whois, what are you using? DomainInspect seems to be much more accurate. In future I won't rely on Whois, but will use DomainInspect instead.

Maybe one odd incident? I check who.is and they've been fairly okie with the results, except for one odd incidents where they show some domain names available when they're actually not available.

Just be more careful with buying from unknown sellers IMHO..

Uninformed seller / very lucky buyer - or some some kind of scam?? If the latter I can't see who benefits.

interesting find, and great buy!

•••
Maybe one odd incident? I check who.is and they've been fairly okie with the results, except for one odd incidents where they show some domain names available when they're actually not available.

Just be more careful with buying from unknown sellers IMHO..
With all due respect, 33 domains isn't "one odd incident". IMHO that's a major problem when who.is get it wrong by a year while DomainInspect can get it right.

•••
With all due respect, 33 domains isn't "one odd incident".

With all due respect as well, you already know answer to your questions then!

And If you talking about the seller, then dont know and cant really comment cuz dont really know who the person is.. however if you talking about who is site then there could be actually something wrong with their system which has been displaying wrong info and you need to make an effort and notify them about the bug.

And when I said "could be one odd incident", I meant that in the sellers case!

•••
With all due respect as well, you already know answer to your questions then!

And If you talking about the seller, then dont know and cant really comment cuz dont really know who the person is.. however if you talking about who is site then there could be actually something wrong with their system which has been displaying wrong info and you need to make an effort and notify them about the bug.

And when I said "could be one odd incident", I meant that in the sellers case!
Yes, I think there is something wrong with the who.is system which is why I've given up on it. I've found an alternative which works fine for me. I just wanted to warn other members that who.is expiration dates can be out by a year, which is what happened in my case.

•••
•••
Unfortunately, it's probably not an error. The day after the expiry date, a year of domain registration is often added for a short time (up to about 60 days), even if the domain is not actually renewed by the registrant. This is to cover the auto renew grace period and/or redemption period). By pending delete stage (i.e. when the domain can no longer be redeemed by the current registrant), the extra year is removed and the domain will be deleted.

How to check? Firstly, examine the whois closely. There may be two expiration dates displayed. If so, the date at the bottom will often be correct (the top date will often show the 'extra year'). Also look for when the domain was last modified. If that date is exactly one day after the renewal date, it may well be a sign that the domain has expired and the 'extra year' automatically added.

The best advice: always ask the seller if in any doubt, or expiration dates have not been stated, whether any of the above applies or not.

•••
A cautionary tale...

Bummer Ian. Innerpixels eh? I don't respect sellers much who don't put the expiry of the domain inside the auction. Shoot me a PM and I can maybe help you get cheaper renewals for them at Moniker.

I use Dyna Whois myself (because i like how it shows all the other extensions, if that name is taken in them or not), and they almost always show expiry with an extra-phantom year tacked on. Unless you scroll to the bottom like Wordsworth said.

A little investigation shows that this seller never owned HHUH.com. It was HHUH.info that they were trying to sell - they made a mistake. Buyer musta been bummed.

•••
Yesterday there were a bunch of lower quality (few possible end users, f-g-h letters) all premium llll.com's. It shows very well how far the market has gone since summer:

mcbm $334
lhen $139
hgah $121
mfdh $142
gpnd $154
msrh $142
mogp $132

•••
Unfortunately, it's probably not an error. The day after the expiry date, a year of domain registration is often added for a short time (up to about 60 days), even if the domain is not actually renewed by the registrant. This is to cover the auto renew grace period and/or redemption period). By pending delete stage (i.e. when the domain can no longer be redeemed by the current registrant), the extra year is removed and the domain will be deleted.

How to check? Firstly, examine the whois closely. There may be two expiration dates displayed. If so, the date at the bottom will often be correct (the top date will often show the 'extra year'). Also look for when the domain was last modified. If that date is exactly one day after the renewal date, it may well be a sign that the domain has expired and the 'extra year' automatically added.

The best advice: always ask the seller if in any doubt, or expiration dates have not been stated, whether any of the above applies or not.
Thanks for the detailed explanation - I didn't know that. I checked one of the domains and the date at the bottom is the right one. At least I won't make the same mistake again.

An update - the seller has offered me a second chance offer on a further 21 domains - I don't think so. Presumably the buyer(s) refused to pay or demanded a refund.

•••
I've been so busy lately that I stopped domaining for a while. I'm facing renewals and I just wanted an update on the prices of LLLL.coms. I must admit, I was (and still am) shocked to see many being sold for $5 and under.

I am still going to hold on to some of the ones I like, I'm just not willing to throw them away just yet. Would that make sense to some in here? I'm considering renewing some of my pronounceable LLLL.coms for 5-10 years, that should avoid the "desperate sale situation" I might probably end up doing if I don't.

•••
I've been so busy lately that I stopped domaining for a while. I'm facing renewals and I just wanted an update on the prices of LLLL.coms. I must admit, I was (and still am) shocked to see many being sold for $5 and under.

I am still going to hold on to some of the ones I like, I'm just not willing to throw them away just yet. Would that make sense to some in here? I'm considering renewing some of my pronounceable LLLL.coms for 5-10 years, that should avoid the "desperate sale situation" I might probably end up doing if I don't.

totally depends on what you looking to hold and sell.. care to list or share your name for better opinion? :imho:

•••

To complete WORDSWORTH with some more technicality, you should understand how Whois system and the underlying Registries works.

In the top gTLDs (.com and .net) the "top level" information regarding the registrar, the start and expire date of the domain, the link to the whois "subsystem" of the registrar is allways available from the Registry itself.

What happens is that most programs, online or offline, behind the scenes get the top level info, retrieve the link for the "whois subsystem" of the registrar where the domain is registered with, and query the Whois of that registrar. It is the responsability of the registrar whois system to show the correct expiration date.

i have come across some rare ocasions where the expiration date given from the registrar was inacurate and there is even some registrars (in China) that don't give the expiration date (that is mandatory).

Bottom line is, you can't trust what the top level info says regarding the expiration date of the domain because it will allways say that the domain will expire the next year because of what WORDSWORTH explained. You have to check the registrar whois info using a program that works correctly.

regards,
tonecas

•••
tdnam

myts.com 600$+10$
jhgo.com 87$+10$

•••
•••
I buy premium letter domains, if you don't want to renew, make sure you can at least sell them to me.

•••
iizz $580 Namejet.

Wonder what the current reseller price is for all-premium AABB.com...

•••
iizz $580 Namejet.

If you find out let me know, i have a few, as you can see.

•••
iizz $580 Namejet.

damn it, I just let go IIZG.com because I forgot to renew :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back