IT.COM

video The future of an immersive Metaverse

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Is a Virtual Reality Metaverse based on blockchain and a decentralized economy our future? Will virtual marketplaces filled with NFTs act as an equitable replacement for our existing infrastructure, giving access to billions of people that would otherwise lack access to financial resources and ways to earn a living?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would prefer they work on fixing the real world issues rather than creating some BS "metaverse".

The entire concept sounds awful. Even in the book it came from Snow Crash, it is part of a dystopian future. FB is the least trustworthy company on Earth to be leading the way.

"Decentralization" is basically just another word for gamification of finance. It doesn't really give many new opportunities to people, it just gives opportunities to people already in a strong financial position. A person who doesn't have money to survive now doesn't have money for crypto, NFT, or any other financial "opportunities".

All I see here are a bunch of trendy buzz words used to market a terrible concept.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
No matter how you look at it, a virtual reality existence falls under 2 things, as far as I'm concerned: Convenience & Fun

In answer to your question, probably. Falling under one of those words: Convenience

Last edited:
•••
Nope. Smoke and mirrors, all geared towards future product releases that give us more than what we already have: distractions and addictions. For reals.

Lets keep building on a faulty foundation because you know, it's working well.

•••
I would prefer they work on fixing the real world issues rather than creating some BS "metaverse".

The entire concept sounds awful. Even in the book it came from Snow Crash, it is part of a dystopian future. FB is the least trustworthy company on Earth to be leading the way.

"Decentralization" is basically just another word for gamification of finance. It doesn't really give many new opportunities to people, it just gives opportunities to people already in a strong financial position. A person who doesn't have money to survive now doesn't have money for crypto, NFT, or any other financial "opportunities".

All I see here are a bunch of trendy buzz words used to market a terrible concept.

Brad
Did you see this? Zuck's ideas were already common place when he was in high school. He is just using a new medium to do the same old shit.

Post in thread 'Metaverse ~~Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~~' https://www.namepros.com/threads/me...es-and-discussion-thread.1231900/post-8456537

•••
Humans come to the digital realm because of its abundance. Because of marginal cost of production is 0.
Experiencing artificial scarcity is the last thing anyone looks forward to, except the ones holding those assets at that moment.
I will want to come in vr to skydive, bungee jump, rock climb as many times as I want to within it, not to trade jpegs.

•••
Humans come to the digital realm because of its abundance. Because of marginal cost of production is 0.
Experiencing artificial scarcity is the last thing anyone looks forward to, except the ones holding those assets at that moment.
I will want to come in vr to skydive, bungee jump, rock climb as many times as I want to within it, not to trade jpegs.
Guys it's so freaking cool. We'll all be able to climb El Capitan in the #Metaverse# without any ropes just like Alex Honnold. And not die. Bonus.

Last edited:
•••
Will the Metaverse ever become Brainstorm?
I have been waiting 38 years for Brainstorm technology.
No glasses, no screen, just tap right into the cerebral cortex.

Btw, these are all taken
MetaBrain.com 1999
MetaStorm.com 1996
MetaBrainstorm.com 2021 (not mine)

Last edited:
•••
2027 - Oculus will be selling an electro tongue tab that provides electric taste simulation which will be tied to "NFT's" (although they will be going by a different name by then) that will sell various popular food and beverage flavors such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

There will be popular tongue tab bars and restaurants among other things.

•••
This will be good for people with serious impairments. Quadraplegics can experience walking and movement sensation. Advances are being made, though. Exo-skeletons controlled by mind, are being developed.
On the negative side, many people will likely become addicted to the experience. They will use it so much, and their bodies will atrophy. You can already see this with a lot of people that spend most of their days on the phone. Addicted to doing almost no physical activity. You can see this already. Phone zombies, with little to no physical activity. The most exercise they do is sit on a phone, swipe screen and type. Looks like this will be interesting times. Can't predict the future. If I could, I would have bought Microsoft , Apple and others when they were under $20 a share.

•••

Brad
I'm mining crypto and scrounging up cash for my second NFT. I'll probably release a couple as well. I'm not filthy rich but I see huge growth potential and want at least some measure of exposure. Do I think all crypto survives long term no, but by having at least a small amount of exposure I get exposed to that potential upside.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back