Dynadot

auctions The Final Minutes of a Auction Win for $22k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recorded this video for our documentary and I doubt it will make the cut. So I tweeted it and thought it might be a fun/interesting video to watch.

We have our max bid in for $22,000.

Three different bidders have bid over $16,000 and in the last moments a new bid comes in taking it right up to our max.

Inside info... the maximum amount that I approved with my wife was $9,800. :-o

https://twitter.com/drewwash/status/1035659311530143744

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy bidders are a different breed, the bidders basically maxed out the top bid. Lots of factors in play, a lack of user id, I myself have had two four figure high bidders not pay for their auctions in the last month alone. These are people playing on the platform without the means to make payments, but bidding like ballers.

The bidders basically made this party pay their max bid based on their proxy bid.

I welcome the study, but by bidding on the platform for over a decade, I tend to trust what I have seen, and learned first hand with direct knowledge to this specific industry, not a generalization.

Doesn't the domain go to the next highest bidder on GD, if the top bidder fails to pay?

•••
How does another bidder see/know when their bid is right below yours? In order to make the decision to stop bidding? Is there some tell-tail sign for that?

No there is not and @Joe Styler and @Paul Nicks will back that up. So when someone gets their proxy bid hit, it's just an assumption that they were playing games that some want to believe or pontificate as fact. But the truth is nobody knows anything, because we all don't even have a bidder id, so there are no facts merely speculation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back