Dynadot

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
A Crazy horse in paris? Really. Like 2 of them in Vegas for years. So you didnt see the Moulin Rouge? The art museums there are amazing compared to states. I always wanted to see the Louve, been to all 3 major ones in Madrid, the Prado was the best of course. Vienna’s were actually better than anywhere though, unbelievable collections and gold leaf ceilings everywhere in a museum, also of Schoenbrun palace is huge. If you like museums I think Vienna is #1 in the world I have seen. Spent 2 weeks in the city alone.

Yep, Crazy Horse in Paris - https://www.lecrazyhorseparis.com/en/homepage/ Video below of Motley Crue mentioning Crazy Horse, Paris France.

Wanted to see the Moulin Rouge, either we didn't have enough time or couldn't get tickets. 2 days just not enough time for a city like that, there is just so much to see. Forgot, also saw the outside of Notre Dame Cathedral. And caught Patricia Kaas.

Je_te_dis_vous.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I was hoping this article would save JBL some money on his Amazon Prime. But after reading the article I don't think "shop somewhere else" is very helpful LOL

How to get around Amazon Prime’s new $119 fee
http://www.cetusnews.com/news/How-to-get-around-Amazon-Prime’s-new-$119-fee.Hy1ndkZ6M.html

Still a good deal, $10 a month. I do most of my online shopping there, I like free, fast shipping. Use Amazon Prime movies quite a lot. I have Spotify but if I didn't, Amazon Prime Music is pretty good. And lots of other things.

•••
I used to buy most stuff on ebay. But have evolved to where if I am buying something where 'new' is important or if delivery time/certainty is crucial its Amazon.

Ebay now for old stuff at the lowest possible price, internet yard sale, cheap stuff from China that I don't mind waiting a month and a half for.

•••
I used to buy most stuff on ebay. But have evolved to where if I am buying something where 'new' is important or if delivery time/certainty is crucial its Amazon.

Ebay now for old stuff at the lowest possible price, internet yard sale, cheap stuff from China that I don't mind waiting a month and a half for.

Yup. I do a lot of shopping on both sites. Ebays great for anything hard to find / discontinued. I’m wary of anything from China though - the one time I ordered something it got lost en route.

That article you posted is so funny - half their suggestions would cost you more. Going back to schoool? Paying monthly (which makes it $156/year) ? Save $11 by passing up free shipping? Someone’s editor gave them a sucky topic.

I have no problem with $10/month. It still more than pays for itself.

Last edited:
•••
I’m wary of anything from China though - the one time I ordered something it got lost en route.
Cut out the middleman...go to Aliexpress/Alibaba/etc <sad to say!

•••
I wasn’t sure who came up with it. Really rarely had feijoada in LA, a couple Churrascarias had it, nobody seemed to have the yucca molida. Spices not same either. The meats though, ugh odio los carnes cocinada con gas. Smog regulations in LA prevent open flames so no CarbΓ³n. Funny because everybody has a BBQ int their backyard. Feijoada I remember well but only in Brazil, I was there 6 weeks. Lisboa I looked for it, I don’t know why, but never saw it in Restaurants. Next trip I guess. Lucky guy to have home made recetas...

That soup, was that cangrejo y calamar? Looked like it. We have sopa de mariscos here, but its getting expensive. I assume on the island you must have locals bringing in fish daily. And schools of Tuna season dependent, local fisherman leave the island? Or flown in?

I love all types of fish either cooked or all sushi except uni and eat all seafood. The Bacalau we had must have been a bad centro lisboa tourist place, I didn’t realize that many varieties. Like I’ve said the Iberian peninsula is my favorite place, that photo makes me want to book a trip, ha.

Had Michoacan style Carnitas though out tonight, great if prepped right and found one reliable place. Been eating them 40 years and believe it or not, back in LA of the hundreds of times I had few restaurants that seared them correctly to seal in the flavor. Never understood it with all the Mexican Restaurants we had when I lived there. This same place also has Cochinta pibil (stewed pork) which is rare to find many Yucatan style dishes like that in LA either.

We have lots of fresh tropical fruits, guyaba, fresh sandilla drinks, guyabana, matacuya, cas, mora, mangos nearly all year, fresh farm direct tomatos, pineapple is the best in the world and I never had great ones until moving near where they grow. For years in LA had bought Costco Pineapples that really suck, they pick them way too early for transport, like tomatos. Also lots of Yucca frita all the time, more often than french fries. Arepas and empanadas often too, both Colombian and Venezuelan styles. Caribbean chicken too with coconut milk soup and panamanian chiles.
By the way you talk and think about quality food, you could easily become an "honorable" Portuguese citizen.

Also, we would call you a "Bom Garfo" (a good fork) which is what we describe someone who loves and is knowledgeable of good food...

Last edited:
•••
Seafood is always fresh and excelent, with a massive variety to choose from.
Oh my gosh Gilsan. Those fish meal photos sure stir memories..I mean there is absolutely nothing like a fresh catch from the ocean. Absolutely delicious too. I've eaten the entire fish, head and all, roasted right on the beaches. My dad used to take us lobster fishing off the coasts of the Caribbean on a rickety wooden boat, mammoth waves tossing us around like a leaf. Such adventures. He was insane with us- but these memories live forever.

Quite a week here. Monday such tragedy in Toronto. The whole day brought back the same feeling as when 9/11 was being broadcast over the radio to my workmates and I. Sadness, shock and anger. To any of my fellow NPs in the T.O area I wrap an arm around your shoulder, weep with you. A hand under your elbow, support you.

@briguy I've always enjoyed our own spellings with the "u" added in words like colour or favourite, adds a nice flavour IMO.

Iowadawg, being caught in the healthcare system can seem an endless loop at the mercy of tests and appointments. I sincerely wish you to be well and free of it. BTW, I took a look at your blog. Not that you would give a f*ck, bu nice f*cking job.

•••
Quite a week here. Monday such tragedy in Toronto. The whole day brought back the same feeling as when 9/11 was being broadcast over the radio to my workmates and I. Sadness, shock and anger. To any of my fellow NPs in the T.O area I wrap an arm around your shoulder, weep with you. A hand under your elbow, support you.

@briguy I've always enjoyed our own spellings with the "u" added in words like colour or favourite, adds a nice flavour IMO.

Iowadawg, being caught in the healthcare system can seem an endless loop at the mercy of tests and appointments. I sincerely wish you to be well and free of it. BTW, I took a look at your blog. Not that you would give a f*ck, bu nice f*cking job.
Yes, sad sad tragedies...Toronto and just before that Humboldt!

Translation "flavour" = "flavor"!

•••

We don't have Amazon here in Portugal, so if I want stuff from them I will have to order from UK, Spain, Germany etc. and therefore pay shipping costs, besides the fact that many sellers don't ship to us.

For cheap Chinese stuff I use Ebay, but mostly Aliexpress, which is just as cheap, but mostly cheaper than Ebay. They are very reliable and if a product does'nt arrive or is deficient, you will get an immediate refund.

To give you an idea, out of 100 orders, I had about 3 with defects or damaged and 1 didn't arrive. After proving the damaged goods with photos, I got an immediate refund.

•••
I check amazon prices first, then go to wal mart and check their prices....
Most times, wal mart is cheaper and free shipping or free to their store.
When wal mart is not cheaper than amazon?
ASK and usually wal mart will meat amazon prices!

Went to warrior forums the other day....
Nothing new, same shit as 5 years ago.

•••
Oh my gosh Gilsan. Those fish meal photos sure stir memories..I mean there is absolutely nothing like a fresh catch from the ocean. Absolutely delicious too. I've eaten the entire fish, head and all, roasted right on the beaches. My dad used to take us lobster fishing off the coasts of the Caribbean on a rickety wooden boat, mammoth waves tossing us around like a leaf. Such adventures. He was insane with us- but these memories live forever.
Nothing beats eating fresh fish. We are spoilt here in being able to allways have fresh fish on the local markets and supermarkets. People are also well schooled into knowing if a fish being sold is fresh or not.

The main way to know if a fish is fresh is the eyes. If the eyes are transparent, it's fresh and safe to buy, if the eyes are a little milky, it means it's not too fresh even though it can still be eaten. So sellers already know that it's pointless trying to try to sell and rip off wary customers.

Another way to detect the freshness of the fish is to look at it's gills. Healthy gills are of a nice, bright red color. As the fish deteriorates, the gills change to a greyish brown colour (using the "u" to make you happy)

I have a old friend from my school days that lives in Mississauga, which is next to Toronto if I'm not wrong. He said he was very close to where the tragedy happened on that day and was feeling a bit shaken.

Very sad to see that a country that is famous for being nice to everyone is the target of terrorism... again.

•••
•••
•••
Very sad to see that a country that is famous for being nice to everyone is the target of terrorism... again.

At least, we are "fighting" back
"Internet servers linked to the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) have been seized in Canada as part of a multinational takedown of the terrorist group’s propaganda network, Europol said Friday.

Canada joined with the European Union and United States in the coordinated police action that targeted the ISIS mouthpiece Amaq, Europol said in a statement."
https://globalnews.ca/news/4171947/canada-isis-propaganda/

I have a old friend from my school days that lives in Mississauga, which is next to Toronto if I'm not wrong. He said he was very close to where the tragedy happened on that day and was feeling a bit shaken.

Yes depending on your route about a hours drive (about a 8 hour drive for me)... for me anything north of Parry Sound is Toronto lol

•••
I check amazon prices first, then go to wal mart and check their prices....
Most times, wal mart is cheaper and free shipping or free to their store.
When wal mart is not cheaper than amazon?
ASK and usually wal mart will meat amazon prices!

Went to warrior forums the other day....
Nothing new, same sh*t as 5 years ago.

Strange as this sounds, we don’t have any Walmart’s close to me. A couple of Targets but no Walmarts. Closest is in NY where you pay more tax.

Warrior forums - you were expecting ...???

•••
Target is Walmart but a bit more classy and a bit pricier and a smaller selection.

•••
•••
Feijoada I remember well but only in Brazil, I was there 6 weeks. Lisboa I looked for it, I don’t know why, but never saw it in Restaurants. Next trip I guess. Lucky guy to have home made recetas...
Feijoada is a lot more popular in Brazil than in Portugal. They use mostly black beans while we will have a combination of diferent beans.

That soup, was that cangrejo y calamar? Looked like it. We have sopa de mariscos here, but its getting expensive. I assume on the island you must have locals bringing in fish daily. And schools of Tuna season dependent, local fisherman leave the island? Or flown in?

That soup is "Sopa de Peixe e CamarΓ΅es" (Fish and Prawns)
Fresh fish in the markets every day, except Sunday. Most of the fish is caught locally, except for tuna fish which is caught anywhere from the waters of Madeira to the Portuguese Azores Islands. This link below gives you a small idea of the variety of Portuguese soups.
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/210191507583474106/

One of my favorite fish soups is the "Caldeirada" (there are dozens of varieties) a mixture of diferent types of fish and sea food. love it...
d3458f_e4605c2d0e5e467287f72975b926af9f~mv2.jpg

Tuna fish start migrating from the South to the Mediterranean between May and October and we can already see it being sold in the Markets, either whole (about €3.50 to €5 a kilo) or in chunks of 2-3 kilos at about €6 to €8 a kilo
This picture below is of our Funchal Fish Market, where a large tuna is being cut up...
depositphotos_79302448-stock-photo-fish-market-in-funchal-madeira.jpg

I love all types of fish either cooked or all sushi except uni and eat all seafood. The Bacalau we had must have been a bad centro lisboa tourist place, I didn’t realize that many varieties. Like I’ve said the Iberian peninsula is my favorite place, that photo makes me want to book a trip, ha.

As with any tourist that visits a big city, you will not know of those restaurants that serve great food at affordable prices. I remember going to Paris and being highly disapointed with what I ate. Obviously I ended up in touristy crappy food restaurants.

We have lots of fresh tropical fruits, guyaba, fresh sandilla drinks, guyabana, matacuya, cas, mora, mangos nearly all year, fresh farm direct tomatos, pineapple is the best in the world and I never had great ones until moving near where they grow. For years in LA had bought Costco Pineapples that really suck, they pick them way too early for transport, like tomatos. Also lots of Yucca frita all the time, more often than french fries. Arepas and empanadas often too, both Colombian and Venezuelan styles. Caribbean chicken too with coconut milk soup and panamanian chiles.
Madeira being a sub-tropical island has an enormous variety of diferent fruits, the most common being bananas, passion fruit, avocados, custard apples, papaias, plums, prickly pears (cactus fruit) strawberries and pitangas (don't know the name in English) just to name a few

Pitangas below.
resized_pitangas_1.jpg

I have several Pitanga trees in my garden that I love picking straight off the tree and eating. I save some for my wife to make some Pitanga jam which is absulutely delicious.

The birds around here also love my pitangas, so it's a little war between me and them to see who gets the ripe ones first...

Last edited:
•••
Target has super stores that are in many ways better than wally world.
But yeah, the prices for the most part are just above wally world.
I do see that target is like wally world at some stores, by having merchandise sent to stores for free.
And depending on spend amount, free shipping now to your door.
Here, my wife and I like wally world way better than target as target must hire people who know nothing about what is in the store....and so far, they are resisting matching prices with amazon or wally world.

Warrior forums...just went there more by accident....and checked it out real quick.

•••
The main way to know if a fish is fresh is the eyes. If the eyes are transparent, it's fresh and safe to buy, if the eyes are a little milky, it means it's not too fresh even though it can still be eaten. So sellers already know that it's pointless trying to try to sell and rip off wary customers.

Another way to detect the freshness of the fish is to look at it's gills. Healthy gills are of a nice, bright red color. As the fish deteriorates, the gills change to a greyish brown colour (using the "u" to make you happy)

That's very interesting- the fresh fish "tell" signs, excellent to know.

At least, we are "fighting" back
"Internet servers linked to the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) have been seized in Canada as part of a multinational takedown of the terrorist group’s propaganda network, Europol said Friday.
As per terrorism, looks like they are using this one under the "mental health" scapegoat again. Fed up with this labeling crap. Fact is, there IS evil out there, people are WILLING to cross the line and are cognizant of it. The piece of $hit that did this attack had something against women and the fact that he couldn't laid. Well, guess what, they'll dress him up real pretty now in the can, his ass will be getting all kinds of lovin'.

•••
Me, I would be worried it crashed....
Me, that would be a neat bomb carrier to drop on the noisy neighbors.
Me. cameras as everyone, even the bad guys, would have their faces pointed at the plane.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back