IT.COM

discuss The Dry Spell and How to Deal With It!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
In our line of business, it is very much possible that there is a dry spell with no sales at times.

Ever faced that?

Even when actively outbounding geo-domain names with a good experience, there are times when I fail to get any sale.
What to do during those times? It's depressing, feels like giving up, isn't it?

This is what I do when such a time comes.

I level up my game. I try harder when such a time comes. When things start to fall out of place, I start doing better. I try more. I research harder, generate more leads, try writing better outbound mails, making better contacts and I go forward with greater vigor.
There have been times when things were not working out and the month after that has been one of the best months in my domaining career.

That's the power of not giving up.

Here is an excellent video for you, should it help :

Let me know how you tackle adversity and hard times.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's always so much to do. I find that domain investors have so many different ways of selling domains that slow times are a good time to explore new ways of selling domains.

I usually will just work harder! :)

•••
The whole first part of the year for me was a dry spell...things have changed significantly. Just have to hold on during the dry season(s) and ask for some guidance from the big domainer in the sky...or wherever he/she resides! :xf.smile:

•••
always a dry season for me man..it seems there is so much supply of domains..and so less demand.. :'(

•••
1. Developer and build revenue generating sites.
2. Drop prices.

•••
Went 2 years without Selling any domains. In my view is never sustainable to only have one Source of Income , I am involved in multiple projects domains in fact are roughly 3% of my investments was never a fan in placing all my eggs in one basket there are so many opportunities out there and a Big World to play in don't just limit yourself in the world of domains. Anyway my opinion only my point is if you have investments in different pies kinda hard to go hungry .

•••
Thanks for the post and your perspective. Persevere and innovate!

Though...

I can't listen to Gary Vaynerchuck talk about anything from his terrible life of being handed a $3 million dollar business by his parents and then doing YouTube videos which made his existing business better. :xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry: poor Gary.

•••
Im always having slow times, lol. I guess i need to also start buying domains which can be flipped by outbound and start doing outbound mailing

•••
Kinda agree.

White people love these wantrepreneur gurus. :)

Though...

I can't listen to Gary Vaynerchuck talk about anything from his terrible life of being handed a $3 million dollar business by his parents and then doing YouTube videos which made his existing business better. :xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry: poor Gary.

•••
Im always having slow times, lol. I guess i need to also start buying domains which can be flipped by outbound and start doing outbound mailing

Outbound is great, especially with geo-domains. Give it a try!

Though...

Thanks.

I am inspired by the energy he carries! It's altogether next level!

•••
Back