Dynadot

auctions "The Dirty World of Domain Trading"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
According to ITwire, "All is not well in the world of domain trading, with complaints arising of insider trading, deception and conscious reselling of prohibited domains."

Our community should be adamant in denouncing dirty behavior by dodgy companies like Netfleet who evidently conduct blind auctions (in which auction participants can see only their own bids and no one else's).

In addition, this company evidently sells "forbidden" domains, claws them back without refunding the buyer, and resells them to the next dupe.

In an industry that already has the taint of shill bidding, this kind of dealing should trouble all of us.

Read the article at ITwire...

We are not all like this!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Insider trading, internal shenanigans, TM domains, Australian auction house........something tells me this thread could get off track.

•••
I don't think it's just Australia.

Plenty of nefarious activities world wide...

•••
They took down the story on iTwire.com.
404 - Item not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
  2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
  3. a mistyped address
  4. you have no access to this page
  5. The requested resource was not found.
  6. An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

•••
This is not heaven, It Happens, Believe on your mind only

•••
There is massive fallout today regarding netfleet on another different matter.

•••
I only trade if I need it for something and there Rep is outstanding.

•••
You can still see it if you go via Google cache.

They took down the story on iTwire.com.
404 - Item not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
  2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
  3. a mistyped address
  4. you have no access to this page
  5. The requested resource was not found.
  6. An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

•••
•••
This is not heaven, It Happens, Believe on your mind only
Ha a ha! Is that a good thing, or what is your position?
So if it is not heaven we should encorage such bad act? from a company that supposed to be a reliable entity. Then in that case; registrations are not reliable from such a company.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I made a pdf file of the cached page.

I had to stop loading the page because if you allow it to load fully, you get a black screen over the story.

But I did get the entire story.

I'm not going to share it on the web because of copyright issues, but if you decide to go to the cached page:

If you want to read the story without the screen over it, stop the page from loading completely.

•••
It seem many could not read the story before posting their views.
acording to my understanding. The story, in short is that Itwire suspended and take down the name and the netfleet which is the domain registrar short changed the sales of the name to another person on their auction.and they refused to refund the reg fee back to the first owner of the name, despite all complaint.

MY views:
It seem there is conival between itwire and netfleet to short change the first owner of the domain. If not, why should the name be suspended and be sold again by the netfleet and there was no any complain from itwire. IMO.

I stand to be corrected if i missed the story.

Cheers.

•••
According to ITwire, "All is not well in the world of domain trading, with complaints arising of insider trading, deception and conscious reselling of prohibited domains."

Our community should be adamant in denouncing dirty behavior by dodgy companies like Netfleet who evidently conduct blind auctions (in which auction participants can see only their own bids and no one else's).

In addition, this company evidently sells "forbidden" domains, claws them back without refunding the buyer, and resells them to the next dupe.

In an industry that already has the taint of shill bidding, this kind of dealing should trouble all of us.

Read the article at ITwire...

We are not all like this!

How is that axe coming? I mean the one you're grinding. It's pretty obvious that you have some bones to pick with Netfleet. But you're only giving it about 50%. I mean you're holding back your anger about this company.

Please tell us how you really feel about Netfleet!

•••
It seem many could not read the story before posting their views.
acording to my understanding. The story, in short is that Itwire suspended and take down the name and the netfleet which is the domain registrar short changed the sales of the name to another person on their auction.and they refused to refund the reg fee back to the first owner of the name, despite all complaint.

MY views:
It seem there is conival between itwire and netfleet to short change the first owner of the domain. If not, why should the name be suspended and be sold again by the netfleet and there was no any complain from itwire. IMO.

I stand to be corrected if i missed the story.

Cheers.
I think you missed the story!

Itwire reported a story and took it down pending hearing from the other side.
The link to the story from the first report is back up there somewhere but it's completely different to your summary.

•••

The link to the story from the first report is back up there somewhere but it's completely different to your summary.

Is that so? When the domain was taken down by the Itwire, after then was the domain not exhibited at netfleet auction for bidding? Then why is it so? Truelly, all are not realy well with domain industry.

•••
How is that axe coming? I mean the one you're grinding. It's pretty obvious that you have some bones to pick with Netfleet. But you're only giving it about 50%. I mean you're holding back your anger about this company.

Please tell us how you really feel about Netfleet!

As they say, I have no pony in this show.

I'm just reporting a news story I read and commenting on the general state of the domain industry, which can be dodgy at times.

Certainly, Netfeet has the right to respond here and tell its site of the story.

:)

•••

Just to be clear: when I opened this thread, the original story was still posted.

Certainly Netfleet should tell its side of the story.

•••
If it's such a huge deal, maybe people should be learning contract law and understanding copyright and trademarks and properly filing documents into the commercial registry. Just an idea, then you can capitalize on all your losses without ever needing to reclaim that domain name. Long story, but it's possible and an idea!

•••
Anyway, let's wait and hear what netfleet will say; you know, they have also been met by itwire to state their side of the story.

Just to be clear: when I opened this thread, the original story was still posted.

Certainly Netfleet should tell its side of the story.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back