IT.COM

The China domain name market is fluctuating and dangerous.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainMai

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,I'm a domain name investor from China,as you know,the domain name price has been rising like a rocket.Like premium 4L.com,In March,the price is about 100-150 dollars,now 2000 dollars is the lowest price.
In March,5L.com 6N.com 4L.net can be registered,but now the price can be more that ten times.
In the past months,The Chinese domain name investors are crazy,and many new invstors come inside.
But now and later,when the renew time is coming,the market will fll into the abyss.
So guys,pay attention to the danger.
Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com ,because these are companies' first choice,but not the 5L/6L/7L/8L or other gltd ordinary internet users can't remeber.
I'm new here,I'd like to contact and cooperate with you guys:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well I guess its still loads of fun flipping domains between domainers.. while chinese sleep of course
;)

•••
well I guess its still loads of fun flipping domains between domainers.. while chinese sleep of course
;)
yeah until some nut has tons of 4L.com's which he bought on here for $xxx that no one wants anymore. it'll happen soon enough.

•••
yeah until some nut has tons of 4L.com's which he bought on here for $xxx that no one wants anymore. it'll happen soon enough.

this is what I call optimism.. you don t have any have you? :lookaround:

•••
this is what I call optimism.. you don t have any have you? :lookaround:
None. Personal opinion is that the 4L domains right now are being traded off in a domainer bubble rather than end user. I go onto the domain requests most mornings and see lots of new buyers with no Namepros contributions asking to buy LLLL and chips. I think it's shadowing tons of good one word domains right now in many extensions thanks in part to the hype.

•••
I respect your opinion, but I think that the reality is different.

•••

4L is still pretty rare
can become valauable and stable.
a lot of people on earth
more and more on the net

5L is another story.

•••
4L is still pretty rare
can become valauable and stable.
a lot of people on earth
more and more on the net

5L is another story.
They're only rare because they've been bought out though and there's no more com's at least to be reg'd. The same is happening with 6n and 7n now and LLNN combinations. They're flying like hot cakes does that mean they're rare though when their bought out? Only if people hike the price up for good combinations so everybody else follows suit. Exactly what's happening now. It's opinion though. I could be wrong!

•••
Hi @DomainMai so do you use 4.cn to buy/sell or do you prefer other marketplaces?

•••
Hi @DomainMai so do you use 4.cn to buy/sell or do you prefer other marketplaces?
Hi there,I sell in several sites and other channels,4.cn is a good place.
And I think,if you want to do big deals with China,it's better to have a Chinese broker,so that the prices can be higher,and you can know what's the real value of your domains in China market.
Thank you!

•••
These are collectibles, like baseball cards, not gold or silver bars.

•••
"Collectibles" in a market characterised by a sudden and irrational hike in price. That's a bubble. If you bought them early on then fair play you'll most likely make a great return but my point is domainers trading to other domainers and so on will not create a sustainable market.

•••
Hi guys,I'm a domain name investor from China,as you know,the domain name price has been rising like a rocket.Like premium 4L.com,In March,the price is about 100-150 dollars,now 2000 dollars is the lowest price.
In March,5L.com 6N.com 4L.net can be registered,but now the price can be more that ten times.
In the past months,The Chinese domain name investors are crazy,and many new invstors come inside.
But now and later,when the renew time is coming,the market will fll into the abyss.
So guys,pay attention to the danger.
Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com ,because these are companies' first choice,but not the 5L/6L/7L/8L or other gltd ordinary internet users can't remeber.
I'm new here,I'd like to contact and cooperate with you guys:)

hello DomainMai

welcome :)

what do you think about 7N.com and 5L.net for 2016?

•••
hello DomainMai

welcome :)

what do you think about 7N.com and 5L.net for 2016?

The price of 6n.com with 0 or 4 is just about 15usd,I think 7n.com is hard to take off in 2016,which takes much more money than 5n,6n.5n.com has dropped much in China,5n.net follows 5n.com,5n.com's price is always about 20 times of 5n.net in China.

•••
There are not sleeping. They are investors not Domain Flippers. They make strategies before investment. Don't underestimate them.

They're only rare because they've been bought out though and there's no more com's at least to be reg'd. The same is happening with 6n and 7n now and LLNN combinations. T
Very rare chances 6n or 7n can get the right end user price. The concept of chinese is SHORT. Chinese investors investing in rare short domains. not in lengthy domain names. The hike in 6n or 7n you are seeing at this time.is only because of new domainers. they are investing without any strategies or knowledge.
LLNN and NNLL could have some value in chinese market because those are rare and Short.

"Collectibles" in a market characterised by a sudden and irrational hike in price. That's a bubble. If you bought them early on then fair play you'll most likely make a great return but my point is domainers trading to other domainers and so on will not create a sustainable market.
At least reasonable reply. Agree with you.

Depends on what kind of 4L you have.if you are just focusing on Chips than you are cornered. I sold many western 4L to end users at the right price and sold only 2 to chinese resellers. the other domains still circulating in the domainer hands.

•••
Very rare chances 6n or 7n can get the right end user price. The concept of chinese is SHORT. Chinese investors investing in rare short domains. not in lengthy domain names. The hike in 6n or 7n you are seeing at this time.is only because of new domainers. they are investing without any strategies or knowledge.
LLNN and NNLL could have some value in chinese market because those are rare and Short.

Then it makes for / is destined to be a very small group of people to ever invest in liquid domains in China and the world. Numerics through 5N in both .com and .net combined consist of less than 250,000 names. If the average investor portfolio size is 100 names, there's only room for 2,500 investors worldwide.... Though I think the average port size is larger. LLL and LLLL obviously boost the supply but perhaps not significantly enough.

But IMHO this will drive the prices of shorter names high enough that a market for 6N and 7N+ premium combinations will exist with pricing based fractionally on the shorter names.

•••
There are not sleeping. They are investors not Domain Flippers. They make strategies before investment. Don't underestimate them.

You make the Chinese sound like the superior domain king. I don't think so.

China's stock market Is looking dreadful. This leaves desperate companies and citizens with any wealth looking for other unique investments which might hold their money well for the future. Since China has tight restrictions on money leaving the country domains have become one area of investment which has sky-rocketed as a result. I don't think that's a clever strategy at all. If anything silly. The LLLL market is looking like a bit of a false economy to be frank. Never mind underestimating them, don't follow them is my advice.

•••
You make the Chinese sound like the superior domain king. I don't think so.

China's stock market Is looking dreadful. This leaves desperate companies and citizens with any wealth looking for other unique investments which might hold their money well for the future. Since China has tight restrictions on money leaving the country domains have become one area of investment which has sky-rocketed as a result. I don't think that's a clever strategy at all. If anything silly. The LLLL market is looking like a bit of a false economy to be frank. Never mind underestimating them, don't follow them is my advice.
I'm working with them. i know their nature. However that was my opinion.like it or not. i don't mind. Thanks

•••
We all know, that at the present time, the supply outweighs the demand when it comes to endusers. However, they are valuable to domainers. If they aren't developed, the only value is to another domainer. I see your point and am not discrediting, but the chance to flip to a fellow domainer who will never do a thing with the domain, and will continue the trade cycle, far outweighs sales to endusers. That is a fact, and my only point of the post. I like your viewpoint however, and would like you to elaborate on "early enough"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back