IT.COM

The best place to park Chinese IDNs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So, what's the best place to park Chinese IDNs for Ad revenues ?

IMO, the Great FireWall would prevent/block Chinese surfers from visiting most sites outside of China.

Given that, foreign-based websites and businesses would be disincentived to advertise in Chinese IDNs unless they already sell products/services in China.

Therefore, any Chinese IDN parking service that has its servers outside of China is just wasting its efforts.

The only parking services that can properly handle Chinese IDNs must have Chinese advertisers, do the ads in Chinese language, and most importantly, have their servers located in China.

So, are there such parking service companies for Chinese IDNs?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems you already know about dopa.com (aka silverclicks). They are based in China and most importantly their servers are not blocked by the Great Firewall. They show native Chinese ads for visitors with an IP address inside China. Their pages are fairly bland portal pages but you take what you can get at this point. Once traffic picks up with IE7 there should be more competition for your business and better options.

•••
Thanks for the reply.

Not only that, I hope SilverClicks/Dopa get some competition. I've sent them emails at least twice a few weeks ago and never got a reply.

•••
NP41215 said:
Thanks for the reply. Not only that, I hope SilverClicks/Dopa get some competition. I've sent them emails at least twice a few weeks ago and never got a reply.

I did not get any response from them either. They need some competition. My Chinese get traffic at Namedrive, but overall not much is going to happen until IE7 comes out as a recommended update, and people in foreign countries begin to realize they can access the internet in their own language.

•••
They never reply emails. And their system is broken. I recommended them to many Chinese traffic holders but the optimization page for me is still broken with database error on it for 2 months now.

•••
duskdawn said:
They never reply emails. And their system is broken. I recommended them to many Chinese traffic holders but the optimization page for me is still broken with database error on it for 2 months now.
Well the main thing is the $... Have they been sending checks out? Are they really legit?

•••
JeffM2 said:
Well the main thing is the $... Have they been sending checks out? Are they really legit?

Touchring has confirmed payment on the other forum.

•••
thegenius1 said:
Touchring has confirmed payment on the other forum.

Yup, i received my second round of payment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back