Domain Empire

The annoyance of delay!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm not sure I'm allowed to swear, so..

F**k! F**k! F**k!

.. Sigh.

A domain I had my heart set on was registered last night. It was taken in all the other extensions (even some country ones other than .de and .us), and suited its extension so well.

It was 'engine.cc'.

I had the payment page up on RegisterFly yesterday and everything!

Anyway, if you think it's crap say so. It might make me feel a bit better.

-Alex

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't feel bad, I think I speak for everyone here when I say .cc sucks.

There are still 2 character .cc's available. I think that speaks for itself. Very little market for them, and I don't see that turning any time soon.

•••
I see engine.xx available in 4/5 of other country codes that I checked. Would another extension work for you? Or did you have your heart set on .cc?

•••
Would've cost me $30-ish, and that's just for one year.

The guy who regged it (from under my nose!) did so for 3 year so what's that? $90? $70/$80 discounted?

I wanted it for a car-related site I've had idea about for some time. Would I be better off seeking a nice .com?

Alex

Edit:

Originally posted by -RJ-
Would another extension work for you? Or did you have your heart set on .cc?
I liked the .cc because engine sizes are often measured in CCs. Eg: 1000cc, 1500cc, etc.

Thanks anyway, mate. It's appreciated

•••
Originally posted by aliepayne

I liked the .cc because engine sizes are often measured in CCs. Eg: 1000cc, 1500cc, etc.

Thanks anyway, mate. It's appreciated

Ah, that makes sense. How about engines.cc
Sounds better than engine.cc to me anyway. :)

•••
i totally understand

see my post below about bible.cz , 1,400 existing links in the search engines to that site and its 2nd ranking in google

was consdering it for a week then the day i was going to reg it , it had gone the day before

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back