Dynadot

The $500 Challenge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
I want to take $500 and see what it can be turned into between March 18th, 2016 and January 1st, 2017.

You cannot use domains you already own. You cannot spend more than the $500 investment to start. You can spend your profits made from the original $500. Updates should be made after every sale and every purchase. The domains bought and sold do not have to be disclosed publicly. Honor is a must.

All transactions must be documented thoroughly so an independent part can verify that the winner followed the rules.

Feel free to challenge someone in this thread.

I chose @Zandibot. Do you accept my challenge?

;)

EDIT: DOMAINS ONLY

EDIT 2: 1 $500 pot can be played against multiple people. So if you end up with 10k... that's 10k in each competition.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can I buy websites with adsense revenue or they not considered domains? Is development of domains allowed in this game?

Domains only. Let me edit the initial post so we can avoid the 100 question game. :P

•••
@Zandibot

I didn't think of this scenario... 1 $500 seed per challenge or 1 $500 seed for all challengers?

•••
•••
Domains only. Let me edit the initial post so we can avoid the 100 question game. :P

Before I challenge somebody, let me make sure I understand the rules.

The $500 budget is to be spent on domains. How do we factor in listing fee's at places such as BrandBucket or Flippa? Should these details be worked out on a case by case basis depending on the competition? Or is there a standard marketing budget allowed?

•••
Before I challenge somebody, let me make sure I understand the rules.

The $500 budget is to be spent on domains. How do we factor in listing fee's at places such as BrandBucket or Flippa? Should these details be worked out on a case by case basis depending on the competition? Or is there a standard marketing budget allowed?

$500 covers everything. You can buy a domain for $1 and spend $499 promoting it if you'd like. Good catch and thanks for asking!

•••
Why don't we just play poker then?

So I guess the answer is.... 1 $500 fund for all challengers.

If you challenge 2 people... you play with the same pot.

OP edited.

•••
I want to take $500 and see what it can be turned into between March 18th, 2016 and January 1st, 2017.

You cannot use domains you already own. You cannot spend more than the $500 investment to start. You can spend your profits made from the original $500. Updates should be made after every sale and every purchase. The domains bought and sold do not have to be disclosed publicly. Honor is a must.

All transactions must be documented thoroughly so an independent part can verify that the winner followed the rules.

Feel free to challenge someone in this thread.

I chose @Zandibot. Do you accept my challenge?

;)

EDIT: DOMAINS ONLY

EDIT 2: 1 $500 pot can be played against multiple people. So if you end up with 10k... that's 10k in each competition.

I challenge @Beezy

PM me if you accept, and we'll work out the details...

•••
I challenge @Beezy

PM me if you accept, and we'll work out the details...

I'll PM you in a bit. I'm in, of course!

Namescon is going to be crazy for bragging rights next year.

•••
Take a $500 initial investment and see how much money you can turn it into by January 1st, 2017 through domain sales only.

@Shane Bellone It's funny you brought this up. I was kicking this challenge exactly around in my head just last night. Sounds like I'm in.

•••
•••
I'll take on the world challenge accepted.. @genius

•••
•••
•••
Sounds like fun. So, the winner receives all other contestants final invested domains right?

Easy there Ali, I'm just joking... :xf.grin:

•••
Great . I am in .I challenge Myself..:)

•••
Nice, it will be really fun to watch, Personally i wont be participating thou ;).

However there is def a potential loophole here that i wont mention but is still there, that could make someone cheat on this one... lets hope no one does thou ;)...

•••
•••
Could you guys post your strategies on each stage of investment & sales, so people like me learn

•••
I've spent $499.04 so if anyone has an x,xxx domain for .96 I'm game.

•••
•••
•••
The judging team. Should also consider that scamming is not allowed.

Because I have seen many Pump and dump schemes in domains too.

And if it is allowed then god help those who get scammed because someone thought he just wants to win the competition. [Also make profit by selling pumped up domains]

In short what I am trying to suggest is that ethical sales only.

We have seen situations getting out of hand in past in most of the competitions and I do know that those kids just lack brains. Nowadays some adults too ;)

So whoever judges the records of sales and all, should also take ethics into consideration.

Thanks.

•••
Whoever has to judge this will have a lot of work to do, Why not limit the term to a month or 2?, a lot could happen between now and 2017 , Plus just like a long race most might lose adrenaline, keep it at a 100 metres . Rationale : Keeping it short should keep people engaged anything that runs too long gets boring. My opinion only. Great idea in any event . Good on you for bringing this up.

•••
Whoever has to judge this will have a lot of work to do, Why not limit the term to a month or 2?, a lot could happen between now and 2017 , Plus just like a long race most might lose adrenaline, keep it at a 100 metres . Rationale : Keeping it short should keep people engaged anything that runs too long gets boring. My opinion only. Great idea in any event . Good on you for bringing this up.

This is a business for many of us. In other words, this is our life. :P

•••
lol you're making this a challenge , that's what I do monthly , and it's not even 500$ , just a 100$ covering everything! (crying in spanish)
Nice idea by the way @Shane Bellone !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back