Dynadot

The $2.74 Conspiracy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Message to the average domainer. Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing. You only need to earn $2.74 each day to profit $1000 in a year from your domain names. So if you have 10 domain names it would be $10000 profit each year. Stop listening to all the hype about selling because it will most likely NEVER happen for you, and you will only realise this once you've lost all your money. Take heed NOW. Register, develop and monetise. Listen clearly, most domainers will FAIL. Nobody wants you to know this because they want to sell you their domains. This message will either be moved, deleted or down-voted or a combination of all three because the sellers can't profit from you. You can free yourselves by investing your time to learn how to develop your domain names into profitable revenue streams and sell later if you so desire. STOP LOSING MONEY, Stop buying worthless domain names. Stop dreaming and start WINNING.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's a middle road you know...

•••
•••
Most domainers fail because they don't put in the effort to learn what works and what doesn't.

I'd venture to say those same people will fail at developing domains as well.

•••
•••
Message to the average domainer. Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing. You only need to earn $2.74 each day to profit $1000 in a year from your domain names. So if you have 10 domain names it would be $10000 profit each year. Stop listening to all the hype about selling because it will most likely NEVER happen for you, and you will only realise this once you've lost all your money. Take heed NOW. Register, develop and monetise. Listen clearly, most domainers will FAIL. Nobody wants you to know this because they want to sell you their domains. This message will either be moved, deleted or down-voted or a combination of all three because the sellers can't profit from you. You can free yourselves by investing your time to learn how to develop your domain names into profitable revenue streams and sell later if you so desire. STOP LOSING MONEY, Stop buying worthless domain names. Stop dreaming and start WINNING.
Developing isn’t just putting couple of blog posts and call it a day… theirs a lot to it like putting up capital, marketing advertising etc..

You preach like this is something new no one knows about but everyone does. The problem is it’s harder to make a daily earning website then just sit on Domain to sell.

Now if you know this so called secret formula where you don’t have to put in work just develop a domain then please share it. If not then just stop wasting your time.

Last edited:
•••
Developing isn’t just putting couple of blog posts and call it a day… theirs a lot to it like putting up capital, marketing advertising etc..
One day. That's all it takes to set up a basic developed domain name. Then you're looking at 15 minutes a day for a year. Yeah that's 91 hours aggregate. For the record there's ZERO capital and ZERO marketing, it's just a time investment. If you're wasting your 91 hours trying to sell without success, then why not develop, earn your 30 cents each day and collect your $100? What's stopping you? Laziness is all I can think of, that's the cold hard truth of it, and you know it.
You preach like this is something new no one knows about but everyone does. The problem is it’s harder to make a daily earning website then just sit on Domain to sell.
Total baloney, you're making up facts. There's no preaching going on here, it's the just combination of you being here trying to sell your domain names, and you preferring to type messages than develop your domain names, and you know it.
Now if you know this so called secret formula where you don’t have to put in work just develop a domain then please share it. If not then just stop wasting your time.
Have you even read it? I doubt it. Read it, then come back with some real questions mate.

Last edited:
•••
One day. That's all it takes to set up a basic developed domain name. Then you're looking at 15 minutes a day for a year. Yeah that's 91 hours aggregate. For the record there's ZERO capital and ZERO marketing, it's just a time investment. If you're wasting your 91 hours trying to sell without success, then why not develop, earn your 30 cents each day and collect your $100? What's stopping you? Laziness is all I can think of, that's the cold hard truth of it, and you know it.
First of all I’m a developer, not a domain investor
If you think you don’t need any capital or marketing your just pulling shit out of your ass.

In your so called post about how to develop a domain you literally point out that you need to market and buy advertising..

Total baloney, you're making up facts. There's no preaching going on here, it's the just combination of you being here trying to sell your domain names, and you preferring to type messages than develop your domain names, and you know it.

Have you even read it? I doubt it. Read it, then come back with some real questions mate.
I have read it lol it’s nothing new it is basic points that almost everyone here probably already knows… you still have to put in the work.

•••
I have read it lol it’s nothing new it is basic points that almost everyone here probably already knows… you still have to put in the work.
So do it then, and of course it takes work.

•••
First of all I’m a developer, not a domain investor
If you think you don’t need any capital or marketing your just pulling shit out of your ass.
You're chatting complete and utter tripe mate. You ONLY need to buy a domain name. That's it. No other capital. If you say otherwise you have never developed a domain name for profit at the average John Doe domainer level. We aren't mostly agencies on Namepros. Most members are looking for a side hustle, a nice little earner on the side. They ONLY need to buy a domain name, the rest is FREE. Fact.
In your so called post about how to develop a domain you literally point out that you need to market and buy advertising..
It's not so-called, it's actually called. Don't invent scenarios from newly-discovered planets HD 260655 b and HD 260655 c. Yes, you need to do marketing, and no it doesn't NEED to cost anything. ONLY buy a domain name, the rest is free. This isn't Wall Street, it's Main Street.

•••
Stop listening to all the hype about selling because it will most likely NEVER happen for you, and you will only realise this once you've lost all your money.........
Mtv Shut Up GIF

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Domaining requires more capital. Content creation requires more time. If your capital is more than your time, domaining would likely the better choice, otherwise content creation would be better. Everyone has different capital and time amounts and different risk appetite.. Everyone is different. But all business are the same, all businesses pay you back what you pay and how much you pay to the business. You can pay to your business with your time or your money, whichever is more for you. The result/profit would be almost the same. At the end of the day, money (capital) talks.

Last edited:
•••
People that never actually built content sites think it's easy. People that never purchased domains for resale, think it's easy.

You can build a content site now about any niche and hire the best article writers, the best designers, and update once every hour and after a year have nothing but a lot of contact form and comment spam attempts to show for it.

Without real authentic backlinks to your content you are not ranking for anything that has search volume and the chances of getting people linking to your site (not the fake spam backlink packages) is almost 0. There is a reason domains with big quality backlinks go for a lot of money, if it was easy to get this any other way, those domains wouldn't go for 10k plus.

What about getting visitors to return on their own? Your guide about building content sites misses that. Should you use push notifications for new content and ask users to agree? Should you collect emails? If you don't plan correct, one change in Googles search algorithm and if you did manage to make some monthly income, it can go to 0.

Using math to make a case is flawed. Everyone does it. If you do day trading and have a small account of 5k, if you just try to earn 1% a day, for example, if you find a stock that is trading at 1 dollar and you buy 5000 shares, if it goes up just 1 penny you made your 1%, how hard could that be? You might be able to do this a few times a day too on some days, in a year if you keep reinvesting the with the profits, you will turn that 5k into 188k, even if you just count trading days and take days off you can cut that in half and still have turned the 5k into about 90k. Now imagine if you find a stock that moves just 5 cents up, after a year your 5k will be $280 Billion, you'll be the richest man in the world! Check the match https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php

In the 90's there was a guy on TV selling a course that showed you how to make money with classified ads. He said if you find a product that sells in classified ads and you make just 10 dollars profit a week from it, you can just replicate it and place that ad in 3000 news papers and now you are making 30k a week. People fell for it.

•••
I've been mostly doing domain sales, but I have played around with minisite development off and on for the last 20 years.

It didn't work well many years ago and it has only gotten tougher. The Google algorithm alone will stomp you, but beyond that here are some issues with development:

1. Gone are the days when a decent tool could be purchased inexpensively to use on unlimited domains - everything has gone Saas now, with charges per domain or monthly/yearly subscriptions. Profit is too thin to justify most of this stuff.

2. Free = garbage. You aren't going to get anything useful for free. If it had that kind of value they would be charging for it.

3. Payouts from Adsense, Amazon, eBay, cj and Shareasale have never been great, but seem to be at all-time lows. Also factor in affiliate programs that go out of business or drop commissions down to near zero or private affiliate programs that just stop paying you.

4. Time, time, time - to have a decent shot at developing for profit you have to create a lot of quality content. That takes either time or money. I get it, if you are in a place or situation where all you have is time, you can make a tiny bit of money and your time has little value. For many of us, it doesn't make sense to spend 60-100 hours to earn 100-200 dollars.

5. Even the good tools quit working at some point. I probably have 5k worth of stuff I bought that just doesn't work now either because they never updated it, it had vulnerabilities, or the program it was tied to banned it. Or they went saas and don't support the legacy stuff anymore.

I had decent return in the past doing niche Amazon stores, but alas the vendor for that went saas and doesn't support the legacy version that I could upload to my own server on unlimited sites. I'm giving it a go with about 5 sites with them, but I am doubtful I can earn enough to cover the monthly cost and turn a profit. We will see.

All that being said, I still think there are some opportunities for developing.

1. Local lead generation - roofing, hvac, solar, whole house generators, etc. Your effort isn't going to be so much on the developing side as it is on your ad spend and creatives to generate those leads and negotiating with those buying the leads.

2. E-commerce - no drop shipping affiliate stuff, actually find some niche products, get an overseas supplier to make some branded product for you and then spend some money on ads.

3. Come up with a unique product or service and go all in on developing and advertising it. Odds are you will blow your money, but you have a shot at creating something big.

I still plan on spending most of my money on buying and selling domains since after 20 years I know how to do that and I turn a profit every year with little time invested.

I will continue looking for that easy money development route when I have free time, but I really don't expect to find it. I have some unique ideas and product ideas that I am working on that I think can generate some value, but those will take a big time and money investment to launch.

I wish you luck no matter what your domain fetishes happen to be. As an old guy, let me tell you “there isn't an easy button in real life”

•••
You're chatting complete and utter tripe mate. You ONLY need to buy a domain name. That's it. No other capital. If you say otherwise you have never developed a domain name for profit at the average John Doe domainer level. We aren't mostly agencies on Namepros. Most members are looking for a side hustle, a nice little earner on the side. They ONLY need to buy a domain name, the rest is FREE. Fact.

It's not so-called, it's actually called. Don't invent scenarios from newly-discovered planets HD 260655 b and HD 260655 c. Yes, you need to do marketing, and no it doesn't NEED to cost anything. ONLY buy a domain name, the rest is free. This isn't Wall Street, it's Main Street.
Look man if you’re all about it. I’ll send you $100 if you can pick any of my domains, to develop and make at least a $0.25 a day.

•••
Not true. Fact.
Ok name the software, skill or service you need to develop a domain name and I'll provide links to the free versions. Now you're the one that needs to be specific. It's ALL free except the domain name and the time it takes to develop it.

•••
Without real authentic backlinks to your content you are not ranking for anything
That's a myth. Google cares about this and user interaction first and foremost. Links are a bonus. Yes, they help, but high grade backlinks aren't required to rank for high traffic low competition keywords.

Last edited:
•••
Look man if you’re all about it. I’ll send you $100 if you can pick any of my domains, to develop and make at least a $0.25 a day.
If you send me a list of keyword domain names I'll tell you which ones are worth developing and how to do it step by step. Or you can send me an example you don't own. Can post here or private message. Your choice mate. Happy to help you.

Last edited:
•••
high traffic low competition keywords.
no such thing, I challenge you to show one example of a high traffic keyword with low competition

•••
I see several view
no such thing, I challenge you to show one example of a high traffic keyword with low competition

Been in all these boats, deep in actually, so I can therefore have an educated comment I hope. I did performance SEO for many years and I'm still up to the track with it, though I rely less on it.

Today I prefer to use a distributed approach and not rely on a single thing (= ad revenue? organic traffic? .... etc) in order to avoid single failure points in business. I learned that hard when I first got my major sites penalized in Google. Then through other things. So I have history behind. Now running a few different businesses at once for the same reason. Very different ones including a brick and mortar.

I see several opposite viewpoints in this thread. And while OP @redemo and you (just for example) are now in heated contradiction discussion, these viewpoints don't exclude each other, in my experience.

Both "seo is hard" and "develop sites is easier than domaining" are valid. It's all in the viewpoint = subjective.

Usable, viable paths, valid assessments here likely coming from personal experience (hence the heated discussion = strong belief in them), but definitely subjective.

As always, it all depends.

One's experience, skills, assets are not the other's.

The truth is, I think, for the average domainer who never reaches performance, but who has good enough computer skills etc, developing a site might have better chances at earning something long-term.

Domaining is hard, but so can be anything else depending on where you come from.

So maybe everyone here should chill (including OP) and try to learn from other's experiences. Disagree or not, but anyway, any different experience is something we can learn from.

Edit: Path to success is like forensics. Often the one who has great success with little effort has found a tiny detail that makes the difference, although sometimes they're not really aware of it. I had this so I know. It's like a forensic pro finding a tiny clue which cracks the whole case open. The devil is in the details, therefore discussing the bigger picture does not bring one directly to some end result, unless one finds that minute detail that makes all the difference in results.

Last edited:
•••
Ok name the software, skill or service you need to develop a domain name and I'll provide links to the free versions. Now you're the one that needs to be specific. It's ALL free except the domain name and the time it takes to develop it.

Well, you need hosting for one...

•••
•••
Well, you need hosting for one...
Hosting today ain't gonna break the bank. You can get a cup of coffee for similar amounts in an average restaurant.

If it does break the bank, then hell you have a lot of traffic to sell, therefore you can afford the $ for hosting.

Last edited:
•••
Back