domains Tema.com just closed at $128,938 former Swedish company website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Tema.com just closed at $128,938 at DropCatch. The domain name was owned by a Swedish company named Rectus for years. Rectus was acquired by Parker Hannafin in 2007. The bidding popped from $109,137 to $128,888 by namecatching but the bidder determined all along 888bbb had them covered. 888bbb$128,938May 13, 2020 at 3:22 PMnamecatching$128,888May 13, 2020 at 3:22 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The person buying the domain looks like Chinese.
The bidder's first bid was $ 22,700.
I think he made an offer of $ 227,000 by mistake.
I think this domain name will be auctioned again.

Turkish Mean : Theme
The second bidder is probably Turkish.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The person buying the domain looks like Chinese.
The bidder's first bid was $ 22,700.
I think he made an offer of $ 227,000 by mistake.
I think this domain name will be auctioned again.

Turkish Mean : Theme
The second bidder is probably Turkish.
That would be great, because I was bidding on it too. Maybe next time I will have a better chance :xf.cool:

•••
That would be great, because I was bidding on it too. Maybe next time I will have a better chance :xf.cool:

6. My feelings are strong. what was your last offer?

•••
I was just watching and thinking what is happening here. In evening I had an idea it would go for 20k+ but didn't expect it will cross this much.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I bid on this name too but stopped when the price start going over 20k.
Great name ,glad it sold for a decent price!

•••
•••
Congrats to the buyer

Cheers
Corey

•••
Its well. Me and Some people will soon get there.

•••
Thanks for story @equity78 - with background what name means in different languages, clearly a great name, but still a great price for an expiry auction. From part you showed at least 4 different bidders were willing to spend $100,000 plus for it.

For those who have followed these much longer than me, are there an unusually large number of domains closing at really high auction prices lately? If so, is it because, perhaps related to businesses going online lately, there is renewed interest in valuable names, or that more retail purchasers are seeking out auctions directly than used to be the case? Or something else.

Thanks again.

Bob

•••
Means darkness in a few slavic languages

•••
This name is easily $100K if you can wait for the right buyer. $129K and if he's reseller, he must have over paid (if he actually paid). I'm not much experienced but that is what I learnt in last 5 years.

My 2 rupees.

•••
Tema is a very popular word in China

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back