Domain Empire

opinion Tell me your opinion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sellbourne

Established Member
Impact
i registered ibm.irish and it is getting closer to be expired.
Ibm.has sent me a.letter regarding on this name and transfer to them cos it is trademark amd registered.
Until.then i didnt do anything,no reply but i open a blog page and forward ibm.irish to this blogspot web.

What should i follow?
Do i need to fight with them or delete the domain as i lose this name definitely!
Thanks2 all)))

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the domain is worthless

why fight a fight
that will not be profitable when you've won?

•••
IBM is an internationally registered trademark.

If you pointed IBM.irish to a blog page and that blog page either talks about software/hardware/networking or anything computer based, then you are misleading the readers of your blog by utilizing the term "IBM" (IBM brand of computer technology & services).

I would strongly suggest you drop the IBM.irish domain as it's clear you are actively using the term "IBM" in the promotion of your blog (by directing the domain IBM.irish to your blog).

Additionally, I recommend you seek the advice of an attorney. IBM has too many attorney's on retainer and a deep budget to protect their brands.

Also, if you try to "sell" the domain to IBM, good luck with that as that transaction would constitute "economic gain" on your part and unless you have a contract in place with them when transferring the domain that has a clearly defined Limitations of Liability clause in it, they can come back at you a few months later for the amount they paid (plus legal fees). Ouch!!

You are pissing on an electrical outlet with this domain. Don't be surprised if the next "exciting jolt" you get is an invitation to a court date.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If he is a fast learner...

8ball.jpg

•••
•••
The world is filled with millions of millions of domains to choose from. It's not really wise to restrict yourself to a particular trademarked domain that may cause you to waste a lot of time, money and effort.

•••
Delete - not worth the trouble and expense of defending this name.

Besides, who else do you see as the end user for this name other than I/B/M?

•••
fighting is not to make a solution better to request him may be solved your problem

•••
•••
IBM (International Business Machines) do not have the exclusive right to use the letters I, B, and M. It would only violate their trademark if you were to use the domain to trade in similar business to theirs.

•••
If you're being serious and not trolling then make the prudent choice.

Because the other choice puts you at odds with the company that built Hitler's gas chambers for the Holocaust.

Don't believe me? Go to the Holocaust Museum they're on display.

Modern day, don't get me wrong they're probably not going to put you in the showers.

But they will put about 6 million jew lawyers all the way up your dumb a ss.

Don't be a fool

•••
I agree I.B.M. does not exclusively own all rights to the initials, but they do own trademark/service mark rights in several ICLASS categories.

However, the op mentioned in a similar post he intended to write a blog about "web Ecommerce" which are computer services that IBM provides.

It seems to me like he's trying to leverage the IBM name to drive traffic to his site about Ecommerce technologies. Yes, an ICLASS conflict with a global enterprise.

Last edited:
•••
IBM (International Business Machines) do not have the exclusive right to use the letters I, B, and M. It would only violate their trademark if you were to use the domain to trade in similar business to theirs.

That's not a litigation you want to start, don't put this sort of tomfoolery in his head he might think he has a chance.

•••
the op mentioned in a similar post he intended to write a blog about "web Ecommerce" which are computer services that IBM provides.
Yes, that probably would be a trademark violation.

•••
IBM didn't build the chambers - they helped locate the Jews. A few years before WWII the German Government sent a question list to all medical doctors in the country. It seemed to be a scholarly in-depth survey of diseases and conditions of the German population. IBM cards made the survey possible. There were two lines on those cards that should have raised suspicion, but did not. I think line 38 was race, another line asked for religion.

A few years later the SS knew exactly where to go, thanks to IBM.

Sorry if considered off-topic -- I think it is on-topic to living in today's world. On topic I agree he should drop the name.

•••
What do you guys think about this name UniversalStudiosJapan dot com? I purchased that off of expired domains. Does it cross the line of any trademark?

Thanks

•••
Most probably. What was your intent when you bought this domain name ?

•••
You can sell this domain to me. What is the price?

•••
auth CODE HAS been sent to IBM.
THAT'S TGE BEST WAY I RECKON
THANKS GUYS TO HELP ME THE PATHWAY ON THAT

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back