Dynadot

opinion Tell me your opinion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sellbourne

Established Member
Impact
i registered ibm.irish and it is getting closer to be expired.
Ibm.has sent me a.letter regarding on this name and transfer to them cos it is trademark amd registered.
Until.then i didnt do anything,no reply but i open a blog page and forward ibm.irish to this blogspot web.

What should i follow?
Do i need to fight with them or delete the domain as i lose this name definitely!
Thanks2 all)))

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Delete and run with your @$$ intact.

•••
•••
Explain more clearly please;)

•••
•••
If they ask you to transfer it to them, transfer it to them. You've got no chance of winning any kind of dispute. It doesn't help that you posted the name online and it's probably indexed by now.

•••
Can I ask you what is the point of registering such a name? It's clear as a day trademark violation, plus it's some stupid extension nobody wants. I would honestly step back and take a breath and check what you're doing and reevaluate.

Obviously, you give it to them or delete it. You're going on a path that is almost automated for them and if you choose wrongly you need to stock up on some lube.

•••
thanks on valuable advice guys
really appreciate

•••
Many, many wise NamePros members already weighed in on this 4 months ago! We told you back then it was a terrible idea and a clear trademark violation. Why the need for a second opinion? Do you really think this name holds any value, unless you covet litigation?
Here's your original thread on this:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/any-idea-on-domain.1020060/

•••
•••
Can you send me guys a nice email to them regarding on giving domain in a short form?
thanks for helping me:)

•••
Just let it go. Probably if you delete it will go to expired auction. Also registrar. They'll make a buck off it selling it to some one else
Meanwhile you lose out on recouping your lose on it. Ain't domaining fun?

I don't see I'm coming after godaddy for auctioning off ibm.irish in expired section .

Who knows I'm might make a bid on it.

Now if you put it on auction guaranteed someone here will tell you that's a bad move.

As ibm will probably take issue with that .so no other choice but let it go.

•••
i want to give it to them.
i just needed to good email template to write them back.
please write a letter to them on that domain.
cheers

•••
I had a similar issue with PayPal, with the domain paypal2bank.com (or .nl, don;t remember to be honest).

Anyway, I received a letter from a lawyer, kinf of nasty.

I told them that I would not comply with their demands, as there is no referral to PayPal but to a service. Never heard from them again.

As far as ibm.irish is concerned you can state that ibm can stand for anything, and as it does not state ibm.ireland there is no issue with trademarks in any way. Freedom of free Enterprise.

•••
i m little bit confused now.Waht should I do against to them!!!

•••
Ouch, drop the name ASAP, never register a company name in domaining. Its also your reputation as a domainer on the line here. You cannot fight with them, its a closed case, its a trademark, simple. The name is worth nothing so whats the point in keeping it?

Last edited:
•••
Sent you a letter in a PM.

IBM: Irish Business Market
IBM: I Build Monuments

Big companies hope to intimidate you. So don't back out. If the name disturbs them why don't they make an offer on it? If you offer it to them and they decline a Judge will ask them why they spend thousands on a lawsuit instead of making you a decent offer after you told them an offer would or might be considered.

•••
its not dot com, so from my POV, it will be wasting of times and money :)

•••
Worthless domain. Just delete it and move on.

•••
i m little bit confused now.Waht should I do against to them!!!

Do nothing let it expire, you already wasted your money with buying a trademark domain, don`t even waste your time or other member`s by writing them back.

Just let it go and focus on your next purchase.

•••
Just let it go and focus on your next purchase.

Do you really think a "next purchase" is a good idea for this person?

I would amend to "Just let it go and forget about domaining being a good fit for you".

•••
0.jpg

•••
•••
i registered ibm.irish and it is getting closer to be expired.
Ibm.has sent me a.letter regarding on this name and transfer to them cos it is trademark amd registered.
Until.then i didnt do anything,no reply but i open a blog page and forward ibm.irish to this blogspot web.

What should i follow?
Do i need to fight with them or delete the domain as i lose this name definitely!
Thanks2 all)))

I did a same mistake twice but it happens. You should learn from this mistake. You should delete it and run :ROFL:

•••
Do you really think a "next purchase" is a good idea for this person?

I would amend to "Just let it go and forget about domaining being a good fit for you".

Yea, why not. If he is a fast learner namePros might be helpful for him.

•••
Back