NameSilo

domain Tb.tv

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate.tv

Established Member
Impact
160
Not sure if this in right section or not? - please let me know - thanks :)

I've held TB.TV for about 3 yrs. now..... kept to "protect branding" of

TampaBay.TV and TampaBayTV.com

Almost all of the potential buyers of these 2 names don't seem to give a hoot about TB.TV - so thinking it's time to put on the market. $ 1k/yr renewal due August.....

Thoughts? ....... Thanks.....
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The first thing I thought when I saw the name was tuberculosis.

I must admit that was my first thought also..

That said, lots of usage can be made from this.. T is very strong.. Tickets, travel technology etc etc..

Good luck cate, I hope you find your buyer :)
 
0
•••
amenzi .....thanks for reminding me of the Gates Foundation....I agree. I had thought of contacting them awhile back....... will do so this week :)
 
0
•••
What is the renewal fee?
 
0
•••
Rupert - the renewal fee is 1k/yr - at least until Verisign changes - lol - you never know :)
 
0
•••
If this name had standard renewal fee I'd say it should be worth around $1,300 to resellers.
The connection to tuberculosis almost certainly has a negative impact on its value IMHO, but T and B are still decent premium letters with plenty of other acronyms.

The current $1k renewal is a real killer though... It will make this domain a very hard sell I imagine. It will scare most potential end-users away. Especially charities.

Lately I've been following LL.tv's and I'm noticing *already* that many are dropping. Once they drop they tend to have one-off premium reg fees of around $1000-$1800 and then standard ($20) renewal fees thereafter.

If I were you I would certainly consider selling this domain. I strongly believe that the longer you keep it, the more money you will lose paying out it's renewals.

We would all love for Verisign to finish their premium renewals but I really can't see it happening. At least not for the foreseeable future.
If people are happily paying premium renewals, why would Verisign want to stop them?

Good luck
 
0
•••
thanks Rupert for feedback - actually working on an auction idea formulated early this morning for this name....... thinking it just might happen :)
 
0
•••
Rupert,
Good analysis. I think the reseller value is closer to $1800-2000 without a premium renewal fee based on some of the sales that have occurred.

Best,
A

If this name had standard renewal fee I'd say it should be worth around $1,300 to resellers.
The connection to tuberculosis almost certainly has a negative impact on its value IMHO, but T and B are still decent premium letters with plenty of other acronyms.

The current $1k renewal is a real killer though... It will make this domain a very hard sell I imagine. It will scare most potential end-users away. Especially charities.

Lately I've been following LL.tv's and I'm noticing *already* that many are dropping. Once they drop they tend to have one-off premium reg fees of around $1000-$1800 and then standard ($20) renewal fees thereafter.

If I were you I would certainly consider selling this domain. I strongly believe that the longer you keep it, the more money you will lose paying out it's renewals.

We would all love for Verisign to finish their premium renewals but I really can't see it happening. At least not for the foreseeable future.
If people are happily paying premium renewals, why would Verisign want to stop them?

Good luck
 
0
•••
Teletubbies.TV :)
 
0
•••
might have to drop this one cate. :(

it sucks that loyal customers of verisign get the royal screwing like this.
 
0
•••
Cate,

I would submit it to Sedo Auction and see what happens. I have done that with a couple of LL.tv names at 1K premium. If they don't sell, I will drop them, it's up to you but the 1K premium is a killer and I know how you feel.
Thanks, Jim
 
0
•••
Cate,

I would submit it to Sedo Auction and see what happens. I have done that with a couple of LL.tv names at 1K premium. If they don't sell, I will drop them, it's up to you but the 1K premium is a killer and I know how you feel.
Thanks, Jim

That would be your best choice!!!

However I think the name is worth $xx.xxx in time, Low $xx.xxx, but there...
 
0
•••
This is a tough one because of Tampabay.tv - they are really nice as a pair.

If I were spending a lot on Tampabay.tv I wouldn't let TB.tv go.

I did see Tampabay.TV is no more - if there's no plan to get a high dollar sale/development plan back, then I would let TB drop.

Maybe "call Paul" at name.com and see if he can hook you up for the drop catch.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back