IT.COM

advice Taking a payment in crypto ? Dan probably

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I have not really wanted to go into crypto, too complicated, high fees , I would think. But for a newby , I understand I need a wallet .. so which one? And to take payments I think using Dan?
Any advice , or tips. Simple and safest route please.

I should also I am yet to make a sale , we live in hope even if we die in despair !
Many thanks. Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recommend MetaMask. Full control, with a generated seed phrase ...easy to set up. A seed phrase is a series of words generated by your cryptocurrency wallet that give you access to the crypto associated with that wallet. Think of the wallet as being like a password manager for crypto, and the seed phrase as being the master password. The popular centralised exchanges carry risk, owning your keys. The saying goes: Not your keys, not your crypto

Bitcoin cannot be stored on MetaMask. Maybe for you that's a good thing, considering fees. If your business can accommodate USDC (the Coinbase stablecoin), I recommend that, removing volatility, as value is pegged to the US Dollar. If you want your asking price to remain on point, a Stablecoin is your answer. If you can't / don't want to follow that, and solely want to do Bitcoin, like with DAN, I suggest a Coinbase wallet (reasonably safe)

If you are doing regular crypto business, look into offline hardware, such as Trezor / Ledger. When in control of your crypto, never under any circumstance tell / share your seed phrase. In crypto, your security is your responsibility

Hope this helps

Last edited:
•••
Cheers Jhm - I think if I ever offered the option I would just do it through Dan so no need to have a wallet (I think) and they just pay me the £'s.

•••
so far ive notice epik.com and namecheap.com have incremented a coin wallet pay or payment process in their payment options. Dont know if any others have but they should. Its very convenient when they get the delay of transfer down some, rite now its up to 30 minute wait for transfers to your wallet to pay anything. ty.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back