Domain Empire

opinion Tablet.* domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kman8g

Impact
Hello!

I wonder why a domain like tablet.* is not used at all at any popular generic/country tld.
For example tablet. com/org/net/me/co/io/club/online/xyz/ /fr/eu/in etc are all taken but they are either down,or are showing ads, or they show a sedo selling page.
Ok, .de is active but it has >11.000.000 alexa rank, and .es is active too with 7.800.000 alexa rank.
Germany and Spain are 'big' countries, so the rank is not justified. Isn't it so valuable?

If tablet.com was active, wouldn't it have much earnings? So much, that the owner would worth to spend some time with it to develop it, add content etc...? Instead of just waiting until somebody decides to buy it..

What do you think? Do i miss something? Or am i thinking wrong?

Moreover, do you think that investing at a such domain would worth it? Or tablets are not so popular or people are not interested into them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have Tablets.Direct and I'm planning on launching a website to help sell them, not sure exactly which route yet though.

Tablets are definitely popular, and still trending up in popularity. I think most domainers simply are not in the game of developing domains that they're just hoping to sell. It's easier to sell a domain by putting a big for sale banner on the page, especially for names like tablet.com that surely get a lot of direct traffic.

But with NGTLD names, what the heck, why not? Its going to be at least a few more years before their time anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back