IT.COM

strategy Suggest Best Flippa Upgrade Choice for Promotions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your Choice for Best Flippa Upgrade to be Selected Individually for Domain Promotion?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Your own custom logo

votes
    0.0%
  • Bold listing title

votes
    0.0%
  • Domain tile with double the size

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
Hi, NP Members
Please share your opinion regarding which Flippa Upgrade idea could work best if chosen only for domain promotions. There are various available, that includes,
  • Always on top of normal listings
  • Emailed to 150,000 subscribers
  • Flippa home page feature
  • Tweeted to 9,000+ buyers
  • Your own custom logo
  • Bold listing title
  • Highlighted listing in search pages
  • Dedicated premium support
  • Domain tile with double the size
Suppose a person wishes to go with only one option from above all, then what strategy would you propose.

Regards,
Daneyal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very interested in this myself...too bad the discussion didn't take off.

Do you have any follow-ups from your experiences since posting this?

•••
I don't have enough experience selling on Flippa to weigh in on this, but I'd also like to see this thread generate some discussion about the topic.

•••
Thanks for restarting this discussion.
First of all, I really like flippa as an auction place, it looks great, feel great and works great.

Now coming to the topic,
The Gist of what I have learnt from past experiences, if you have a great domain name, then a flippa premium upgrade of $250 or above would help, otherwise it would be too risky to buy individual upgrade. If you have free credits, that is another thing. You can request for concessions as well.

The matter of fact is that, the full upgrade allows you to show case your domain as a premium one, with logo & everything else as a complete package. This would help not let your domain auction buried in the junk domain auctions at flippa & who knows some investor might like your domain.

However, just dont forget to take another opinion here at namepros appraisal section, or from domain help team at flippa, whether they think a full upgrade may work for your domain or not, but I am sure no one can guarantee anything, it is on us to decide finally.

For Selecting from individual options.
It would only help if you really have a great name, but first list your domain without having an individual upgrade to see the response & watchers. Promote it for free here at namepros external auction page. Since the re-listing is free you can re-list your domain several times like for instance 3-4 days auction or 14 days auction & in that way you would be able to get an idea about the response it may generate.

Secondly, you can contact flippa domain help at their ID, they may tell you what they think about your domain name, but I am not sure, only get to know this from recent interview of flippa domains director @FlippaDomains
A Must Read Interview with Kevin Fink on all things Flippa
Feel free to get in touch with domain help team, they can help you positively I am sure.

These are the options to select from upgrades:
  • Homepage Feature listing (+$49) Attract 3x the bids!
    Shoot your listing to the top of our homepage feature roll.
  • Tweet your listing (+$79) Exposure to 9,000+ Buyers!
    We tweet your listing to our most active Buyers.
  • Newsletter promotion (+$149) Reach 150,000 Buyers!
    Your auction featured in our weekly email round up.
  • Highlighted Listing Row (+$19)
    Double your listing views with a highlighted background to your listing on the results page.
  • Bold Listing Title (+$9)
    Attract 10% more bids with a bold listing title on listing results pages.
  • Spotlight listing - POA - Contact sales Maximum exposure
  • Private listing (+$20)
    Hide your listing from search engines like Google and the general public.
1. If you have some free credits available & a really good domain name, the flippa home page featured listing of $49 can help getting some watchers.

2. Regarding flippa email & tweet upgrade option thing I am not sure it would help that much as the flippa homepage feature, just my opinion, anyone can differ as per their experience. It may depend on your domain name, and timing of auction, pre-auction exposure, your credibility and feedbacks at flippa, your past sales and so many other things. Your Domain name Watchers at flippa, you may like to list your flippa username here: What is Your Flippa Username

3. Bold listing & highlighted background are also great features with low cost, you may use free credits if you have.

4. For spot light listing, I think they only offer it if any space is available, and that too if you have already taken a minimum upgrade of $149 (correct me if I am wrong), or who knows they may give you on request, simply email them before auction.

This was just an opinion, more thoughtful notes by other members will be highly appreciable on flippa premium upgrades and a choice of availing individual flippa upgrade options.

@FlippaDomains may would like to comment and give an advice/suggestion/recommendation here.

•••
Thanks for the great resource! You mentioned "free credits" a few times - how does a person not unlike myself come into ownership of such credits?

•••
Thanks for the great resource! You mentioned "free credits" a few times - how does a person not unlike myself come into ownership of such credits?
You are welcome, thankyou.
Free credits can be availed by appraising 15 domains weekly here: https://flippa.com/domain-appraisals, they give us 9 credits that is equal to one listing fee, or one can accumulate it and use it anyway is up to us. Thanks

•••
Thanks for restarting this discussion.
First of all, I really like flippa as an auction place, it looks great, feel great and works great.

Now coming to the topic,
The Gist of what I have learnt from past experiences, if you have a great domain name, then a flippa premium upgrade of $250 or above would help, otherwise it would be too risky to buy individual upgrade. If you have free credits, that is another thing. You can request for concessions as well.

The matter of fact is that, the full upgrade allows you to show case your domain as a premium one, with logo & everything else as a complete package. This would help not let your domain auction buried in the junk domain auctions at flippa & who knows some investor might like your domain.

However, just dont forget to take another opinion here at namepros appraisal section, or from domain help team at flippa, whether they think a full upgrade may work for your domain or not, but I am sure no one can guarantee anything, it is on us to decide finally.

For Selecting from individual options.
It would only help if you really have a great name, but first list your domain without having an individual upgrade to see the response & watchers. Promote it for free here at namepros external auction page. Since the re-listing is free you can re-list your domain several times like for instance 3-4 days auction or 14 days auction & in that way you would be able to get an idea about the response it may generate.

Secondly, you can contact flippa domain help at their ID, they may tell you what they think about your domain name, but I am not sure, only get to know this from recent interview of flippa domains director @FlippaDomains
A Must Read Interview with Kevin Fink on all things Flippa
Feel free to get in touch with domain help team, they can help you positively I am sure.

These are the options to select from upgrades:

1. If you have some free credits available & a really good domain name, the flippa home page featured listing of $49 can help getting some watchers.

2. Regarding flippa email & tweet upgrade option thing I am not sure it would help that much as the flippa homepage feature, just my opinion, anyone can differ as per their experience. It may depend on your domain name, and timing of auction, pre-auction exposure, your credibility and feedbacks at flippa, your past sales and so many other things. Your Domain name Watchers at flippa, you may like to list your flippa username here: What is Your Flippa Username

3. Bold listing & highlighted background are also great features with low cost, you may use free credits if you have.

4. For spot light listing, I think they only offer it if any space is available, and that too if you have already taken a minimum upgrade of $149 (correct me if I am wrong), or who knows they may give you on request, simply email them before auction.

This was just an opinion, more thoughtful notes by other members will be highly appreciable on flippa premium upgrades and a choice of availing individual flippa upgrade options.

@FlippaDomains may would like to comment and give an advice/suggestion/recommendation here.

Spot-on as always, @DANEYAL ...

I'd recommend reaching out to [email protected], ATTN. @Devoir Funches -- We'll gladly assist in guiding you to list domains we feel will connect with our buyers.

Some domains, no matter the exposure, simply will not sell. Others will gain much traction, but only if promoted off-platform. It's important to discuss with us first, as we often can apply credits to help get the ball rolling, depending on inventory put forth and pricing expectations being realistic.

•••
This is a good topic. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back