NameSilo

Success (or failure) with SnapNames / NameJet ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Greetings -

New to this forum, and new to this whole 'drop' thing,
tho' not to domain registration in general.

A not particularly noteworthy .com domain that,
I suspect/hope, has potential value only to me
(no traffic, 1 link) is about to drop (pendingDelete
status).

I'd welcome knowing if anyone out there has actually
had success
with using the services of SnapNames,
NameJet or some other outfit to obtain a domain.
[And if it's some other, which other?]

My concern is that using 'backorder' services might
raise the profile of this otherwise nondescript domain.

Insight & experience welcome.

Thanks kindly,

- Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I want share my opinion with namejet, actually their service is good, but after you buy from them, they use enomcentral, and that company is really bad, my money was stolen from that auto payment with mobile site.. and after i contact their administrator they give back my money. after that when i request epp key, they ignore my request and never email me that key, for comparison godaddy show their key on the domain profile pages. the third is renewal fees they charge me almost 3 times than gd...

•••
Snapnames usually do the job for me, almost every domain name I backorder with them gets catched. So I prefer Snapnames.

Second to Snapnames, Pool is good enough.

Stay away from GoDaddy's "Backorder"-service. I think its just an insider joke. Because they never catch anything, not even their own domain names.

I don't use NameJet, because of the way they run their service. So I boycot them. :)

So use Snapnames and Pool at the same time, and 95% of the time you will get the domain name.

Good luck.

•••
I'm using Namejet and Snapname. Pool never catched anything for me :P

•••
You on here too Richard?

•••
•••
SnapNames took it this time

Just to close the loop -- I backordered my desired domain with each member of the unholy trinity.

SnapNames was first across the the wire, and the domain is now registered to me.

The process was a bit weird. After the drop, my backorder record seemed to disappear,
and Verisign showed the domain registered by AtlanticFriendNames.

A little over 2 hours after the drop, the backorder reappeared and I received an email
confirming the domain backorder. 15 minutes later, I received a congratulatory email
advising that I had acquired the domain. 20 minutes after that, I received the account
creation confirmation email from Moniker.

Not inefficient, but more stressful that it needed to be.

... I don't use NameJet, because of the way they run their service. So I boycot them. :) ...
How does NameJet's service differ from SnapNames? It seems that both of them trumpet the fact
that someone's bidding. Which sucks, and which is why I didn't bid until there were
30 seconds left 'til cutoff.

As far as I can tell, Pool is better this way. I backordered with them the morning of the drop.

Last edited:
•••
One of the most different things are that when you backorder in NameJet it is NOT a proxy bid you make, what you bid is what you pay. Even if you are the only one backordering.

•••
I've won names on namejet and never had any problems. The domains that I purchased were expiring network solutions domains though.

•••
Iv been with Snapname, and no luck as of yet.... (been about 3 months)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back