NameSilo

Sub-domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is ridiculous. Having to purchase a license to use subdomain.domain.com?? If anything at all, any payment should go to the legal owner of domain.com.

It's tantamount to saying, "Hey, nobody patented the idea of renting apartments and I just did, so, if you wish to rent out your apartment, please PayPal me $99.99 for the license to do so." Or rental cars, bank loans even borrowing library books. Who ever patents such common knowledge/activity? Duh? Or have I misread and misunderstood something?

•••
I agree, people are always going to try to find a way to what is rightfully yours. They would have to take the domain out of domain name.... because it would no longer be your domain if they get money for subdomains. That pry makes no sense...but oh well. I need sleep.

This is really rediculous:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...uster+AND+IN/Brian&RS=IN/Shuster+AND+IN/Brian

Originally posted by drmaximus
This is ridiculous. Having to purchase a license to use subdomain.domain.com?? If anything at all, any payment should go to the legal owner of domain.com.

It's tantamount to saying, "Hey, nobody patented the idea of renting apartments and I just did, so, if you wish to rent out your apartment, please PayPal me $99.99 for the license to do so." Or rental cars, bank loans even borrowing library books. Who ever patents such common knowledge/activity? Duh? Or have I misread and misunderstood something?

Last edited:
•••
This reminds me of the company that tried to claim it created links on websites and wanted a fee from everyone who used links on the Internet.

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
This reminds me of the company that tried to claim it created links on websites and wanted a fee from everyone who used links on the Internet.

:lol: that was our very own British Telecom here in the UK - they kind of got laughed at here quite a bit for that

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
:lol: that was our very own British Telecom here in the UK - they kind of got laughed at here quite a bit for that

Yikes! I wonder if these sorts of things happened with phone lines when the phone was invented as well...

•••
People are so greedy its obnoxious. Its you're domain and you paid for it, so you can pretty much do what you want w/ it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back