IT.COM

marketplace Stud marketplace coming soon (Domain King)

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
In case you haven’t heard my partners and I are opening up not only a domain brokerage, not only a marketplace on Stud.com but we have added some secret sauces that’s going to blow the doors off of the industry and open us up to the world.

Stud.com was born on July 1 via a Twitter post and for the last 100 days or so we have been working night and day to bring Stud.com online.

The domain marketplace is about 1/3 of what stud.com is going to be about.

In the weeks ahead we will unveil version 1.0 of STUD. But we won’t stop there. We have big plans for expansion as we add these new features.

read more (Ricks blog)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
NoLowballers.com is expiring today. Perhaps that would be a more accurate name for his new project? Seems like the project is only for domainers who are wealthy already, have ultra premiums, and can sit for years or decades on a domain and not accept anything less than a shoot-the-moon price for their domain/s... doesn't look like a platform for most of us, IMO.

•••
In case you haven’t heard my partners and I are opening up not only a domain brokerage, not only a marketplace on Stud.com but we have added some secret sauces that’s going to blow the doors off of the industry and open us up to the world.

Stud.com was born on July 1 via a Twitter post and for the last 100 days or so we have been working night and day to bring Stud.com online.

In the weeks ahead we will unveil version 1.0 of STUD. But we won’t stop there. We have big plans for expansion as we add these new features.

read more (Ricks blog)

Love know more about this "breeding" process. Sounds like fun. Rick surely isn't "horsing" around. He's a real "thoroughbred" when it comes to domain selling with no "handicaps". If you wan to "Win", go to Rick's "Place" and "Show" your best domain.

Always go with a "triple crown" winner. lol

•••
NoLowballers.com is expiring today. Perhaps that would be a more accurate name for his new project? Seems like the project is only for domainers who are wealthy already, have ultra premiums, and can sit for years or decades on a domain and not accept anything less than a shoot-the-moon price for their domain/s... doesn't look like a platform for most of us, IMO.

not to worry. I'm working on a "for most of us" platform for those in the "cheap seats".

•••
@Lox How much did Stud.com cost you?

•••
Anyone else read this is Stub? for second there thought Stub was starting his own marketplace.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Anyone else read this is Stub? for second there thought Stub was starting his own marketplace.
I tagged stub and thought it was his new marketplace

•••
I tagged stub and thought it was his new marketplace

No not mine. Also when I rebrand it will be the current version of DNStore.com which moves to the new domain.

•••
"we breed domains" - seriously?

Stud & Breed = domains?

Breeding is when 2 animals get it on and produce baby animals, combine that with stud and you have a harem.....

Last edited:
•••
No not mine. Also when I rebrand it will be the current version of DNStore.com which moves to the new domain.

Were you the buyer of DNStore.com in 2014? I sold this one. :laugh:

•••
Were you the buyer of DNStore.com in 2014? I sold this one. :laugh:

Alright! I don't remember the price. If you still know. PM me :)

•••
•••
"There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for trademark violations. One warning only!"

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

•••
•••
"we breed domains" - seriously?

Stud & Breed = domains?

Breeding is when 2 animals get it on and produce baby animals, combine that with stud and you have a harem.....
Lol

•••
my domains aarent good enough for that platform

2 of my domains were bought by

coingecko

a cryptocurrency price index

and

chiliz

a cryto coin

oh and both of the domains i allowed to expire because i cannot find a broker that the above two companiies went on to buy were
one keyword new gtlds that both the above companies use domains i bought for reg fee as redirects in to their respective brands

•••
my domains aarent good enough for that platform

2 of my domains were bought by

coingecko

a cryptocurrency price index

and

chiliz

a cryto coin

Hi, can you share with us the price you sold them at?

•••
Hi, can you share with us the price you sold them at?
i didnt sell them i let them expire and the two domains were bought after i let them expire but it is nice to know that i once owned them etc and that big forwatd thinking companies are buying and using new gtlds that i once owned

•••
i didnt sell them i let them expire and the two domains were bought after i let them expire but it is nice to know that i once owned them etc and that big forwatd thinking companies are buying and using new gtlds that i once owned

That would make me feel bad that I didn't have the foresight to hold onto them :(

•••
I follow Rick on Twitter, but don't use Clubhouse.

So I take it that it will be by subscription? Has he indicated what that will be? Will it be strictly subscription, or a combination subscription plus commission?

I take it he is setting some minimum selling price for any names accepted?

He says that it is a brokerage, but much more than that. Has he specified what is meant by more?

Thanks for any information from those who attend the clubhouse sessions.

Bob

Last edited:
•••

read more (Ricks blog)

i think every new project says this... but I like yer enthusiasm.. ps just curious what's the other 2 thirds then if not domain related? I assume it's why u picked stud for name..cause most of site is not domain related? gl tho

•••
I don’t get the business plan.

Attempting to inflate prices for domains x50 than what they are now and charging domainers thousands to join, why would this be appealing for both investors and potential end-users? End-users will just go for the 2nd option, as for investors why would domainers go anywhere near it when (as said) the platform is going to cost thousands to join and when there’s fantastic brokers out there who don’t charge anything and only a fee upon a successful sale?

Good luck to him, but I’ve never heard of a new business venture saying they are going to charge partners and customers a fortune say and expect people to be excited by that, if it went on Dragon’s Den it wouldn’t get very far.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t get the business plan.

Attempting to inflate prices for domains x50 than what they are now and charging domainers thousands to join, why would this be appealing for both investors and potential end-users? End-users will just go for the 2nd option, as for investors why would domainers go anywhere near it when (as said) the platform is going to cost thousands to join and when there’s fantastic brokers out there who don’t charge anything and only a fee upon a successful sale?

Good luck to him, but I’ve never heard of a new business venture saying they are going to charge partners and customers a fortune say and expect people to be excited by that, if it went on Dragon’s Den it wouldn’t get very far.

just imagine if zuckerberg went on dragons den in 2004 and was asked where do you see this business in 5 years time?

and what if zuckerberg said well ll be the 5th richest person on the planet in 17 years time lol which he is

•••
Back