NameSilo

Straight to affiliate or landing page?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you think it's more profitable?

Also share your stories !

Is it legal to send link it straight to sponsors page with the code?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bump for the morning people!

•••
Landing Page for me.
From a marketing standpoint, it allows you "paint the picture" for the user in a manner that fits your site/niche best. There are instances where straight to the affiliate might work, but I'm not aware of those specifically.

•••
I'm going to try both and see what works the best, on landing pages you can put more affiliates instead of using one i guess.

Thanks DomainTalkers!

Anybody else has some input?

•••
Yup! what the guy from above said, but there is also affiliates that youll run into that tell u otherwise

ive heard of affiliates that dont want people to take the visitors straight to the source they want them to go the landing page

Alwayz read their terms and conditions, and they should pretty much have the answer there from where u can and cant bring your visitors from.

•••
it depends on the category of affiliate program
if more on cash categories, like cash, mlm, loan
usually direct to the affiliate link is better
and also it depends where you do market it

•••
weblord said:
it depends on the category of affiliate program
if more on cash categories, like cash, mlm, loan
usually direct to the affiliate link is better
and also it depends where you do market it

Hi Weblord,

What you said is right, I agree with you..... :gn:

•••
The idea of a landing page is to add value for the visitor. It also about building up the visitor's level of trust in the products you're promoting. Even if you just give a review, as long as it's credible and honest, it is an additional value. And this process makes it easier for the visitor to make that purchase decision.

If you can give out relevant and quality bonuses that are unique and can complement the product in some way, it provides a lot more incentive for the visitor to buy. And it will boost your conversion rate.

Landing pages do give that extra push. Should use it when you can.

•••
Direct to the merchant is a good way to TEST a program, but long term, landing pages are usually better for the reasons others stated.

Is it legal to send link it straight to sponsors page with the code?

Depends on the merchant. Read the program policies (which you agreed to follow when you signed up.)

•••
But at the same time a landing page can cause problems. You have to make darn sure that your copy is compelling enough to make people want to read to the end, then click the link to go to the affiliate.

•••
If you're making them read to the end of your copy in order to find a link, you need a serious refresher course on "Landing Pages 101" ! :).

•••
enlytend said:
If you're making them read to the end of your copy in order to find a link, you need a serious refresher course on "Landing Pages 101" ! :).

Of course you will have more links, buttons, etc throughout the entire page. But Do you purchase anything after 1 paragraph? Or do you read on? I personally am not sold on anything after a few words.

•••
I think we're speaking of two different things. You're talking about a sales letter - sure, that's one type of landing page.

Here's another:

Product - Bullet - Bullet - Bullet - Link (and some text below to make Google happy, as well as anyone who really WANTS something to read). Short and sweet and it works for me :).

•••
Build landing page, it's look profesional

•••
I used to point domains directly to ebay search results pages for the keyword in the domain.

They sent me an email that that is a violation of their TOS.

Can you point domains directly to other affiliates or is that a no no?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back