stormstory.com suggestions

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
2
Hi Guys/Girls,

I am in the midst of creating a forum dedicated to weather fanatics around the globe. Whenever you get a chance could you each take a look at the site and provide any suggestions? There are still a few things I am going to ad (weather.com is providing me with a watches and warnings script) so rest assured there is alot more to be done.

What do you think of the forums I have created so far?

I am going to change the category name to something other than "Central Command" but using it as a temp fix right now. There will be other categories as well to discuss non-weather realted topics such as Breaking News around the world, etc. I am just looking for ideas or suggestions in-the-meantime that will help improve the content. I have already began receiving a bit of traffic and I suspect that is coming from folks looking for info on the televison show that airs each night on the weather channel (Storm Stories). Contacted WC and does not appear to be any conflict of interest at this time. :)

FYI - This is a personal hobby site and will not be listed for sale, so I don't want anyone to think they are helping me so that I can profit $$$$ wise from your ideas or suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I like the way it looks so far.Weather is a hobby of mine too.I will visit there often when you launch it. Goodluck with it.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by mws
I like the way it looks so far.Weather is a hobby of mine too.I will visit there often when you launch it. Goodluck with it.


Thanks for the comments mws. I will look forward to seeing you there. If you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Best way to reach me is at [email protected] or [email protected]. :)
 
0
•••
This thread leads me to the question, What makes someone a weather fan?
 
0
•••
All the beauty and danger of it.Weather is never certain.It is amazing. Not just watching forecasts. That is why there are "fans".
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Anthony
This thread leads me to the question, What makes someone a weather fan?

LOL - I would guess in order to be a "certified weather fan" one would need to have an overwhelming fascination for severe weather such as tornados, hurricanes, flash floods, and the like.
For instance, most people run for cover when a tornado approaches. I run for the camcorder! Dangerous of course, but nothing like staring down an F5 with windspeeds of 300+ MPH and a base which extends 1/2 mile wide, to make you feel alive! Or depending upon how close it is to you, could make you feel quite sick at your stomach also. Hehe.
 
0
•••
sounds interesting, i can only suggest a skin which I am sure you are already planning
 
0
•••
I like pictures. For example:
http://images.google.com/images?q=storms&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Now how to get those pictures into your site, I can't say, but this is what gets people thinking and talking.

Your catagories seem to cover too much ground to start. It's hard to fill up the groups when you have so many, then the forum looks empty.

But, then again, everybody like to talk about the weather.

Just my 2 cents worth!

meljr
 
0
•••
Originally posted by meljr
I like pictures. For example:
http://images.google.com/images?q=storms&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Now how to get those pictures into your site, I can't say, but this is what gets people thinking and talking.

Your catagories seem to cover too much ground to start. It's hard to fill up the groups when you have so many, then the forum looks empty.

But, then again, everybody like to talk about the weather.

Just my 2 cents worth!

meljr

Thanks for the tip. Actually my brother told me the same thing so at some point today/tonight I will make some changes. ;)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back