Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

advice Staying anonymous from buyer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

rztski

New Member
Impact
0
Hey all

A while ago I bought a domain that matched someone's name (something like johnsmi.th). It's completely worthless to anyone else, but they are very wealthy and are the kind of person that would spend some money on it once they realise it.

I have friends who work for them, so if I ever sell this I would like to stay anonymous just to make sure there are no repercussions. Is there any way to stay anonymous throughout the whole process? I see mentions of closing documents in other threads that would make my details known.

If it matters, it's a .be domain and Whois shows none of my details. Thank you!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Sounds like you may want to hire a broker that has terms and policies to protect their clients identities and facilitate all communications, negotiating, etc themselves.

Godaddy domain brokerage
MediaOptions brokerage
Grit brokerage

Those generally protect a sellers anonymity.

There's many more out there.

You may want to research different brokerage services to see which one may work best for your needs.

Note: some brokers may not want to take you on as a client though, if there is potential blatant legal issues that could blow back at them.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Thank you, I'll look into these options.

I don't think there would be any legal issues for the broker, I'm not doing anything with the domain.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back