Domain Empire

status-resolved Question about stats

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
how did NamePros go from 209,068 members on May 6th 2014 to 956,734 members on May 13th 2014 with a layout change?

https://i.imgur.com/EQuQpON.png
EQuQpON.png

Uh-oh.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's not a "layout change", that's a complete change of software provider, but its a good question.

•••
That was a change of forum software; not a layout change on the same forum software.

There was a database crash on NamePros many years ago that caused metadata to become corrupt and a lot of data was lost. When we transitioned from vBulletin to XenForo (new forum software), we were able to recover certain parts of the data and clean up the database significantly.

The number of registered members in our statistics today reflects the true number of members that have registered on NamePros. It was inaccurate before due to the database corruption that occurred many years ago.

•••
It's clear you don't want anyone questioning your response which makes your answer suspect. Does Ron James still own this joint?

•••
•••
Gregr, I looked further through the archive and between 2009 and May 2014 days/weeks would go by without any new members or very few joining the forum. There was many database problems prior to the forum being updated to new software last year in May. I remember all the downtime the old software experienced.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back