NameSilo

Starting a proxy host.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

OttoYiu

VIP Member
Impact
21
Hi, I noticed that quite a lot of people were looking for hosting for their proxy sites without getting suspended.

I need some advice until I would like to invest on the building of a proxy hosting site.

Do you think this is profitable?

I am planning to do a Pay as you use system for proxy sites since they don't really profit from the ads at first.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I might be interested in helping you because I hate this too but obviously you would need other sites too. I know there would be a way for sure. Just having the money is the problem.
 
0
•••
I am planning to get a dedicated server and just use Webmin.
 
0
•••
ZestNetwork said:
I am planning to get a dedicated server and just use Webmin.

Webmin?
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
:imho: usually getting proxy servers should be a separate servers rather than used for hosting other websites as well, if not it will affect your hosting clients. :)
 
0
•••
weblord: I am going to start just a proxy host which only host proxy sites.

kjmz: Yes, it is free.
 
0
•••
There is a reason why people don't want to host proxy sites. I can't imagine a server with nothing but proxies. It would be a stressful situation for sure.
 
0
•••
I am going to get a cluster full of servers.
 
0
•••
It will cost a large amount of money and it would not be cost effective, a person running their own server may just be cheaper in the long run
 
0
•••
microdude431 said:
You will need powerful servers considering one proxy site can take up a whole CPU. It would take a good amount of money to invest.
How whole CPU?
Would you mind elaborating?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back