NameSilo

Starting a new domain type . Whatever

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Travis

VIP Member
Impact
48
How much money does it take to register a new type. I know of so many good ones that should be registered, but I cant find it anywere on the website that does that. Ive heard it cost like 50K, but Im not sure. Any help is needed.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
seems like this question is asked once every week or so.
 
0
•••
Yeah lol...

Well I would like to see .ed come out.
 
0
•••
perhaps namepros could make a FAQ
 
0
•••
domainSPOTLIGHT said:
seems like this question is asked once every week or so.

Do yo know the answer? I am also curious to know.
 
0
•••
In a thread I started it was said to be about $100,000.
 
0
•••
Yes I too have heard that but I've also heard lower prices. I've heard on another forum that for each domain regged under your new type you get s part of the reg fee.
 
0
•••
thekingstooge said:
Yes I too have heard that but I've also heard lower prices. I've heard on another forum that for each domain regged under your new type you get s part of the reg fee.

Yes, if you are to start a new extension, then you own the regristary and receive a large portion of every domain reg. However, you also have to pay for maintance, support, and other expenses. You also need to be approved by ICANN. There are a lot of submissions every year, but typically only 2 or 3 new extentions are added every year, which shows how difficult it is.

Tom
 
0
•••
AJ said:
In a thread I started it was said to be about $100,000.


thanks. very interesting.
 
0
•••
faisj said:
perhaps namepros could make a FAQ

Good idea B-)

I think to be fair there are so many threads here and alot of older members whom have talked about subjects many, many times before. I can understand this may be "boring" but it can be very difficult for a newbie to find answers. I do think there should be another thread maybe a newbie faq and I do love the idea of a dictionary for all those terms us newbies just dont know about :p

Just my thoughts :lol:
 
0
•••
I thought you needed your own county, you buy an island then make it a republic of yourname then you can have your own government,bank etc,etc.. then you can apply to ICANN for your own tld ;)
expensive work :(

Thanks
Dylan
 
0
•••
Also, if you have to pay for your extension to be considered, and if it isn't approved, you don't get a cahs back :'(
 
0
•••
JoshHendo said:
Also, if you have to pay for your extension to be considered, and if it isn't approved, you don't get a cahs back :'(

Now that really sucks :sick: D-:
 
0
•••
majinbuu1023 said:
I thought you needed your own county, you buy an island then make it a republic of yourname then you can have your own government,bank etc,etc.. then you can apply to ICANN for your own tld ;)
expensive work :(

Thanks
Dylan


AH' Just get a reseller plan and let the big companys do the rest.
less problems :wave:
 
0
•••
majinbuu1023 said:
I thought you needed your own county, you buy an island then make it a republic of yourname then you can have your own government,bank etc,etc.. then you can apply to ICANN for your own tld ;)
expensive work :(

Thanks
Dylan

Obviously you don;t need to own a country to apply for one. This is obvious for extensions like .xxx, .travel etc. They are not country sepcific nor have they been applied for and maintained by countries. Owning a country is probably the least troublesome way to get one granted and approved by ICANN, assuming you already have your own country. I hear those are tought to get. :hehe:
 
0
•••
Gonna buy me an island and call it sex, have it made a replubic and then have some .sex. :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back