Dynadot

Start developing your domain names for profit

NameSilo
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Think about the past year. 2021. Did you earn a profit from your domain name investments? If the answer is yes then, respectfully, this thread is not for you. It's not for the minority of successful domainers who have developed a successful system of domain name monetisation. It's for all of the domainers who invested and lost out. It's for everyone who came barnstorming into this industry with visions of success and now sit with a seemingly worthless portfolio of domain names that will almost certainly drop and un-sold, un-leased, un-parked and un-developed. It's for every domainer who feels duped by the industry, led down the garden path by certain appraisal tools and suggestive blog posts about domain name success. I know that I have many detractors here. Domainers who say domaining is selling and anything else is something else. That's their opinion. They are entitled to voice that opinion. But let this weekend be different for you. You do not have to accept the doom and gloom of investing in domain names and seeing them drop un-tapped back into the pool. Now is the time to use your domains and begin developing them. Now is the time to get started by adding a hosting package and creating a website. Development is the primary purpose of why domain names were first invented. So develop them. Go find a problem out there and solve it. That's what successful domain name developers do. Find problems and solve them. Make other people's lives easier by saving them time and / or money. Do it this weekend. Know that it's challenging. It's technically challenging if you aren't technical (and even if you are technical) to manage a C.M.S., e-mail accounts, S.S.L., theme modifications, logo design, S.E.O., written content, social media, advertising networks, friggin plug-ins, f&cking updates that break friggin plug-ins, monitor your competitors, research buyer intent keywords, stay updated with your industry, watch all the latest videos, keep motivated when you lose search ranking or someone scrapes your content / steals your idea etc etc etc etc etc. It's a continual headf&cked mangled meshy mess of technology, creativity, content, marketing and advertising. But in the end, when you overcome all of these challenges, and YOU CAN overcome all of these challenges, you sit back with three accomplishments. One you learnt new relevant skills ( more important than making money ), two you earned a profit from your domain name investment ( you made money ) and three you set your domain names free brothers and sisters. You gave them wings to fly in the sky. You gave them a life rather than a lifetime of captivity. I know that I will be ridiculed and scorned by the masses, and by a few people in particular, for this post. But if just one person from this amazing community of movers and shakers takes action this weekend it will have been worthwhile typing this somewhat inebriated post. And yes, I have been drinking again. And no I don't give a sh!t.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's easier said than done!
You forgot about marketing! That's the most important piece!

•••
It's easier said than done!
You forgot about marketing! That's the most important piece!
Can you do me a favour? Add something useful to the thread. I included marketing and I said it's not easy. You are a smart guy?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back