IT.COM

question SquadHelp....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
..is it really worth it?

Ok, so I have around 21 domains listed at SH and they have been parked up for some time. It's obvious just by looking at the statistics that they are being viewed and shortlisted but in terms of actual sales, I've only had one sell. That was via the installment option although after 3 months, the buyer pulled out and these stopped.

SH charge a higher commission and am actually wondering whether it's worth listing their at all. Maybe, I should pull all of my domains away and close the account and list them on Afternic as they may have a better chance of selling via Fast Transfer. As I only have a small SH portfolio compared to most, i am restricted on the number of domains I can 'authorise for Afternic'.

What has been your experience? Is SH actually worth it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While I have no idea the type of names you have on SH other than brandables. 1 sale out of 21 is a pretty good start. Yes it fail through, but that is no SH fault, it happens and we all move on. You got to keep money you got and get name back to sell again. But if STR on Branding Platforms average 2-3% then you have to be realistic to how many sales you will get with only 21 names.

•••
Well I'll not advice to remove them from SH if the names are brandable. Because you are getting real visit and real shortlisting for your domains. For listing on Afternic, SH has option of listing the name on Afternic too, so use that. SH is really doing great when it comes to marketing your names, they do PPC, FB advts and many more. So use them even if they charge 25/35% on sales. It's purely worth it.

This are just my thoughts, you can take a final call...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back