Dynadot

SquadHelp... worth it??

NameSilo
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
So, I have a number of brandable domains listed at SH as premium listings and to date, I have sold one name via an instalment plan.

All of my domains are receiving a good number of hits and they are being shortlisted but results are slow. I've have been investing in domains for a while and understand the 'be patient' rule but wondering if I should pull these and list them on Afternic (Fast Transfer) and DAN.com where i do seem to be getting better results?

SH commission is rather excessive too at 30%.
What would you do, stick or move?

Admin - please move if needed (y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should be able to list your names at Afternic without pulling them from SH, although it goes with a SH-level commission.

•••
You should be able to list your names at Afternic without pulling them from SH, although it goes with a SH-level commission.

Thanks, yes - i am aware of that but you need to have a minimum of 50 Premium listings on SH which I think is set quite high. Also, the commission structure for listing on both seems excessive.

Last edited:
•••
I have far less than 50 premium names and mine are listed at Afternic, not sure if they changed something about this rule but there were certainly no such limitations when I was listing mine.

•••
I'd suggest to read their own thread here and decide for yourself.
There is a guy with about 800 names and he only makes 1-2 sales a month, sometimes none ... he has to come publicly on the forums to give them a nudge so he can get a sale.
I see you have listed only about 20 names?
Well... you do the maths...

•••
I'd suggest to read their own thread here and decide for yourself.
There is a guy with about 800 names and he only makes 1-2 sales a month, sometimes none ... he has to come publicly on the forums to give them a nudge so he can get a sale.
I see you have listed only about 20 names?
Well... you do the maths...

Thanks - I must be one of the lucky one's then. Sold a name for $1,499 recently.

•••
•••
•••
I typically use Dan but I'm doing a trial run with Squadhelp.

I just found out that Squadhelp normally only offers Paypal and Payoneer payouts for transactions below $10,000. That's crazy. Why don't they offer ACH bank transfers?

I also found out that if you sell a name and the buyer prefers a different registrar, we have to transfer the name directly to the buyer, NOT to Squadhelp. Also bad in my opinion, since it's sometimes difficult to prove that we transferred the name. I thought Squadhelp acted as an escrow company and would receive the name like Dan does, but I guess not.

So... I'm not sure about Squadhelp at this point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back