Dynadot

Squadhelp worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
So they claim to get about 1million hits a month.

They have almost 100k domains.

If each domain only received 10 type ins a month.... We can conclude all their hits come from the domains. Im sure this isnt exactly the case but 1mill a month doesnt seem like a lot considering.

Anyone looked into where there traffic is coming from?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They advertise a lot. On social media and in various websites. I often see their retargeting ads.

•••
So they claim to get about 1million hits a month.

They have almost 100k domains.

If each domain only received 10 type ins a month.... We can conclude all their hits come from the domains. Im sure this isnt exactly the case but 1mill a month doesnt seem like a lot considering.

Anyone looked into where there traffic is coming from?
some domains brings a lot of traffic I have fwd most of my domains to my portfolio and got around 3,500-6,000 visits per day.

I think the main Squadhelp business core is naming contest. Your domains brings visitors to their Squadhelp website and visitor paying for a naming contest instead of your domain.

Jmho

Last edited:
•••
Is your domain worth it?

SquadHelp is not for every domain, if you got something real nice you will get a lot of exposure on there.

Like NameWell said, they advertise a lot, if you want to see what I mean, visit one of the domains on their site, soon you will start seeing them everywhere.

Brokers that work for their money deserve to be well compensated, I personally have some names there but only those I feel are premium that need many eye balls to get a good price.

•••
Deven Patel of Alter.com said that almost all of his traffic comes from type ins. This means that places like squadhelp only need to convince sellers to list there and buyers will follow naturally.

Although squadhelp ranks high for good keywords on google, so similarweb suggests 38.5% of their traffic comes from google searches, while 51% comes from direct type ins.

They advertise a lot. On social media and in various websites. I often see their retargeting ads.

They advertise to sellers. Sellers bring buyers. But the buyers specifically are brought in simply with the type ins.

•••
Deven Patel of Alter.com said that almost all of his traffic comes from type ins. This means that places like squadhelp only need to convince sellers to list there and buyers will follow naturally.

Although squadhelp ranks high for good keywords on google, so similarweb suggests 38.5% of their traffic comes from google searches, while 51% comes from direct type ins.

They advertise to sellers. Sellers bring buyers. But the buyers specifically are brought in simply with the type ins.

40% of traffic thats being spread across all domains on their site. This is tough. Ive got to figure out a game plan.

I mean whats more logical? Listing on your own site or these brandable sites? idk man.

The data seems to point to making your own website. But then again.. if only 25% of your sales account for traffic from their site... that makes up for a lot.

Im enjoying talking about these numbers.

•••
some domains brings a lot of traffic I have fwd most of my domains to my portfolio and got around 3,500-6,000 visits per day.

I think the main Squadhelp business core is naming contest. Your domains brings visitors to their Squadhelp website and visitor paying for a naming contest instead of your domain.

Jmho

thats a lot of traffic. Do you mind If I ask, does all the traffic come from just a few names or is it pretty evenly spread out? Also if youre interested in sharing how many names are in your portfolio. If not thats cool Thanks!

•••
40% of traffic thats being spread across all domains on their site. This is tough. Ive got to figure out a game plan.

I mean whats more logical? Listing on your own site or these brandable sites? idk man.

The data seems to point to making your own website. But then again.. if only 25% of your sales account for traffic from their site... that makes up for a lot.

Im enjoying talking about these numbers.

I'd say listing yourself should be more economical. Deven Patel was talking about that because his brandable marketplace charges only 10% commission. The logic is, since brandable sites are only glorified landing pages, they shouldn't charge more than landing pages do. 30% commission + listing price is a ripoff imo.

•••
I'd say listing yourself should be more economical. Deven Patel was talking about that because his brandable marketplace charges only 10% commission. The logic is, since brandable sites are only glorified landing pages, they shouldn't charge more than landing pages do. 30% commission + listing price is a ripoff imo.

I see what you mean. So many other variables though. I.E. You will make 30% more from the sale. But if your name sales faster because of a little more traffic on their site, thats more capital you can use to scale your portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
thats a lot of traffic. Do you mind If I ask, does all the traffic come from just a few names or is it pretty evenly spread out? Also if youre interested in sharing how many names are in your portfolio. If not thats cool Thanks!
I have 275 domains most of them are dot coms
The most visited ApartForSale*com because it was developed before (a real estate company). Vervice*com is skyrocketing for no reason later somebody got a dot org and traffic goes higher.
IMG_20210202_004951.png

•••
Cool. I like YoBucks. How much you selling it for?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back