NameSilo

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. smartwebby

smartwebby Smart Brand Names VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I feel the blame lies on all three parties, the Buyer (for not knowing the difference between a $30M and $30K domain, and for not reading the description), the Seller (for not insisting on a logo with a clear zero - 0 with the slash - and without the 1) and on SquadHelp (for the misleading logo, and for listing and then kicking the domain out).

I feel SH needs to understand the importance of the logo and take responsibility instead of passing the buck. They currently rule the roost and their position is well deserved but there is always room for improvement. Hopefully you will be able to sell it elsewhere @Coindoji.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP

Lol why you are angry and defensive? who is talking to you dude?

I love SH.. I just reported an observation of SH decline on Google trend, which is against my benefit because I am a SH seller.

So please discuss scientifically!

Thanks

3. LoodeX

LoodeX Established Member

I don't understand what you are attempting to say with providing pictures of a decline in google search with SquadHelp? You should of stopped before you post that

4. Ostrados

Oh boy!!

Ok here is it again:

Screenshot_20201117-093309_Chrome.jpg

I have the right to share it..
    Do you mind that?!!

5. LoodeX

Not really except my wishes

6. LoodeX

Ill repost it too and i'm very defensive and angry if it makes you happy

7. BRANDERX.COM

BRANDERX.COM Top Contributor VIP

It is so ridiculous that free submissions just sit there for weeks, it's ridiculous because it feels like i'm being punished for not paying in coins.

RIDICULOUS & all its synonyms.

imo

8. NameWell

NameWell Established Member

I'm under impression that names not getting reviewed in more than two weeks is caused by some kind of a glitch. But you can always remove such names and resubmit them right back. That should get them reviewed in under 72 hours or so.

I don't know if you ever tried BrandBucket, but when I did, I had to wait for 3-4 weeks for PAID submissions to be reviewed.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see anything ridiculous in offering something extra (i.e. fast reviews and higher commissions) for those who are paying. That's a very commonly spread business practice.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  9. BRANDERX.COM

They're reviewed now, it wasn't a glitch. They were sitting there for 3 weeks+

Anything over 2 weeks is ridiculous imo. Yes, you pay, you're entitled to faster reviews, 2-3 days, & 2 weeks for free reviews. Anything longer is not business friendly i'm sorry.

Be it BrandBucket, Squadhelp or any other.

10. jiy k

jiy k Established Member

Hello,
    In Standard Listing of SQ, what does Exp Commission besides List price means.
    Thanks.

11. NameWell

NameWell Established Member

At least in my case they review vast majority of unpaid entries within one week. If some of my names do get stuck for a longer time, I remove them and resubmit them. That usually solves the problem. Therefore it seems to me more like a glitch rather than something Squadhelp intended.

12. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Owner - BrandAim.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

So far in November I've had one sale at the start of the month at sh. There has been a sharp decline in shortlists, views and overall buyer interest at squadhelp. I should add that afternic is performing very well this month for brandable and non brandable .com. Also closed a .net on afternic this week.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  13. JudgeMind

that will be what you receive NET if your domain sells

14. Ostrados

Me too I noticed sharp decline in views and shortlists. I wonder if SH reduced advertising.

15. JudgeMind

It’s more likely that their marketing is not increasing with their inventory. About 40% of traffic to my names used to be squadhelp influenced. Now it only account for 20-25%.

Id be interested to know what % of other sellers traffic is squadhelp influenced as per their dashboard metrics.

16. BRANDERX.COM

I have some other free subs pending review, so I went ahead & asked them (could it be a glitch), they replied "it is not a glitch, reviews are taking longer & the team is working hard".

So it is not a glitch.. :xf.wink:

17. Kwikkie

Kwikkie Established Member

I wanted to list a domain but when I press submit I get "Insufficient coins balance".

However I do have 5 coins (also indicated in green).

They're looking into it but have not heard from them. Anyone else had this issue before?

18. Ostrados

My SH influenced traffic is 76%

Your number at 20% is very low maybe you have much higher type-in traffic than me.

What is your average daily views per name? (Divide average views / total domains).. mine is around 1.3 to 1.5.

19. JudgeMind

mine is also around 1.0 - 1.3 average daily views
    i get very little marketing exposure now, my stats have looked like this for a few months now.
    upload_2020-11-22_10-2-22.png

i feel that as the portfolio got larger, squadhelp did not promote the portfolio as much and started trying to rely on type in and backlink traffic.
    upload_2020-11-22_10-5-9.png

It seemed that as my portfolio got larger, i was actually selling less names (%). I'm certain there are multiple variables affecting this, but bottom line is, when i look at stats now compared to stats from a year ago, things have changed. Also no longer getting great support at sh, i see they read my messages, but sometimes i wait for days before hearing back and even then its usually only if i post a follow up comment.

20. Ostrados

@JudgeMind

I expected that you have higher views ratio from type-in traffic but it seems you dont, so I find your SH influenced numbers oddly low.

I think you need to work on classification, categories and root words. I dedicate a lot of time on these things each time I add new domains. Also I from time to time I check my old domains and modify names with low completeness score.

Btw dont rely on paid classification I tried it couple of times and got bad results, sometimes they dont even fill all possible uses! I advice you to do it yourself.

21. JudgeMind

every one of my premium listings has excellent classification. I actually paid to have Squadhelp classify and describe most of the 576 listings. Perhaps @GrantP could supply me with rationale as to why the Squadhelp influenced traffic for my portfolio is so low. I’ve done everything I was told to do by squadhelp, so I’m lost as to the reasoning behind their lack of marketing on my portfolio.

Quite frustrating to say the least. As I’ve paid hundreds of dollars to have Squadhelp “expert classify” my portfolio, purchase super boosts weekly at a cost of $32/week, adjust my pricing to be competative <$2000, apply discounts to domains weekly, submit to contests and allow others to as well..... there’s nothing else I can do. I’ve spent hundreds of hours making sure my portfolio is optimized. I feel it boils down to lack of marketing..

Just sharing my experience and informing all of you what’s working and what’s not.

this will be my last post in this thread for some time. Watch for other marketplace review threads coming soon.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  22. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

I'm at 28%, it was 26% earlier today and looks like the average for all SH premium listings is at 37%, so not to far away.

23. gblasting

gblasting Established Member

I don't seem to have access to this chart on my dashboard. Is this one of the benefits reserved for large portfolio holders? Can't find 'access to analytics' on the benefit tiers page as well. @GrantP

24. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

This kind of thing is bound to happen when a marketplace grows by such a massive margin in such a short period of time.Bubble might be bursting.

I suspect SH has done well thus far with very low pricing. Problem is that is not even helpful when there are so many other names priced the same way.Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

25. JudgeMind

It’s in detailed analytics under premium listings

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice