Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is not a major issue, but I thought I should post at the chance they view and make the correction.

But when you submit any domain for any level of basic , basic plus or premium it essentially goes into a vortex of the " not for sale " matrix.

in that 48 hours approx if any end user types domain in url they get redirected to squadhelp marketplace with no view or mention of that said domain, and then if they even search it again in their search bar it only gives other domains for viewing.

again , not a huge problem, but not that great.

•••
You know everytime i click on websites, like any websites, i see squadhelp advertisement. Squadhelp is like everywhereeee i go looool. Very massive digital marketing strategy.
Pretty sure that only happens 'cause of cookies due to your being at their website. I've noticed the same thing. Not unique to them, of course.

Sorry, I guess @xeroox said this already, basically.

Last edited:
•••
It is a shame they do not allow contest entries for domains that are not on their own marketplace.

The frustrating thing for me has been seeing contests that end in a few days whereby I have a domain at another marketplace like Brandpa that would work perfectly.

Like there is a current contest for a brandable and unique name for kids and infants, and I would love to submit Kidla / com for example but I can't because it is at Brandpa.

•••
Their goal is to lock you in with an exclusive listing using their landing pages. Understandable.

•••
It is a shame they do not allow contest entries for domains that are not on their own marketplace.

The frustrating thing for me has been seeing contests that end in a few days whereby I have a domain at another marketplace like Brandpa that would work perfectly.

Like there is a current contest for a brandable and unique name for kids and infants, and I would love to submit Kidla / com for example but I can't because it is at Brandpa.

It depends on the contest holder.
Note: You are allowed to submit your premium domains from Squadhelp Marketplace to any naming contests. Unless explicitly mentioned in the brief, you are not allowed to submit any names listed on third party marketplaces or websites.

•••
Their goal is to lock you in with an exclusive listing using their landing pages. Understandable.

Yes it is understandable I guess.

•••
Edited:

Although the goal of my original post was to offer additional context about SH, as well as the evolution of marketplace, it ended up being too long - and included some aspects which are already covered in this page:

https://www.squadhelp.com/sell-domain-names

Thanks @JudgeMind for starting this thread, and to everyone else for participating.

I look forward to connecting with many of you - and if you have any suggestions for improvements, we welcome that feedback :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@GrantP The real support from everyone here will come from members actually getting sales at SquadHelp. I've only been a seller on your platform for around 6 weeks, I have 96 listings and have been listing more daily. I like the direction SquadHelp is going and I think its a great place for investors to sell their brands. Some feedback I've gotten so far is that folks feel the commissions are very high. Though unlike brand bucket, I like that there is no logo fee paid if the name sells. Should squadhelp consider reducing their commission rates a bit to be competitive with other marketplaces, I think you'll find a lot of investors jumping ship from BB and BP to take advantage. Thank you for being part of this thread!

•••
I am really impressed with Squadhelp, its something which going to outnumber any of brandable marketplace. If my calculation correct Squadhelp sold more domains than BP.

I like the way they treat each & every of seller equal.

•••
•••
•••
Number of sales

How do you know the nummers of sales on BP and Squadhelp and can you tell us more about your calculations?

•••
Edited:

Although the goal of my original post was to offer additional context about SH, as well as the evolution of marketplace, it ended up being too long - and included some aspects which are already covered in this page:

https://www.squadhelp.com/sell-domain-names

Thanks @JudgeMind for starting this thread, and to everyone else for participating.

I look forward to connecting with many of you - and if you have any suggestions for improvements, we welcome that feedback :)

I actually have a suggestion . I wonder if i should drop it here or via your inbox.

•••
How do you know the nummers of sales on BP and Squadhelp and can you tell us more about your calculations?

I use to scan those name by pulling from there database, You can then validate the domain name "NS change" there you got some less name which changed "NS" its bit lengthy process I can't explain here. You can DM me for further explanation.

•••
I use to scan those name by pulling from there database, You can then validate the domain name "NS change" there you got some less name which changed "NS" its bit lengthy process I can't explain here. You can DM me for further explanation.
I am sorry but this cannot be 100% , are you aware many users can forward names and thus use no NS? You cannot detect such things. I know sales that took place last month and this month that had no NS, you cannot get those at ALL. Also you kind seem to be comparing Squad Help with BP all the time and so quick, how about we give SH their time and spotlight without all the time bringing BP into the conversation? Afterall, the thread is about SquadHelp , not BP, as BP has its own thread where you can post:)

•••
I actually have a suggestion . I wonder if i should drop it here or via your inbox.
I think it would be nice to post here, since it is a suggestion, so all members can share then input on it and even improve it, afterall, it is for the benefit of everyone right

•••
I am sorry but this cannot be 100% , are you aware many users can forward names and thus use no NS? You cannot detect such things. I know sales that took place last month and this month that had no NS, you cannot get those at ALL. Also you kind seem to be comparing Squad Help with BP all the time and so quick, how about we give SH their time and spotlight without all the time bringing BP into the conversation? Afterall, the thread is about SquadHelp , not BP, as BP has its own thread where you can post:)
I am not comparing BP and other with SquadHelp, I just expressed my thought, there are still Pros and Cons associated with each and every brandable marketplace.

Here is something which everyone interested in reading and why I thought its best.

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/domain-marketplace/what-is-squadhelp-domain-marketplace

•••
I am not comparing BP and other with SquadHelp, I just expressed my thought, there are still Pros and Cons associated with each and every brandable marketplace.
Yes you did express your thought but when for example you said you can confirm SH made more sales than BP, that is straight comparison, which , with all due respect, I believe, is not something that you can confirm at ALL. Or even when you said, SH is 200 times better than BP. Anyways, it is better to focus on what and which marketplace this thread is about, and that is SquadHelp:)

•••
Until SH allows listing without using their landing pages we can’t even know if they have any organic activity in their marketplace or not.

Since they’ve apparently gotten to where they’re accepting most any domain

and require exclusivity

there will be no way to know if a given domain is getting exposure due to its name (landing page) or anything at all due to SH marketplace. Will be no way to compare.
It is impossible to make a meaningful comparison between a marketplace like SH that mandates using their landing pages, and requires exclusivity (may not list anywhere else), because there is no way to list simultaneously the same domains at SH and...someplace else.

The closest comparison you could do is to list the EXACT same domains at say, some other marketplace, using their landing pages, and NOT listing anyplace else, for say, six months, and then listing the SAME domains at SH for a consecutive six month period (or, vice versa, listing at SH first, and then someplace else), however even this test wouldn't necessarily be reliable, because what if a few names sold at the place you first listed them at, during the first six month period, and then none sold at the second marketplace. Would this mean that the first marketplace is better, or simply that the better names sold off first and what was left wasn't saleable?

It really doesn't take a genius to realize that a claim like
If my calculation correct Squadhelp sold more domains than BP.
or anything along those lines is completely unverifiable, and more importantly, irrelevant even if it were verifiable. Since SH is an exclusive marketplace, that means that names listed there may not be listed elsewhere so it's absurd to claim that SH is selling more domains, even if this were true, the domains listed at SH are not listed for sale anywhere else, so, what are you comparing anyway? You're not comparing the same domains.

Unless there is a way to compare the exact same set of domains listed at both SH and someplace else simultaneously, you will always be left guessing as to whether one marketplace or the other is better.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just refreshed my marketplace dashboard and seen amazing new dashboard that is still in beta , but looking at the stats it is showing, it is just WOW. SH is indeed entering into the market of domain selling very strong I would say. Great job guys.

•••
Just refreshed my marketplace dashboard and seen amazing new dashboard that is still in beta , but looking at the stats it is showing, it is just WOW. SH is indeed entering into the market of domain selling very strong I would say. Great job guys.

Agreeed, the new dashboard is impressive! Defo the best and most comprehensive dashboard out there imo

•••
I joined awhile ago and kinda forgot about it til recently. Site is good they do have a couple bugs to fix (I am in discussion with support team now getting them ironed out for better experience for all.)

Looking forward to giving it a try on a bigger scale. Good luck to all at SH marketplace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back