IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're not getting it. You're not the one that will tell me to optimize my portfolio. I sell names on Afternic and Dan regularly. And have been optimizing my portfolio from day one on SH. The point is that, SH should do better, putting the amount of commission they collect into considerations
You can list your names as standard names and pay just 7.5% commission, those are basically like premium names but without the marketing boost. They don't even force you to pay the higher commission, the choice is yours: premium listing with marketing boost and higher commission, or standard listing with low commission but without marketing boost. Although I don't know if it's possible to downgrade your existing premium names to standard listings, but if you can always list your new names as standard listings should you think that the higher commission isn't worth it.

You can check the premium analytics and see the SH-influenced traffic to your landers. Have you checked that page? Data & Insights - Analytics (Premium). So you can judge whether that extra SH-influenced traffic is worth the extra commission or not.

•••
friendly advice to you: instead of bashing the platform and other sellers, try to learn new things, improve your potfolio and listen to the feedback.
Bashing the platform? Hardly. By the way, I started buying names in 1996 and started selling them a few years later. I'm far from new. Perhaps you should listen to some feedback?

•••
You can list your names as standard names and pay just 7.5% commission, those are basically like premium names but without the marketing boost. They don't even force you to pay the higher commission, the choice is yours: premium listing with marketing boost and higher commission, or standard listing with low commission but without marketing boost. Although I don't know if it's possible to downgrade your existing premium names to standard listings, but if you can always list your new names as standard listings should you think that the higher commission isn't worth it.

You can check the premium analytics and see the SH-influenced traffic to your landers. Have you checked that page? Data & Insights - Analytics (Premium). So you can judge whether that extra SH-influenced traffic is worth the extra commission or not.

Bruh, just

This shows you have limited knowledge of 'how things work'. Remain delusional.

•••
Anyone problems with visual generated image or even logo for premium domains ?
Not show on any browser 🤷 for my domains

AI from Squadhelp detect 2 domains that fit for premium , both have term "ai" 😍

•••
Anyone problems with visual generated image or even logo for premium domains ?
Not show on any browser 🤷 for my domains

AI from Squadhelp detect 2 domains that fit for premium , both have term "ai" 😍

No one ? ..can say what is happening ?
Anyone same situation like me ?

Thanks in advance

•••
•••
Maybe was only from my side ( but phone & PC ?!? )...maybe have a glitch SH 🤷 because now working 😍

•••
Decided to try out SH. Submitted 5 domains for Premium. 2 have been accepted, the others are still pending reviews. We'll see...

Last edited:
•••
Decided to try out SH. Submitted 5 domains for Premium. 2 have been accepted, the others are still pending reviews. We'll see...
Please keep updating, if you remember.

I'm taking another look at SH myself. They've sold about 4/110 domains for me so far over 18 months, but in the last 2 weeks I've added about 250 more names to SH and plan to take that up to at least 1000. I've decided to throw some cash at their platform over the next 2-3 years and see if I can make something happen. Doing the same on BrandBucket.

In my model, every domain I get accepted to SH is worth $25/year to me. So I'm willing to spend right around $25 max per name (e.g., when I buy names here), but try to come in lower if I can.

FWIW, I have about a 50% acceptance rate on hand regs at SH, and average price around $2500. If I have to reg 2 names for every one I get accepted then I put my costs around $18/name on SH ($8 per name + 2 SH coins). It's not a huge margin but I think it can work if I can maintain an acceptance rate >= 50% and STR >= 2%, which I think is doable.

Anyone else have a similar model, or think mine is stupid?

•••

I'm taking another look at SH myself. They've sold about 4/110 domains for me so far over 18 months, but in the last 2 weeks I've added about 250 more names to SH and plan to take that up to at least 1000. I've decided to throw some cash at their platform over the next 2-3 years and see if I can make something happen. Doing the same on BrandBucket.

In my model, every domain I get accepted to SH is worth $25/year to me. So I'm willing to spend right around $25 max per name (e.g., when I buy names here), but try to come in lower if I can.

FWIW, I have about a 50% acceptance rate on hand regs at SH, and average price around $2500. If I have to reg 2 names for every one I get accepted then I put my costs around $18/name on SH ($8 per name + 2 SH coins). It's not a huge margin but I think it can work if I can maintain an acceptance rate >= 50% and STR >= 2%, which I think is doable.

Good luck, mate. I'll keep you updated.

Myself, I don't have many domains, (around 100 in 'keeper' portolio, excluding questionable ones) and I'm still a bit hesitant moving over to SH, so just trying the system with some of the names. I deal only hand regs, don't have any other names. The 1st name they accepted was actually a hand reg from yesterday (and I mean hand reg, the name was never registered ever before).

Last edited:
•••

May I ask if you have sold any through SH?
EDIT: Sorry, the number is in the message. Need to take a rest I guess.

So another question: was it worth it? How are you doing on SH vs other marketplaces?

Last edited:
•••
Was it worth it? How are you doing on SH vs other marketplaces?

Remains to be seen but I'm cautiously optimistic. They've sold a couple names for me that I'd been holding for years and hadn't sold on Afternic even when priced cheaper (e.g., wax // ly. com they sold for around $6k).

It's really depends on the name though, I think. Made up words are so hard to sell without BB/SH (that said, @twiki sold one yesterday via SEDO so nothing is hard and fast).

Without a brandable marketplace involved you're counting on a buyer to think up the name on their own. For some names that seems reasonable, for some it's not. It's really a case by case choice.

I haven't been on BB very long (couple months) but they've already sold a name for me that I'd been sitting on for 10 years (and for $4k at that). In general BB seems to be pickier and price higher, and also takes a month to approve/reject a name whereas SH sometimes approves them within an hour. I would prefer to sell all names on BB rather than SH because they are the market leader, I think their logos are better, and they write the descriptions and do the pricing themselves whereas SH heavily uses AI for that. But they are just so damn slow to work with. I have over 150 domains waiting for review with them right now.

I've also tried Brandpa but haven't been impressed. I haven't tried Brandnic yet.

Bottom line - I decided I need a "team." I am not getting where I want working on my own, so I want to see if I can get caught in someone else's updrift. SH just raised $10MM and they're going to spend it somewhere. I've decided to lean into their platform and see what happens (while also continuing my normal efforts on Afternic).

For what it's worth, I have about 2000 com names now (and around 500 of those on SH/BB). This month I have added ~400 more names and plan to continue adding ~250/month if I can find enough good names to buy. Most of my sales come through Afternic, like most others here.

•••
Remains to be seen but I'm cautiously optimistic. They've sold a couple names for me that I'd been holding for years and hadn't sold on Afternic even when priced cheaper (e.g., wax // ly. com they sold for around $6k).

It's really depends on the name though, I think. Made up words are so hard to sell without BB/SH (that said, @twiki sold one yesterday via SEDO so nothing is hard and fast).

Without a brandable marketplace involved you're counting on a buyer to think up the name on their own. For some names that seems reasonable, for some it's not. It's really a case by case choice.

I haven't been on BB very long (couple months) but they've already sold a name for me that I'd been sitting on for 10 years (and for $4k at that). In general BB seems to be pickier and price higher, and also takes a month to approve/reject a name whereas SH sometimes approves them within an hour. I would prefer to sell all names on BB rather than SH because they are the market leader, I think their logos are better, and they write the descriptions and do the pricing themselves whereas SH heavily uses AI for that. But they are just so damn slow to work with. I have over 150 domains waiting for review with them right now.

I've also tried Brandpa but haven't been impressed. I haven't tried Brandnic yet.

Bottom line - I decided I need a "team." I am not getting where I want working on my own, so I want to see if I can get caught in someone else's updrift. SH just raised $10MM and they're going to spend it somewhere. I've decided to lean into their platform and see what happens (while also continuing my normal efforts on Afternic).

For what it's worth, I have about 2000 com names now (and around 500 of those on SH/BB). This month I have added ~400 more names and plan to continue adding ~250/month if I can find enough good names to buy. Most of my sales come through Afternic, like most others here.
Thanks for sharing this! Really appreciate it.
I'm currently trying SH with mostly "AI domains" (in king).

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing this! Really appreciate it.
I'm currently trying SH with mostly "AI domains" (in king).

Awesome! They seem to like accepting Keyword+AI domains (I guess everyone does though).

Speaking of AI, they just rolled out a new tool - the AI Grading tool (it's under the Data and Insights menu) . You can enter a list of domains you're considering buying and their AI will tell you if it's likely to be accepted.

It generates plenty of false positives / negatives, so you'll need to add your own critical thinking, but it has been enormously useful for me so far and has significantly improved my approval rate on hand regs. I hope it's helpful for you too.

The other thing they've added is they will now flag your standard listings that they think would get accepted as premium. I only had about 10 standard listings, but all 3 that they flagged as a good fit
did get accepted quickly. It seems to be based on the same AI as the grading tool, but presumably also has traffic data to consider.

Last edited:
•••
Awesome! They seem to like accepting Keyword+AI domains (I guess everyone does though).

Speaking of AI, they just rolled out a new tool - the AI Grading tool (it's under the Data and Insights menu) . You can enter a list of domains you're considering buying and their AI will tell you if it's likely to be accepted.

It generates plenty of false positives / negatives, so you'll need to add your own critical thinking, but it has been enormously useful for me so far and has significantly improved my approval rate on hand regs. I hope it's helpful for you too.

The other thing they've added is they will now flag your standard listings that they think would get accepted as premium. I only had about 10 standard listings, but all 3 that they flagged as a good fit
did get accepted quickly. It seems to be based on the same AI as the grading tool, but presumably also has traffic data to consider.
Thank you!! Will try it for sure. :xf.smile:

Brief update: 3 out of 5 accepted now. 2 left in review.

•••
It looks funny:
Screenshot_20230629_151259.png

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
I have had a good performance with SH and made my first 5 figure with them besides having couple of 4 figures with them before the 5 figure came

Last edited:
•••
I have had a good performance with SH and made my first 5 figure with them besides having couple of 4 figures with them before the 5 figure came
Hi, that's great congratulations!

May I ask you how many premium domains have you listed at SH?

Do you also have regular listings and the WLM marketplace? Any sales from these listings?

•••
Thank you!! Will try it for sure. :xf.smile:

Brief update: 3 out of 5 accepted now. 2 left in review.
All 5 were approved. Added another 17 domains - 3/17 have been approved. Others still in review.

Last edited:
•••
All 5 were approved. Added another 17 domains - 3/17 have been approved. Others still in review.
Awesome! Congrats :)

Would you share the names?

•••
Awesome! Congrats :)

Would you share the names?
Thank you. 2 more have been approved, however, one was rejected (SympathyAI in king).

I'll DM you the list since I don't want to spam the thread with names.

•••
Anyone here anything about the "new" Squadhelp that was supposed to be coming out soon?

•••
Anyone here anything about the "new" Squadhelp that was supposed to be coming out soon?

They've rolled out a bunch of UI updates already, plus the new AI grader. Anything in particular you're waiting on?

I also heard on the DNW pod with Hilco (the investor that just gave them $10MM) that they have plans to roll out a premium domains marketplace for the higher value domains (5 figures +). Haven't seen anything else about that yet though.

•••
they have plans to roll out a premium domains marketplace for the higher value domains (5 figures +). Haven't seen anything else about that yet though.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on it.

•••

im not impressed with brandpa and I didnt get anything i put forward approved on BB, but SH I have about 12 on there now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back