Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GrantP would be great if you chime in here

•••
•••
Here the category name contains the word "beauty".
It's correct, all these names are based on the root word "quality". Visit their landing pages, and you will see it under the "Root Words" section, on their landing pages. The sellers fill in these root words, they can enter here anything.
Moreover when there are multiple with same category, those with matching root word should come first 🤷🏽‍♂️

•••
There are lots and lots of "little issues" at Squadhelp. They could really use some squad-help.

... if they gave a squad about it ;)

•••
I started SH last year in September, now have 115 premiums listed with just a single sale. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Tho I'm trying to diversify my portfolio to Tech/Crypto keywords it seems they are selling more in the two industry

•••
I would like to address some of the recent comments.

1. Of the 60,000+ names listed in SH marketplace, we currently have 1 name that is solely owned by SH. All other names are either owned by sellers, or are registered by SH on behalf of other sellers who receive a commission when the name sells.

2. None of the SH discovery algorithms (e.g. sorting, AI) differentiate names based on registration type or commission rates. In other words, a name does not achieve a higher ranking in the Marketplace because it is registered by SH (where SH commission is higher).

3. We price most recent hand-regs in the $1699 to $2000 price range - this pricing applies to SH owned domains as well as seller owned domains. This is not meant to undercut anyone - we just find this range to be the optimal price point for most hand-reg names. Over time, as we collect additional analytics, we do increase the pricing for several SH registered domains. Sellers also have the flexibility to make some adjustments to those prices (higher or lower) for both seller owned and SH registered domains.

I looked into this specific domain. Your domain, s/t/o/r/k/s/y/./c/o/m was submitted to SH on Sep 30, at 7:38AM CST, and was rejected on Sep 30, at 6:06pm CST.

The other domain, s/t/o/r/k/z/i.com was submitted as an unregistered domain by another seller on Sep 25 at 8:26 pm (5 days before your submission). It was approved by SH on Sep 29th at 6:07pm CST (1 day before your submission) and registered by SH on behalf of other creative on Sep 29th at 8:47pm CST. (still 1 day before your submission). This can also be verified via Whois info in case you are interested.

As a background, we get more than 200,000 unregistered domain submissions per month to SH contests (in addition to several thousand unregistered marketplace submissions). It would be unethical for us to take seller's or creative's ideas and then register our own names based on those ideas.

We understand that it can take time to build trust with a marketplace or any business for that matter. We have a 24x7 support team that can help answer any such concerns. You can certainly disagree with our approval or rejection criteria. However, please use your best judgement before implying a business may be engaging in unethical or "slimy" practices.
Lol. I'm just seeing this after a year. I actually own Storkzi.com(SH registered) and also Duckzi(SH registered too) and I was not even aware Storksy.com was submitted for review. Thanks

•••
@GrantP how long before crypto payouts are adopted on SquadHelp?

•••
If you're reading this thread wondering if you should list your domains on Squadhelp.

@GrantP hasn't replied here since Jul 29, 2021

-People are leaving.
-Their dashboard stats are broken.
-If you don't use coins, they don't let you list on Afternic (even though they would get the commission difference if you sold it there!)
-People with Premium Portfolio sizes of 600 are reporting less than 1 sale a month.

That's just the start.

Squadhelp showed a lot of potential IMO but the development has just stopped. Literal stand still.

•••
If you're reading this thread wondering if you should list your domains on Squadhelp.

-People are leaving.
-If you don't use coins, they don't let you list on Afternic (even though they would get the commission difference if you sold it there!)
-People with Premium Portfolio sizes of 600 are reporting less than 1 sale a month.

That's just the start.

Squadhelp showed a lot of potential IMO but the development has just stopped. Literal stand still.
are the stats really broken? i am getting quite a lot of hits and actions but no sales. i am starting to believe this now :o

•••

-People are leaving.

That's just the start.

This was bound to happen when you get 125K plus names on a site in two years time. Not even including the WLM which imo is the only thing you should use SH for.

•••
This was bound to happen when you get 125K plus names on a site in two years time. Not even including the WLM which imo is the only thing you should use SH for.
Do you have any premium published domain at Squadhelp?

•••
Follow along, I'm just getting started.

•••
Do you have any premium published domain at Squadhelp?
I do but that has zero to do with their ability to get names sold with such huge inventory doesn’t it?

•••
I do but that has zero to do with their ability to get names sold with such huge inventory doesn’t it?

This is actually an interesting point.

Has anyone had non-premium domain sales on SH?

Personally have had more success with Dan, in terms of lander conversion.

Anyways, it just seems like SH doesn't care.

•••
There was a bug on Squadhelp, I sold a domain in installments, and I kept receiving the installment payments until this month. But this month I saw that my account balance is negative. I asked the support why, and it was a bug, now it has been fixed.

So don't forget to check your account balance and your payouts each month, make sure that you receive the correct amount each month. If you see negative balance, that might be a bug.

•••
I was using their WL Marketplace and really liked it at first. But then I found bugs and issues and problems... and finally decided to jump ship.

•••

That's just the start.

I have a portfolio over 600 names, and have much less than 1 sale a month. Less than 1% sales rate.
But I kept small portfolios elsewhere, and results aren't better. On one other platform, there has been no sales for years.

Not sure what else to try on it. But would be interested to find out more on sales rates now, as for me sales are so low it is becoming concerning.

Last edited:
•••
I have a portfolio over 600 names, and have much less than 1 sale a month. Less than 1% sales rate.
But I kept small portfolios elsewhere, and results aren't better. On one other platform, there has been no sales for years.

Not sure what else to try on it. But would be interested to find out more on sales rates now, as for me sales are so low it is becoming concerning.

do you have a Squadhelp premium marketplace approved portfolio of 600 or the 600 names spread over various platforms?

•••
I have 570 premium domains listed there, but no sales/offers for 70+ days.

•••
I have 570 premium domains listed there, but no sales/offers for 70+ days.

yes something happened around October last year, since then it is very quiet for me also. Although currently have only around 200 names with them. They might need to catch up with marketing after they exponentially grew the premium marketplace

•••
I sold a domain 8 months ago on Squadhelp with monthly installment payments, today I checked the domain and it is still pointing to Squadhelp.

I can't understand why would someone keep paying the monthly fee for 8 months without using that domain? They could use the domain or just stop the installment payments. Anyway, it is good for me that they keep paying, I just don't understand it...

And there are many domains which were bought for thousands of dollars many months or even years ago but the domain is still pointing nowhere.

It's interesting that some buyers pay thousands of dollars for a domain but then they don't use the domain at all, they don't even list it for sale.

•••
And there are many domains which were bought for thousands of dollars many months or even years ago but the domain is still pointing nowhere.
I've had lots like this. In some cases they haven't even changed the contact information. They haven't touched the name at all -- they just paid for it, that's it. Very strange, I don't understand it either.

•••
I sold a domain 8 months ago on Squadhelp with monthly installment payments, today I checked the domain and it is still pointing to Squadhelp.

I can't understand why would someone keep paying the monthly fee for 8 months without using that domain? They could use the domain or just stop the installment payments. Anyway, it is good for me that they keep paying, I just don't understand it...

It's interesting that some buyers pay thousands of dollars for a domain but then they don't use the domain at all, they don't even list it for sale.
It happens often for various reasons. I also like to go back and check whether the end user has already put the name into good use and draw a conclusion if the domain is used for a specific industry I envisioned. For example two years ago I sold a name to a young real estate guru. He just put up a great site recently for his project. So your domain might be used when the timing is perfect for the entrepreneur.

•••
do you have a Squadhelp premium marketplace approved portfolio of 600 or the 600 names spread over various platforms?
600 plus at Squadhelp.

•••
Hey, guys, both Premium and Standard listings are exclusive or the Premium only? If I have standard listings. can I sell in other marketplaces?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back