Dynadot

domain SpiritGuru.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RamAvatar

Impact
Hi! I've been trying to get this site up and running and got stuck (motivation-wise), I'm considering selling it. All I need is an honest opinion, is it worth anything? Brandable? What the chances that it will increase in value significantly over time?

The domain is new, someone else owns and is trying to sell the .com I believe. I also own the facebook page for it.
The site is indexed by google, but there isn't much traffic, the site has no SEO, and no marketing of any kind was done because of lack of content which I'm not getting around to making.

It was intended to be a wiki, not for profit type, like wikipedia, thus I chose the .org, I'm not sure whether this takes away from it's value for someone who wants a business site and would probably go for a .com. I think the .com of SpiritGuru is praised around $120.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a specific niche brandable which is hard to appraise because it's worth whatever someone might be willing to pay for it and is determined by their personal liking to the name, just like any brandable. Some my not bother to give it a second look, one might think it's very catchy for their line of work and think it's the best stuff on earth. There is no obvious value that can be measured by it so it can't be given an appraisal IMHO.

Being a .ORG hurts even more, although it fits the extension with the type of content.

I myself personally would invest my time into promoting and building the site into something rather than putting the time into selling the name, it would be a hard sale without the big reward.

G'luck

•••
What you say makes total sense tomcarl, thank you. I am starting to think that my original idea is a bit less attractive to users than I had thought at first, however I don't know that for sure until I try, get some hundred pages of content and push it around on niche outlets and see if people get involved with it. As an open wiki then content would become not a problem, as users would provide all the content.

My other problem is I'm having some technical issues with the site and it's quite a bit over my skills and knowledge to fix, I'd have to get a pro's help but I don't really have much money to put into it. Still, I'm sorry to let it die out like this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back