IT.COM

Speculative buyers vs. End users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I would ideally prefer to sell to the person who will develop the domain into a real internet presence as opposed to selling to another speculator.

Where do we find end-users as opposed to people like myself?
I imagine most people here are name sellers, am I right?

I have read that there are various firms (law firms, consultants etc) that specialize in setting up new web companies which includes buying them a quality domain names . Are those people visiting sites this and Sedo?

I have also read in this form someone suggest contacting existing businesses in your domain's field of interest. Is an unsolicited email to them, considered spam? I have a personal policy of never emailing anyone without a courtesy phone call first. Am I being too cautious.

I hope none of these questions are repeats, but I read the board and didn't see any like them.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personal contacts always work best (ie someone you know, a company you do business with, etc.) as a way to get in the door.

Don't try to sell a domain name that has the company's name in it to that company because that would probably any "good faith" credit you had up until that point.

If the end user is really looking for your name, they'll find it. Just make sure it's easy to find, reasonably priced, and advertised well.

For instance, I'm on a number of law boards, and in my sig I rotate sites and lists through that I'm "trying to sell" (Of course only on boards that allow such promotion).

My .02

-Allan

RaptorRex said:
I would ideally prefer to sell to the person who will develop the domain into a real internet presence as opposed to selling to another speculator.

Where do we find end-users as opposed to people like myself?
I imagine most people here are name sellers, am I right?

I have read that there are various firms (law firms, consultants etc) that specialize in setting up new web companies which includes buying them a quality domain names . Are those people visiting sites this and Sedo?

I have also read in this form someone suggest contacting existing businesses in your domain's field of interest. Is an unsolicited email to them, considered spam? I have a personal policy of never emailing anyone without a courtesy phone call first. Am I being too cautious.

I hope none of these questions are repeats, but I read the board and didn't see any like them.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back