Dynadot

Spam in the name of GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Yo Pros!!

Sent by: [email protected]

If clicked on the given link----------DANG!!!!

SPAM Mail in GoDaddy Name.png

Please delete this Post if already posted by someone OR if I am wrong.

Cheers!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A few threads about this scam already although it's always good to warn especsialy newbies.

•••
•••
Received some mails like this often.

Thanks!

•••
Only got it once. Don't know who would fall prey to it, because a good rule of thumb is you shouldn't have your domains where you host your websites. I was like, "what"? And ignored it.

•••
Only got it once. Don't know who would fall prey to it, because a good rule of thumb is you shouldn't have your domains where you host your websites. I was like, "what"? And ignored it.
Why is it a good rule of thumb not to keep Your domains where you host your websites?

•••
Well, considering that GoDaddy will suspend your account at the slightest C&D written by a "lawyer" whereby you have to go through 20 reps to get it straight, you have both your domain and website suspended. Otherwise, you have your domain at X and hosting at Y, just change the nameservers until it's sorted out. If domain is at X and X is GoDaddy, it really doesn't matter anyway in this instance though.

(Lawyer is in quotations because they're sneaky when it comes to charging clients when they know they don't have a case against the person who holds the domain name, such as one who sent me a C&D when he knew PayPal vs. PayPalSucks ;))

•••
Got the same email ..... i don't host with them !

•••
Got the same email ..... i don't host with them !
Exactly, but no matter how smart you are it could make you double guess yourself. So, I suppose it's sneaky. I saw it when I was tired and was like, my tmp what? I have servers... How does GoDaddy know or even care why I have so many directories, it's mine. :-P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back