Spaceship.com registrar thread.

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

dirk

NOT ATop Member
Impact
15,005
I just tried Spaceship.com. They're a NameCheap brand and launched their beta. I think they rightfully deserve a thread on NP to discuss our experiences with their new registrar.

Remember, it's still in beta so do expect some glitches, work to be done... Would be cool in someone from NC would care to chip in :) @tamar
 
16
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Yes, there are some bugs, for example you can't remove single domain in Seller hub or add to folder/category one domain, always must be 2 or more, weird stuff.

You can't export selected domains to CSV they download all. On Sav and Unstoppable is same crap, they can't take my idea and implement it.
I wonder if this are intentional problems or they are too lazy to fix them.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
@Elena Teplytskaya Good afternoon. I just tried to enter 200 domains in the search bar (because for some reason your interface does not allow selecting only the current page of 50, 100, or 500 domains, and I have to search for sorted domains through the search bar). Then I selected the 200 domains that were found and clicked "extend for 1 year" - but nothing happens. If I reduce the number of selected domains, for example enter only 150, 140, 130, 120, 110, or 101 domains, the result is the same. Only when I select 100 or fewer domains does the next option to renew appear. Browser: Firefox.

I asked you to fix this bug so that I can renew many domains with one invoice, but your specialists instead limited the number of domains that can be renewed to a maximum of 100.

This means I will have to create 22,600 / 100 = 226 separate invoices per year to renew my portfolio for one year, and then give them to my accountant / auditor for reporting and also pay them to process all these documents. Do you understand how much useless work I will have to do and pay for just because you decided to limit the number of domains in one renewal order to only 100? In some countries, it is enough to have a simple statement, but in Europe the tax authorities are very strict. You must save every single invoice and include it in the reports.

Please increase the limit to at least 500, or even better 1000/2000.

Show attachment 297283

I press the "Apply (101)" button and get an error.

Show attachment 297284
Hello,
Thank you for the detailed feedback. The behavior you described is not expected, and our development team is currently investigating the issue.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can perform bulk renewals through Domain Manager, where bulk actions support a larger number of domains in a single operation.

We also understand your concern about the administrative overhead caused by the current limit. Your suggestion to increase the limit has been shared with our dev team for further review. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
Orest
Spaceship Domain Product Team
 
2
•••
@Elena Teplytskaya Good afternoon. I just tried to enter 200 domains in the search bar (because for some reason your interface does not allow selecting only the current page of 50, 100, or 500 domains, and I have to search for sorted domains through the search bar). Then I selected the 200 domains that were found and clicked "extend for 1 year" - but nothing happens. If I reduce the number of selected domains, for example enter only 150, 140, 130, 120, 110, or 101 domains, the result is the same. Only when I select 100 or fewer domains does the next option to renew appear. Browser: Firefox.

I asked you to fix this bug so that I can renew many domains with one invoice, but your specialists instead limited the number of domains that can be renewed to a maximum of 100.

This means I will have to create 22,600 / 100 = 226 separate invoices per year to renew my portfolio for one year, and then give them to my accountant / auditor for reporting and also pay them to process all these documents. Do you understand how much useless work I will have to do and pay for just because you decided to limit the number of domains in one renewal order to only 100? In some countries, it is enough to have a simple statement, but in Europe the tax authorities are very strict. You must save every single invoice and include it in the reports.

Please increase the limit to at least 500, or even better 1000/2000.

Show attachment 297283

I press the "Apply (101)" button and get an error.

Show attachment 297284
Hello @robosapien ,

Thank you for your patience - we fully understand how important this is for managing a large portfolio, especially from an accounting perspective.

We've implemented an update on our side, and the renewal limit in Domain Portfolio has now been increased to 500 domains. This should significantly reduce the number of invoices and make the process more manageable for you.

Please give it a try when convenient, and let us know if it improves your workflow or if you still see any limitations. Your feedback directly contributed to this change, and we really appreciate you raising it.

Orest
Spaceship Domain Product Team
 
Last edited:
6
•••
You should be able to see the exact date a domain in redemption gets the added fee.

In the image, the top domain has the fee added, but the one under is still standard renewal. Yet, the red status bar is shorter.

There could be a small "i" info icon next to date that stored the redemption fee date so when you click or mouse over it would show you the exact date

space-expired-domains.png
 
1
•••
fyi (no surprise here)

IMG_5546.jpeg
 
4
•••
Dear @Spaceship,

today I transfered out 55 domains from Spaceship to Atom.
4 dot .net domains have been confirmed, 51 dot .me domains failed.

Atom writes: Since we verify locks and Auth codes before starting, a failure at this stage usually means your previous registrar explicitly denied the transfer request or there is a temporary registry-level restriction.

Would you be so kind to explain why those transfers failed.
I would also appreciate if you clear these transfers withouting forcing me to create new auth codes, domain by domain.
 
2
•••
1
•••
I would like to get a fair comparing between Spaceship and Atom.
What is the difference between the two? Price and/or service?
 
0
•••
What is the difference between the two? Price and/or service?
They are both registrars with landing pages and everything you need to sell your domains easily. I would pick Spaceship over Atom unless you have a lot of names and complicated needs. Atom is far more complex, allows a more advanced landing page, but has a steep learning curve and higher commissions.

Current registration prices for them, and many others, are at tldes.com
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I want to transfer 4 dotcoms to Spaceship using the $8.17 promo code. Does the code still work? It doesn't seem to be working liking it used to.
 
3
•••
I want to transfer 4 dotcoms to Spaceship using the $8.17 promo code. Does the code still work? It doesn't seem to be working liking it used to.
Still works.Used today 😃
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I want to transfer 4 dotcoms to Spaceship using the $8.17 promo code. Does the code still work? It doesn't seem to be working liking it used to.
The promo code is still active.
If it doesn’t work in the window (small) shopping cart mode, please proceed to the full shopping cart by clicking 'Checkout' and apply the code.
If you still experience any issues, feel free to contact our Team at https://www.spaceship.com/about/contact-us/
 
6
•••
The promo code is still active.
If it doesn’t work in the window (small) shopping cart mode, please proceed to the full shopping cart by clicking 'Checkout' and apply the code.
If you still experience any issues, feel free to contact our Team at https://www.spaceship.com/about/contact-us/
Thanks, that worked after I re-entered the code on the full shopping cart.
 
3
•••
I just tried Spaceship.com. They're a NameCheap brand and launched their beta. I think they rightfully deserve a thread on NP to discuss our experiences with their new registrar.

Remember, it's still in beta so do expect some glitches, work to be done... Would be cool in someone from NC would care to chip in :) @tamar
They're not so great for hosting. I've actually had to contact the CEO because their AI bot gave bad information that caused my existing websites to be deleted. Contacted 'support' and found that they don't have access to their own servers. They literally expected me to send a screenshot of each directory so the support tech could see what's going on. I couldn't believe it. They admitted that they are not a true support team. They are there just to guide you. I'm a web programmer with 25 years experience. I don't need to waste time chatting for guidance. I need spaceship not to break what I created with bad AI information.
 
6
•••
They're not so great for hosting. I've actually had to contact the CEO because their AI bot gave bad information that caused my existing websites to be deleted. Contacted 'support' and found that they don't have access to their own servers. They literally expected me to send a screenshot of each directory so the support tech could see what's going on. I couldn't believe it. They admitted that they are not a true support team. They are there just to guide you. I'm a web programmer with 25 years experience. I don't need to waste time chatting for guidance. I need spaceship not to break what I created with bad AI information.
Hope you get it sorted.
I refuse to rely on AI for any changes to my domains.
 
7
•••
I'm trying to find a way to get an invoice for topping up my account at Spaceship.

Support acknowledged the issue, explained that there is no plan in the near future for such a feature and that's all they had to say.

So,
how do you people manage the invoicing when using Spaceship and when topping-up the account's funds?

Thanks in advance
 
2
•••
I'm trying to find a way to get an invoice for topping up my account at Spaceship.

Support acknowledged the issue, explained that there is no plan in the near future for such a feature and that's all they had to say.

So,
how do you people manage the invoicing when using Spaceship and when topping-up the account's funds?

Thanks in advance
I've never topped-up my account there. I just pay immediately via CR Card and an invoice is produced. It would be an issue for accounting purposes if they don't do the same for an account top-up. All other registrars that I do Account top-ups with DO produce an invoice.
 
3
•••
@NicTraders ,
I always use top-up if I can because it's much more convenient.

For example,
it's one thing to give 100 small invoices to my accountant (for 100 domain purchases) and another to give one big one.
Using a top-up also avoids the occasional bank-checks (where you have to visit the bank and approve the payment). In my case, I use a virtual environment when I visit any bank, or sensitive website, and each bank-check requires extra steps.

Still, you are correct, the vast majority of registrars produce an invoice at the time of the payment. I mean, they receive money from us, there should be a receipt for that! This is a registrar that manages 9 million domains after all. It should be a basic feature.
 
4
•••
@NicTraders ,
I always use top-up if I can because it's much more convenient.

For example,
it's one thing to give 100 small invoices to my accountant (for 100 domain purchases) and another to give one big one.
Using a top-up also avoids the occasional bank-checks (where you have to visit the bank and approve the payment). In my case, I use a virtual environment when I visit any bank, or sensitive website, and each bank-check requires extra steps.

Still, you are correct, the vast majority of registrars produce an invoice at the time of the payment. I mean, they receive money from us, there should be a receipt for that! This is a registrar that manages 9 million domains after all. It should be a basic feature.
Sorry @Hypersot - It turns out I'm talking complete rubbish anyway. I thought I was in the Unstoppable thread. :facepalm:
I can't comment on Spaceship as I haven't used them. I had intended to at one point but it never happened.
I agree, with most registrars Account Top-up is usually more convenient, and it's often financially beneficial too.
And indeed, Spaceship should be able to produce an invoice for funds you have paid, regardless of whether it's an account top-up or not.
 
4
•••
I've never topped-up my account there. I just pay immediately via CR Card and an invoice is produced. It would be an issue for accounting purposes if they don't do the same for an account top-up. All other registrars that I do Account top-ups with DO produce an invoice.
I have had problems getting an invoice after adding funds to Good as Gold at GoDaddy. Quite amazing that the world's largest registrar doesn't automatically produce one.
 
3
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back