Domain Empire

new gtlds .SPACE discussion, news and showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I searched but could not find that this already exists, so I thought I would start a thread devoted only to the SPACE ngTLD extension. I see this thread as being a place for several types of items:
  • News regarding the extension (e.g. promotion, where to buy, etc.)
  • Showcase your favourite SPACE domain names
  • Notice of sales announced in the extension
  • Interesting websites making use of the extension
  • Analysis and statistics with respect to the extension
Look forward to your contributions!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A few from the catacombs:

Adopted[.]space
SolarCharging[.]space
SharedLiving[.]space

•••
•••
No I mean reserved, I did not expect standard reg fees on premium names but if an extension wishes to succeed they need to make all names available, outer.space = reserved deep.space = reserved rent.space = reserved rental.space = reserved Now try HouseRental.Space and you will see it is registered. Don't believe me? Go to Dynadot and see for your self . The practice of holding back names is stupidity at its worst. You can add Work.Space to list, ho hum ...... time to move on

This is a concern, I agree. Thanks for the examples, @DnEbook I had not realized that there were a number reserved by the registry in space. Does anyone know a source that indicates how many domain names are registry reserved by extension? I presume that Radix do this with all their extensions? (and most other registries, probably) I wishICANN established rules that prohibited more than 0.x% reserved, or ideally did not allow registries to reserve any at all. And if they allow any to be reserved, require the registry to publicly post a list of those that are reserved.

•••
Just noticed at SoldDomains that the domain name creative.space sold for $6499 (registry sale) June 30 last year - the sale is not on Namebio, but would be highest recorded .space extension sale as far as I know. The next highest sales are cluster(.)space for and grid(.)space for $1000 and $1800 respectively.

Site resolves to nice site of a business offering on-site hosting (i.e. integrated collaborative spaces for tools like FinalCut and Premiere) for creative designers/video editors.

Can see site at creative.space. An excellent demonstration of one category of use of the extension.

•••
I see that the word 'space' is the top trending keyword in June for the .net extension. Interest in topic possibly good news for the .space extension as well. Here is link to entirely monthly report.

•••
I have livefrom.space (I turned it into a ISS stream :), nice to relax to )

•••
•••
•••
•••
Indirectly related to the .space extension, 60 yr ago on July 29, 1958 the President signed the Act to create NASA. The start of so many amazing achievements! I doubt that we would have a space extension had that not happened. You can read the unamended Act here: https://history.nasa.gov/spaceact.html

•••
A few big .space sales lately....

air(space) a premium domain sold for $17,500 on Sedo on Oct 22
inner(space) sold for $15,000. on Sedo as well (but reported by Radix as a premium sale).

For some reason the first is in NameBio but the second not, although it was widely mentioned in various press and

Both are already in use. Air is some kind of a 3D entertainment site, without much detail yet.
Inner is used in a meditation/mindful site.

•••
A site that has some possible uses for the .space extension, as well as links to actual websites that are using the extension....

https://get.space/

I just noticed this thread...

I actually registered couple of days ago..

* Expandable Storage
* External Storage

In .space

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back