Dynadot

discuss South Park [Season 20] Domains: TrollTrace.com & SkankHunt42.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
SkankHunt42.com was regged on September 15th, 2016 by Perrco LLC. The domain redirects to the Sandbar Sports Grill of Coconut Grove, Florida. Episode 1 of Season 20 aired on September 14th, 2016.

TrollTrace.com was regged October 7th, 2016 by ViaCom. TrollTrace.com was introduced in Season 20, Episode 4, which aired on October 12th, 2016. The .org / .net was regged October 13th.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for doing this research and sharing. It's interesting to note the domains are registered shortly prior to airing.

•••
It's interesting to note the domains are registered shortly prior to airing.

I found that interesting as well. Given their episodes are usually socially relevant to the times, I wonder how long before airing the episodes are written and produced. TrollTrace.com being registered one week before the air date makes me there's an inner domainer in one of the writers. Really a great choice of domain, being an alliteration and a desired function all in one.

•••
Last night's Simpsons episode featured "Bizzfad.com" which was a parody storyline about BuzzFeed.com.

I whoised the domain name and found that someone had already registered the domain name minutes after it aired.

Last edited:
•••
Last night's Simpson's episode featured "Bizzfad.com" which was a parody storyline about BuzzFeed.com.

I whoised the domain name and found that someone had already registered the domain name minutes after it aired.

unbelievable!

•••
Last night's Simpson's episode featured "Bizzfad.com" which was a parody storyline about BuzzFeed.com.

Ha - I'm watching the last episode of Family Guy now, and noticed Stewie did a plug for DiscreetCrate.com. I immediately checked the site, noticed a GoDaddy parked page, ran a WHOIS and saw the domain was regged under proxy on Septermber 8th. Doubt this one has any relation to the show, but if it did, I assume some domainer has access to Family Guy before it airs lol

•••
Ha - I'm watching the last episode of Family Guy now, and noticed Stewie did a plug for DiscreetCrate.com. I immediately checked the site, noticed a GoDaddy parked page, ran a WHOIS and saw the domain was regged under proxy on Septermber 8th. Doubt this one has any relation to the show, but if it did, I assume some domainer has access to Family Guy before it airs lol
Popular television critics and bloggers are shown episodes before hand. If you read some reviews you'll notice that it has been written hours, sometimes even days before it aired.

•••
I wonder if there were ever any domainer pitching a domain name as a name for a TV show?

something like the other way around what you guys are talking about? I have some domains I'd like to sell or pitch to producers.

The Grand Tour a la post Top Gear is just the best.

•••
•••
Back in the day (~199ish? I forget) this happened ALL the TIME. I would regularly check snappy phrases / coined words on tv programs and they were reg'd a few hours ago. I was West Coast and assume East Coasties were snagging them.

One time on a USENET forum I posted something about dingleberry.com not being taken (I didn't want it) and it got reg'd about an hour later. (who.is says it was reg'd / expires 1970 ?!? and is for sale for $106k LOL)

Heck even LLL.coms were still available!

I think when Conan was doing his first late night show, they would reg any domain names the show made up to use on the air. I wonder how long they renewed them?

Last edited:
•••
This is, by far, one of the most intriguing threads on NP. Sorry for interrupting. Please carry on.

•••
Thanks for sharing at @bobbarato - really enjoyed the history lesson.

I think when Conan was doing his first late night show, they would reg any domain names the show made up to use on the air.

Tonight's Family Guy, season 15 episode 6, started with a funny pun. "We now return to Rational Geographic."

upload_2016-11-13_22-10-17.png

Wonder if the .com will get regged. As of now it's available. It's been dropped five times in nine years according to DomainTools WHOIS.

•••
Wow! I'll bet there's big money in this strategy! Maybe I should invest more of my domain research into watching TV. That ain't workin'

•••
•••
Rather than start a new thread Season 18 episode 1 "Go fund yourself" is about trademarks and start up companies and worth a watch for a laugh.

•••
Back