Dynadot

Soo.com stolen domain name - Currently on GoDaddy auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The whois history looked strange so I contacted the owner Gregory Soo. He did not list the domain for sale. The domain was stolen from his Network Solutions account. Who can I talk to at Godaddy to get them to cancel this auction?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have the owner reach out to Go Daddy...

•••
Network Solutions actually took out a domain of mine from my NS account and either sold it off, or there was an auction, I cant remember. In any case, they claimed their systems went haywire when I renewed the domain, and then a few hours later renewed again, as I decided to renew for a longer period. That was a total mess. I have the name back into my account. This was not a cheap domain.

Last edited:
•••
Have the owner reach out to Go Daddy...
Thanks. that's a great idea. I know it's at least an hour wait when calling godaddy. does anyone have a contact phone or email for a manager at godaddy or godaddy auctions that I can pass along to the victim?

•••
I posted it Twitter and tagged GoDaddy and Dan. And also e-mailed Joe and Paul from GoDaddy.

•••
I posted it Twitter and tagged GoDaddy and Dan. And also e-mailed Joe and Paul from GoDaddy.
Great, thanks. That's very helpful.

•••
Thanks for posting about this.

We (DNProtect) will list it in our stolen domain database and notify the appropriate registrars that it's stolen. (This is the normal process we go through when stolen domains are reported to us).

The domain appears to have been stolen from Network Solutions and then transferred out to NameCheap.

Last edited:
•••
•••
We just spoke with the owner Gregory Soo and he has told us that the domain name (SOO.com) is not a stolen domain name.

•••
•••
Thanks. that's a great idea. I know it's at least an hour wait when calling godaddy. does anyone have a contact phone or email for a manager at godaddy or godaddy auctions that I can pass along to the victim?

You might want to take a look at this.

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

•••
However, if you look at the WHOIS record for the email address of the SOO domain, there is an email address using makaera.com, as the domain owner. And that domain expired. Did the current owner of SOO purchase makaera.com, set up the email address, and then take control of the SOO domain? Something doesn't add up here.

Last edited:
•••
We just spoke with the owner Gregory Soo and he has told us that the domain name (SOO.com) is not a stolen domain name.
However, if you look at the WHOIS record for the email address of the SOO domain, there is another email address using makaera.com. And that domain expired. Did the current owner of SOO purchase makaera.com, set up the email address, and then take control of the SOO domain? Something doesn't add up here.
Interesting...

Last edited:
•••
•••
The DAN listing, on the domain, is also gone now.

•••
I'm confused! It is a lot of back and forth conversations about the status of this name which is very confusing. Is this domain name actually stolen?

•••
However, if you look at the WHOIS record for the email address of the SOO domain, there is an email address using makaera.com, as the domain owner. And that domain expired. Did the current owner of SOO purchase makaera.com, set up the email address, and then take control of the SOO domain? Something doesn't add up here.
yes exactly. The person stole the domain. Now they are acting as if they are gregory Soo. But they are not. They have stolen the domain and now they are impersonating the prior registrant. You can see that the theif also created an account on Namepros called 'Gregory1' and posted the domain for sale here on December 13th - https://www.namepros.com/threads/soo-com.1260921/
Right after getting makaera.com. This thief is very bold. I wonder what country they are in. This domain is definitely stolen.

•••
I see the WHOIS record has just been updated on 2022-01-19. He might be trying to move the domain name around to cover his tracks..

•••
I see the WHOIS record has just been updated on 2022-01-19. He might be trying to move the domain name around to cover his tracks..
do you mean the whois for makaera.com or for soo.com?

•••
do you mean the whois for makaera.com or for soo.com?
Soo.com WHOIS record displays an update was made on 2022-01-19, and before that it showed an update on 2022-01-13. So something is going on...

Last edited:
•••

vir/.com and montreal/.com - it seems that admin email doesn't have 2FA. The tech email is using 2FA but it is not a smart idea to use user@gmail > another@gmail.

Regards

•••
yes exactly. The person stole the domain. Now they are acting as if they are gregory Soo. But they are not. They have stolen the domain and now they are impersonating the prior registrant. You can see that the theif also created an account on Namepros called 'Gregory1' and posted the domain for sale here on December 13th - https://www.namepros.com/threads/soo-com.1260921/
Right after getting makaera.com. This thief is very bold. I wonder what country they are in. This domain is definitely stolen.
total pos.

•••
The whois history looked strange so I contacted the owner Gregory Soo.
How did you contact him, and did he offer any additional information?

•••
•••
Did you speak with the alleged thief, and he said the name wasnt stolen?
Is the domain stolen or not?

•••
Back