Dynadot

Some traffic screenshots appear to be of dubious value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just had my thread closed in non-traffic forum because I did not supply traffic scrshot to my "bit of traffic" words so I did some looking at the traffic forum.

Noticed a number of sale threads which had scrnshots but NO DOMAIN NAME was shown. If there is no name on the scrnshot doesn't that make the scrnshot requirement of dubious value or even no value since the scrnshot obviously could be from a different name? Just my 2 cents.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As sent in the reply to your pm:

With the high influx of people faking stats or lying about stats to try and sell a domain for more, the rule is very acceptable and a necessary element to help protect buyers from being mislead.

While I can understand how petty it may seem to legitimate members with no intent at deception, The rule was put in place to compensate for the not so ethical members.

I'm sorry you don't see the reasoning behind policing this rule. Rest assured though, we will also try our best to protect you from anyone that may be claiming traffic on names you want to buy.

While claiming "A bit of traffic" is generalized, it obviously boosts the value of a domain for members motivated to by for traffic (Which lots see that as a factor). "A bit" of traffic may mean 2 visitors to you, but to others "a Bit" may mean thousands. It's a subjective term that each person defines differently.

Furthermore, if you see a thread in violation of a rule, Please use the report feature.

And to be fare, you asked for your thread to be closed :)

Thanks for understanding,

Eric Lyon
Member Services

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back