IT.COM

advice Some advice on my outbound offer

NameSilo
Watch

hui2000

Stable BrandsTop Member
Impact
Hello Namepros Members,

I do have a name i made some outbound to the CEO, and informed him that we are looking to list the name for sale and his company would greatly benefit from the opportunity of acquiring it.

So he replied with how much/ and we negotiated and came to a conclusion at a good price, so he cc'd the assistant executive to make payment and complete the whole acquisition process but we talked with the Assistant and told her we can use escrow for payment or she can directly buy the name from Godaddy as its already listed there with a BIN price but this was after she had informed me that the price on Godaddy was reflecting was the original first price i had asked for so i made a change and let her know that its now reflecting our agreed price. Had no reply from the assistant.
My email notification showed that she opened the message twice, meaning she read the message.

So i decided to email the CEO after 2 days, and in a few minutes he replied back that he has turned the issue to the Head Tech and Head Marketing and he cc'd them the email conversion, which looked fine for me. But it was over 3 days of no reply from the Heads Tech n Marketing that i emailed the CEO back asking him if there is anything i can do to make sure the transaction goes through as soon as possible? Have no reply but my email tracker shows all my messages that i send are opened more than 10 times in a day.

What would be your advice for me members...should i continue following up?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many days are we talking about in total? If you push too hard you look desperate. Have heard people say deals have taken months to complete. One way to avoid that is to say the offer is a good for a set period of time- 48 hours, a week, whatever. Use that next time.

Last edited:
•••
How many days are we talking about in total? If you push too hard you look desperate. Have heard people say deals have taken months to complete. One way to avoid that is to say the offer is a good for a set period of time- 48 hours, a week, whatever. Use that next time.

Thanks, its a round 14 days now

•••
Well if they didn’t reply or buy for two weeks I would set the price back to the original price on GoDaddy. That’s just me.

Sounds like the assistant was miffed you didn’t change the price to agreed price immediately? Either they have decided against it or will buy later. I would follow up one more time and then let it go.

•••
Keep patience! don't push themm to much, I have had experienced like this. How could you know they open/read your messages?

•••
Keep patience! don't push themm to much, I have had experienced like this. How could you know they open/read your messages?

I use hubspot for gmail to track my outbound emails

•••
I'd say wait and then list the domains for sale. That way, they can either risk losing the domain or they will go ahead and purchase it

•••
Well if they didn’t reply or buy for two weeks I would set the price back to the original price on GoDaddy. That’s just me.

Sounds like the assistant was miffed you didn’t change the price to agreed price immediately? Either they have decided against it or will buy later. I would follow up one more time and then let it go.

sure, thanks

•••
I'd say wait and then list the domains for sale. That way, they can either risk losing the domain or they will go ahead and purchase it

Thanks, i get your point here

•••
Instead of emailing the CEO again, email the Head Tech and Head Marketing and cc the CEO as he has clearly delegated this to them - ask them when they can get the ball rolling then leave it

•••
Instead of emailing the CEO again, email the Head Tech and Head Marketing and cc the CEO as he has clearly delegated this to them - ask them when they can get the ball rolling then leave it

He cc'd them and they are now part of the email conversation we shared together with the CEO, do i need to separately email them?

•••
start a new email then copy in CEO -

"following on from my recent correspondence with (name ceo), please advise when you would like to proceed with the purchase of xyz"

or something similar then leave it be for a while - good luck with it

•••
start a new email then copy in CEO -

"following on from my recent correspondence with (name ceo), please advise when you would like to proceed with the purchase of xyz"

or something similar then leave it be for a while - good luck with it

Thanks, sounds good

•••
•••
@hui2000 Did you made the sale ?
If yes, how did it go ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back